• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2330hr did tornado or cyclone just hit SG?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<embed src='http://www.youtube.com/v/4Z1ei5lMw70&rel=1' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='310' height='259'></embed>
<embed src='http://widget.lyricsmode.com/i/scroll2.swf?lid=455039&speed=4' width='318' height='181' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/></embed>

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwan's tyhoons much stronger than the current winds experienced by most now...

When I encountered it last Sep 08, I thought I can take off and fly sia...

Scary!

:eek:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything is fine here in Oxley Road. :biggrin:

Oxley Rd is nuclear proof.

Inside the house were filled with gold bars and cash just like the Taiwan ex-president ah ban. While walking inside the house must be extra careful, if not you will tip over the pile of cash(that is stacked on the floor) and fell down.

:biggrin:

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwan's tyhoons much stronger than the current winds experienced by most now...

When I encountered it last Sep 08, I thought I can take off and fly sia...

Scary!

:eek:

Your post reminded me of Chicago the wind city. Don't know how many times I fell on the icy ground due to strong wind. Freezing cold and windy like mad. Could not even open my eyes at times, so have to wear sunglass to shield eyes from cold wind even when there was only dull daylight or night-lights.

Very risky and hard to cross streets because of strong wind and icy slippery surface, cars breaks are unreliable on those roads. Strangers will hold hands just to cross street safely together.

From my office windows at 12 floor, could see empty Burger King paper bags past. Opposite Lake Michigan was Canada, where all the cold wind came across the water from.

Unforgettable.

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wind suddenly ultra strong from AMK to East Coast. I called people to confirm.

Everything flying!

tornadoes do not develop in our area. only mini waterspouts.

our geographical terrain and location does not allow cyclone build ups.

what hit us was probably "sumatras"

but accordingly to clinton666, its bcoz of gays wor! hehe

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
tornadoes do not develop in our area. only mini waterspouts.

our geographical terrain and location does not allow cyclone build ups.

what hit us was probably "sumatras"

but accordingly to clinton666, its bcoz of gays wor! hehe

Years back there was one cyclone that past SG. But SG don't report it. I found out from storm center website of US navy.

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was fucking Obama! Now 1:20am read Yahoo news time stamp was 1hr6m ago! Just about the same time wind hit SG!

Obama is bad for Singapore Feng Shui, he took office and Merlion got struck by lightning.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDb2JhbWF0b3RhbGt1

Obama to talk up wind power on Earth Day in Iowa
AP

President Barack Obama waves as he boards Air Force One at Andrews Air Force AP – President Barack Obama waves as he boards Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland, Wednesday, …
By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Philip Elliott, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 6 mins ago

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's return to Iowa gives him a chance to mark Earth Day with a pitch for his alternative energy plan and environmentally friendly jobs.

The visit to the state that launched him on the road to the White House comes as Obama's energy legislation has slowed in Congress, with skeptical Republicans and some Democrats from coal-producing states fearing the plan will increase costs for consumers, send jobs overseas and hurt businesses.

In financially struggling Newton, Iowa, Obama planned to tour — then highlight — Trinity Structural Towers wind energy plant as a model for job creation and energy production in a town whose biggest employer was sold and then stopped operations.

Newton's Maytag Corp. appliances plant closed in 2007, costing the small city hundreds of jobs. But a year later, the state announced that Trinity Structural Towers would build a $21 million factory on the former Maytag site and employ about 140 workers, in exchange for business incentives and tax breaks.

The administration contends that the president's plan will create jobs and protect the environment.

In an Earth Day proclamation, Obama said protecting the nation's natural resources "not only fulfills a sacred obligation to our children and grandchildren, but also provides an opportunity to stimulate economic growth."

Obama's post-inauguration itinerary reads like a list of battleground and Republican-leaning states that helped lift him to the presidency and will be critical in any re-election bid. He's traveled to Colorado, North Carolina, Indiana, Ohio and Florida. The visit to Iowa Wednesday was his first since the election.

Obama staged a surprise upset over one-time rival Hillary Rodham Clinton to win Iowa's caucuses in January 2008, giving him much-needed momentum out of the caucuses that sparked a marathon nomination struggle. His Iowa field operation for 2012 is up and running, with town-hall meetings scheduled this week.

Obama's energy plan would drive more investments to companies such as Trinity, which builds the towers that support wind turbines. White House officials said that beyond the boost to the economy that such investment would bring, families also would benefit eventually from lower energy costs.

To that end, the administration's economic stimulus plan included some $5 billion for low-income weatherization programs and $2 billion for electric car research. Another $500 million was set aside to train workers for "green jobs," such as those at Trinity Structural Towers.

White House environmental advisers also say the costs of dealing with climate change can be reduced dramatically by adopting programs that will spur energy efficiency and wider use of non-fossil energy such as wind, solar and biofuels.

Yet wind-produced electricity still totals just under 2 percent of all electricity generated, according to the American Wind Energy Association, a trade group.

During his political campaign, Obama touted wind as a prime source of renewable energy. Aides say he's remains steadfast in his support for an energy plan that would reduce greenhouse gases by 20 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, and 83 percent by mid-century.

Obama's plan also calls for a series of measures aimed at reducing the use of fossil energy, such as requiring utilities to produce a quarter of their electricity from renewable sources.

The House began four days of hearings on climate legislation Tuesday, but the challenge of getting bipartisan support immediately became apparent. Energy Secretary Steven Chu, EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood reinforced Obama's message in testimony Wednesday.

The administration officials expressed broad support for a House Democratic bill but indicated the White House would work with Congress on the specifics of the legislation.

Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., chief sponsor of a bill that would limit greenhouse gases, echoed the president's argument, saying his proposal to tackle climate change would spur clean energy development and won't be a drag on the economy.

Symbolically, though, the administration's efforts to highlight clean energy was a victim of the weather. A White House event with energy-efficient vehicles Wednesday morning had to be postponed due to rain.

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here in Hougang Ave 4 is very warm leh.
No wind. No raining.
The nurse also don't allowing to turning on the aircon.
Some of us will be going out to be sleeping in the garden :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here in Hougang Ave 4 is very warm leh.
No wind. No raining.
The nurse also don't allowing to turning on the aircon.
Some of us will be going out to be sleeping in the garden :smile:

You must in the garden of eternal bliis at Buangkok Resort, how was the food & water?; a retirement home or getaway for the pappies oppositions.:biggrin:

The wind & rain must be summoned by the crying MONKey, who used his 'yee noy sand cheong"...so you people, don't insult the MONKey too much ok!

:rolleyes:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was really a sudden strong wind, then followed by a not so spectacular rain. My wife and I quickly switched off the air-con, open the window and turn on the fan. Then we went to bed and slept soundly.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having coffee with friends at 11plus. A sudden gust of wind make all customers sitting at the open area to inside.

When went home, the main door was locked from inside! Family members told me the door(fire proof type) was half ajar by the strong wind. Din know it was so strong...

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_367449.html

Freak storm wreaks havoc
By Felicia Wong and Derrick Ho

stomp-tree3.jpg

Wind uprooted trees at Blk 31 Dover Road. -- PHOTO: STOMP

View more photos

A FREAKISH storm with strong winds uprooted trees, damaged cars and left a trail of destruction on Wednesday night, all within about 15 minutes.
There were numerous reports of fallen trees island-wide, with at least one car damaged by the falling branches in an open carpark. At a housing estate in Dover Road, a large tree almost snapped in half and lay fallen on its side, with other branches strewn across the grassy area.

Eyewitnesses also reported that large plastic barricades used in roadworks were blown across a road by the strong winds, causing traffic obstruction. Pham Tan Hung found a large tree fallen outside Hong Leong Gardens in Clementi while on his way to work on Thursday morning. 'It's a shocking scene to me. It covered the whole walking path to the bus stop, around 6 to 8 metres,' he wrote to straitstimes.com

Weather maps from the National Environmental Agency (NEA)'s website showed that a rain storm blew over Singapore shortly after 11pm on Wednesday.

Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter were also abuzz with postings about the freak storm. Bloggers in Singapore also recounted personal stories, with many saying they were awoken by the violent rattling and slamming of doors caused by the winds. Others reported car alarms going off.

'We had to duck from the many things that were blowing out of control. There was a road block signage that blew across a major road. heavy duty dustbins dropped like bowling pins. We had to take refuge on the outside of a building' wrote mistipurple on her blog.

'I don't know how widely the winds could have travelled, but tonight for about five minutes, I experienced one of the strongest winds since returning to Singapore,' wrote blogger mis-erialc.

'In fact, I don't remember a time that we've ever experienced winds so strong. As the wind repeatedly assaulted my blinds, I couldn't help but look outside at the environmental commotion it was causing - the bending of trees, the picking up and tossing around of random objects outside.'

Share more stories about the storm and send photos to [email protected]

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In western parts like Jurong East, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang also can feel the strong winds. Is it a typhoon or what? Many things went flying. I can confirm that.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
global warming hit singapore finally. so, stop using your cars, aircon and stop eating meat. you are killing the planet. meanwhile, i continue to play games on my power hungry crossfire GPU.