• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng should be appreciated and given a place of honor in Sin politics.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is a clear and present asset on what one should not be as an Opposition in Singapore politics. So watch and learn. I thank you GMS. Nicole, are you there?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With no disrespect to GMS, he truly deserves some award for his self belief & dogged determination (or stubborness); something like the Razzies in place of an Oscar!:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if he leave spore politics for good, i will kow tow him.

i never tulan an opposition politician until GMS come along.

because of him, tampines is as good as lost.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most Dense Opposition Politician 2011 would be an apt tittle, i would vote for him hands down

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before moving to Hougang last July, I had been a long time resident of Tampines for 18 years.. I'm still sore each time I looked at MBT's face on the bilboards across the constituency...MBT puny balls was ripe for the plucking.. It was dangling in a precarious position.. But GMS and NSP lost that golden chance to pull out the balls of MBT once and for all.. A chance that is lost for good.. And now Tampines residents are still stuck with MBT and the PAP for the next 5 years...:mad:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I don't think supporting TKL would have a negative impact on him in 2016.
Most voters would have forgotten. Those who still remember would have not voted for him anyway or would still vote for him.
The bigger problem is how he manages his ego and stubborness going forward.
The inability to recognise and admit mistakes and take corrective action may eventually lead him into SG's political historical cave.

In my opinion, he needs to be the third or maybe even fourth "strongest" candidate in an opposition GRC team, for the team to have
a good chance to win.
If he's the strongest or second strongest candidate, it would likely be a tough fruitless fight.
My advice is concentrate on the issues and the idealism, and leave the leadership and personality battles to others.

hokkienpeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
i never tulan an opposition politician until GMS come along.

GMS is out for personal glory, a how lian opportunist. His posts are often self-aggrandizing fantasies along the lines of "The PAP is shaking in its shoes/falling right into my clever trap/moving exactly according to my devious ploy/etc because I'm such a brilliant strategist like the characters in Romance of the Three Kingdoms (the computer game, he's not literate enough to read the novel)"; the rest are his superficial and shallow observations of the local political scene.

Look at CSJ and JBJ, whatever you think of them, they are largely motivated by righting injustice and fighting oppression. If you listen to what they say, its always about helping the underprivileged and exposing the overprivileged, very rarely about themselves. PAP is afraid of serious opposition like them. You can always tell whether somebody is a threat or not by checking whether the PAP has tried to destroy and discredit him.

Buffoons like GMS can yell all he wants but PAP is not going to give a shit. In fact GMS has become the poster boy for their proverbial "low quality opposition candidate", PAP would love to keep him around.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please...somebody buys him a new pair of pants. he has been wearing the same dirty, baggy, unwashed, unpressed pants for years. holy mackerel, have some basic hygiene.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair he did inject some life back to the NSP. At the rate it was going it would have gone the way of SJP.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair he did inject some life back to the NSP. At the rate it was going it would have gone the way of SJP.

NSP is not an easy party to renew because renewal was overdue. You start with a large bunch of overstayed veterans, some new blood comes in and the veterans retire, so you end up with the same strength. More new blood comes in and the older new blood retires, you still end up with the same strength. Even WP under LTK took 10 years to renew. The same thing happened to WP. It is slightly better now because it won 6 seats therefore more places to contribute. The trick is to create avenues and use each person for his/her strength, rather than squeeze everyone into the CEC.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be like - Want to lose your deposit? Call Me GMS

Famous last words of Goh Meng Seng:

T-2: Tan Cheng Bock and Tan Jee Say will lose their deposit.
T-1: Tony Tan's deposit in danger!!!
T+1: TKL losing deposit was always a possibility. :confused:

Last edited: