• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TR: Khaw apologizes to KKH medication blunder victim in person

Donaldson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan made a personal trip to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to apologize to one of the victims of the medication blunder Madam Poh in person three days ago.

Madam Poh was given an overdose of chemotherapy drug over hours instead of days by two pharmacists who used the wrong infusion pump. She is currently recuperating in KKH.

Mr Khaw wrote on his blog that he was stopped before he could finish his sentence.

He heaped praises on Madam Poh and her family for their magnanimity:

"I apologised to her but she stopped me before I could complete my sentence. This is truly a wonderful family, brought up with sound decent human values. We had a good chat, about many things, including LASALLE's art therapy as her son is keen on guitar music."

When interviewed by Chinese paper Lianhe Wanbao, Madam Poh said she was very touched by Mr Khaw who spent 20 minutes speaking to her and her family.

Her husband, Mr Yap said that they had already forgiven to two blundering pharmacists and hoped that they would not be sacked by the hospital.

A devout Buddhist, Mr Khaw who just celebrated his 57th birthday also shared some of his life philosophy with his readers:

"At 57, I have learnt not to get too excited with good news, nor too depressed with bad news. Every dark cloud will eventually pass; just as sunshine does not last forever.

The key is to stick to basic values in life: do as many good deeds as possible, even if minor; do no bad deeds, even if they seem slight."

One of Mr Khaw's birthday wishes is to see his daughter recover fully from an injury sustained during a road traffic accident last week.

She was apparently knocked down by a taxi and had been discharged from the hospital.

Mr Khaw declined to divulge more details when asked by reporters.

Read Mr Khaw's blog here

Interview source: Lianhe Wanbao, 9 December 2009

Article from: Temasek Review

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you want from him somemore? Kneel down and cry meh. even if wayang, I think Khaw has done his best in this issue leow.