• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eating, drinking, talking and sleeping in NLB

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Library should bar users who repeatedly flout rules

I WAS at the Bedok library on Wednesday at about 5pm when I saw a teenage couple talking non-stop at the reference section, even after a librarian had warned them not to do so.
I also noticed someone sleeping, another person drinking from a bottle, and a third person eating biscuits. In addition, I observed that a staff member in charge of the photocopying section was having dinner at his desk.

All these were happening because users know that after being given a warning, nothing else will be done to them.

It is time to arm librarians with the power to ask for identification, and to record offences so that action can be taken against those who flout library rules.

I propose that all users be made to scan their identity cards (ICs) before they are allowed to enter libraries. Offenders' IC numbers and offences should be recorded and tracked. After three warnings, they should be barred from entering for three months.

This will make users take librarians' warnings seriously.

R. Jaichandra

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is time to arm librarians with the power to ask for identification, and to record offences so that action can be taken against those who flout library rules.

I propose that all users be made to scan their identity cards (ICs) before they are allowed to enter libraries. Offenders' IC numbers and offences should be recorded and tracked. After three warnings, they should be barred from entering for three months.

I propose all librarians to wear military uniforms and be called officers. Every users should greet them sir or madam when they see the librarians inside the library.

If the librarians see anyone misbehaving, they can knock the offenders down 20 immediately...

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not ask them to dress as prison officer as flex the long cane on their hands? if any one caught doing anything breaking the regulation of library, he or she will be caned publicly with no excuses, to give stern warning at the same time humiliation to those offenders.