• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charging extra: 'Why must other taxi companies always follow what Comfort DelGro does

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Charging extra: 'Why must other taxi companies always follow what Comfort DelGro does?'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE F1 Grand Prix is in town. So are the road blocks and the recently imposed $5 taxi surcharge when entering the race areas.
This makes me wonder why other taxi companies must always follow what Comfort DelGro does? When Comfort DelGro implements something, does it instruct other companies to follow suit?
Look at the $5 surcharge. Comfort DelGro was the first company to implement it, and after that day, another operator implemented it.
Is it the norm for other taxi operators to follow whatever Comfort DelGro does?
On top of that, why are there surcharges now and then? I remember during the Singapore Airshow in February, there was also a surcharge when passengers boarded a taxi from the taxi pick-up point at the exhibition site.
If taxi companies like to have surcharges, why not implement this: When there is a major event in Singapore, charge a flat-rate surcharge. Implement something like the CBD surcharge of $3 during the evening peak hour.
An example is whenever the National Parade is held at the Marina Bay floating platform, impose a standard surcharge for all drop-offs in the area.
If every time taxi operators add surcharges whenever they like, it will mean that whenever there is a major event, there will be ad-hoc surcharges for drop-offs at certain roads.
Taxi companies should explain. Tan Shao Ken

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Charging extra: 'Why must other taxi companies always follow what Comfort DelGro

cartel .

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Charging extra: 'Why must other taxi companies always follow what Comfort DelGro

I think it was SMRT who started this idea of a $5 surcharge.

Comfort by virtue of having the biggest fleet of taxis, is therefore the market leader. Whatever Comfort does, all the other small players just have to follow.

Taxi drivers have no choice but to follow what their companies dictate. One day I hope to see them standing up to anyone, company or gahmen who would dare trample on them.

One incident which they showed some teeth was many years ago when they drove six abreast on the ECP towards the airport? They caused a massive jam by their slow march! They were protesting against some gahmen policy, but I don't recall what. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal

Comfort by virtue of having the biggest fleet of taxis, is therefore the market leader. Whatever Comfort does, all the other small players just have to follow.

Comfort DelGro = Tai Kor Tai :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: