• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Restaurant Manager: FTs are very good!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can tahan for a few years working like slave but know for sure u can live like a king/queen when u go back to your homeland, how would u behave<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1334.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>One restaurateur's happy experience
I READ with interest about the foreign worker controversy in Serangoon Gardens and wish to share my experience.

My company operates two restaurants in Singapore. Like other players in the food and beverage industry, we couldn't find enough Singaporeans to work in the restaurant business. I dare say no parents in Singapore would like their children to be a restaurant server. It is also an issue when the career path in F&B is not visible to many. Someone with a professional degree often starts at a higher level than a person with a degree in hospitality. It is still the norm for F&B certificate holders to start from the ground and work their way up.
Therefore our operations are supported by foreign workers as local talent is insufficient. Whenever we place a recruitment advertisement, it attracts more foreigners than Singaporeans. These professionals are willing to downgrade to work as a server. We have full- and part-time staff, from the Philippines, Myanmar, Nepal, Malaysia and China - and a few diehard Singaporeans. I am glad we have these foreigners for they are our staffing backbone. They are hardworking, mild mannered, sincere and friendly.
The way they function as a team is unbelievable. There is no line drawn when it comes to meeting operational objectives. Guests often give me positive feedback on the service of our foreign staff. They are not a threat to us but complement us well.
In return, we show them our appreciation by celebrating their important festive events with them. We invite their community to our restaurants as guests and allow them to study on our premises. We have raised funds when their countries were hit by natural disaster. They reciprocate by working hard and well at our restaurants.
It is time we stopped our snobbish attitude and learnt to be more tolerant of foreign talent who help drive our economy. Tham Kok Yun
Operations Manager
Manhattan Fish Market

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>