• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IPhone 3G

C

Cheetah

It was nice to be able to finally feel the new IPhone 3G physically. It is a lot smaller and lighter than its predecessor. I was looking around for ladies with long finger nails to try out the IPhone and alas only Wishbone was around but her finger nails were not long enough.

It would be great to have Xiaxue try out the phone again and see if the response would be better. My own take is that, it is not something I would personally buy as, based on my experiences with the ITouch, I do not like the idea of touching the screen to type. It’s prone to mistakes, despite assurances from Uzyn & Jerrick that it’s a matter of getting used to.

So a quick summary based on what I’ve seen just now:
It is light
Black is 8GB, White is 16GB
The camera function, although only 2 megapixels, captures enough detail (as my peers will always say, pictures turns out better on a Mac, yada yada)
There is a quick Aeroplane button which you can use when you are on a flight, so you can continue to use the IPhone without interfering with flight operational and navigational systems.
The email software within the IPhone interfaces very well with major email servers, POP, SMTP, IMAP and even MS Exchange.

counsel

Alfrescian
Loyal
The camera function, although only 2 megapixels, captures enough detail (as my peers will always say, pictures turns out better on a Mac, yada yada)

I see that as a drawback. Wish it have at least 6 megapixels (6 megapixels is considered low when there are cameras with crystal sharp 12 megapixels)

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm actually choosing between the iphone, omnia and htc diamond. seems like iphone is the weakest of the lot in terms of features?

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm actually choosing between the iphone, omnia and htc diamond. seems like iphone is the weakest of the lot in terms of features?
have you been to a Samsung or HTC service centre? I'm not a fan of touch screen tough...especially for text messaging. I'd probably use an iPhone among the 3 choices though...not used to Windows Mobile, currently using symbian Nokia E71

JWNY

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
The IPhone 3G is a bit pricey. I have survive without ipod. The Creative was good enough for the ipods. This should work like wise for the iphone.

mario69

Alfrescian
Loyal
my relative working at sintel was quite disappointed with the "staff offer" they had.... i can't tell the diff between their offer and wat the public got.....

nowadays, big companies quite neow hor..... hiewlet packet also....