• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

    The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Updated] Man, 68, dies after falling in front of oncoming train at Segar LRT station; train service resumes after 4 hours

Tree

Stupidman
Loyal
Joined
Aug 20, 2022
Messages
30,319
Points
113

No LRT service between Bukit Panjang and Senja stations after man trespasses on track​

Transport operator SMRT first flagged the "major delay" at 6am, later saying that services were affected due to a track intrusion.
No LRT service between Bukit Panjang and Senja stations after man trespasses on track

LRT trains stopped at Bukit Panjang LRT during a breakdown on Jul 19, 2025. (File photo: CNA/Syamil Sapari)

Ng Hong Siang

18 May 2026 07:11AM(Updated: 18 May 2026 07:32AM)

SINGAPORE: There is currently no LRT train service between Senja and Bukit Panjang stations after a man was seen trespassing on the track, transport operator SMRT said on Monday (May 18).

SMRT first flagged the "major delay" in a Facebook post at 6am, later saying that services were affected due to a "track intrusion".

In a subsequent update, SMRT said a man was seen trespassing on the track near Segar station at about 5am.

"Train services between Petir and Senja stations, in both directions, were temporarily suspended to allow the police safe access to the tracks for investigations," it said in a Facebook post at about 7.10am.

Commuters who require an e-Travel Chit can submit a request via the SMRT website.

Train service remains available between Choa Chu Kang and Bukit Panjang stations, with free bridging bus and regular bus services activated to support affected commuters, said SMRT.

The BPLRT system is an 8km line connecting residential estates within Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang to the North-South and Downtown Lines.

The Land Transport Authority said in November that about 88 per cent of renewal works on the BPLRT system had been completed and the renewal works are slated for completion by the last quarter of 2026.

This is a developing story, please refresh for updates.
 
Is he a vaxtard? If yes, his desire to suicide is so strong that no one have been doing these for so many years after SMRT had prevented communters from committing suicide on the tracks
 

Man, 68, dies after falling in front of oncoming train at Segar LRT station; train service resumes after 4 hours​

Sign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inbox
At about 9am, the entrance of Segar station was cordoned off by the police. A body was removed from the track by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers.

A fire truck was seen at the Segar station at about 8.45am. Earlier, a police car was seen parked at the Jelapang station, which is next to the Segar station.

SMRT staff at Bukit Panjang station were seen advising commuters on May 18 after LRT train services between Senja and Bukit Panjang stations, in either direction, were not available due to a track intrusion.


At about 9am, the entrance of Segar station was cordoned off by the police. A body was removed from the track by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers.

ST PHOTO: SHINTARO TAY
Alessia Mah
and
Shintaro Tay

Published May 18, 2026, 06:26 AM
Updated May 18, 2026, 11:51 AM

www.straitstimes.com
SINGAPORE – A man died after falling onto the track at Segar LRT station in the morning of May 18, disrupting train services on the Bukit Panjang line between the Senja and Bukit Panjang stations for about four hours.

The police said they received a call for assistance at Segar LRT station at about 5.50am. Investigations showed that at about 5am, a man was seen to have fallen onto the track in front of an oncoming train.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the incident at about 6.25am. A 68-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene by an SCDF paramedic.

The police do not suspect foul play and investigations are ongoing.

In a Facebook post at 6.52am, train operator SMRT said the service was disrupted “due to a track intrusion”.
In a subsequent update at 7.08am, it said that a man was seen trespassing onto the track near Segar station at about 5am. It later updated the post to say that a man “was seen to have fallen onto the track”.

“Train services between the Petir and Senja stations, in both directions, were temporarily suspended to allow the police safe access to the tracks for investigations,” it said.
At 10.17am, SMRT said train service between Senja and Petir stations has resumed in both directions and that free regular bus and bridging bus services have stopped.

“Our Care Team has reached out to the family during this difficult time. We thank commuters for their patience and understanding,” SMRT Trains president Lam Sheau Kai said, adding that SMRT will continue to assist with police investigations.

A long queue for the bridging bus was seen at the Bukit Panjang bus interchange at around 8.30am.

6536561297fda906bf479faf5c0b45910a8b3f3caf3e928ebb8cb92b673fcf92
People queuing for the bridging bus at Bukit Panjang bus interchange.

ST PHOTO: SHINTARO TAY

At the Bukit Panjang LRT station, SMRT staff were seen advising commuters on alternative travel options.

A couple who were on their way to Fajar station from the airport said taking the bus would be “more difficult” due to their heavy luggage, though they noted they had “no other choice”.
A fire truck was seen at the Segar station at about 8.45am. Earlier, a police car was seen parked at the Jelapang station, which is next to the Segar station.

A fire truck was seen at the Segar station.

ST PHOTO: SHINTARO TAY

At about 9am, the entrance of Segar station had been cordoned off by the police. A body was removed from the track by SCDF and police officers at about 9.10am.

Notice of the disruption first appeared on the MyTransport.SG app at around 6am, with the Land Transport Authority telling commuters to consider free bus services at the affected stations.

In a Facebook post at 6.25am, SMRT said affected travellers could download an e-Travel Chit as proof of travel at smrttravelchit.sg/

It added that live updates would be available at mytransport.sg/trainstatus

The Bukit Panjang LRT line is undergoing an exercise to replace the power rail, which supplies electricity to the trains. It is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2026.

The fully automated network’s fleet was also completely refreshed in October and the line has been using a new communications-based train control signalling system since Nov 8.

The 8km line connects residential estates within Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang to the North-South and Downtown lines and is the first driverless inter-town train feeder service.

  • Additional reporting by Sazali Abdul Aziz
 
It is my opinion that the LRT is totally unnecessary, a looping feeder bus service would have sufficed.

But you need to build stuff to prop up the GDP. :cool:
 

S'pore man, 68, who fell & died on Segar LRT tracks had low blood sugar, son says​

He added that his father was the family's support and role model.



image


The 68-year-old man who fell in front of an oncoming train at Segar LRT station on May 18 and died may have fallen due to low blood sugar, according to his son.

His son, surname Lu (transliteration), told Shin Min Daily News that his father was on his way to work when the incident occurred.

“He’s usually the first person to arrive at school and needs to leave very early. He has low blood sugar, which I’ve heard from his friends before. He’s experienced dizziness and discomfort during a few episodes. I suspect that this is why he accidentally fell off the track this time,” he told Shin Min.

The 68-year-old was identified as Lu Xixing (transliteration), a school administrator of a primary school in Sengkang.


Pillar of family​


Lu said his father was the pillar of the family.


The elder Lu was the breadwinner of the family and had previously run an agricultural products business, managed a restaurant, and worked as a store manager.

"He learns things very quickly and enjoys interacting with people. Even as he approaches retirement age, he chooses to continue working," Lu shared.

He added that his father was a very responsible and trustworthy person, and was the family's support and role model.

“I didn’t take good care of him, and I feel very guilty for not fulfilling my responsibilities as a son.”

Lu, who is currently working as a salesman, expressed sadness that his father passed just as his own career was starting to take off.

“I’ve always wanted him to be proud of me,” he said.

He vowed that he would take on the responsibility of caring for his mother.

Questions on incident​


Lu shared that transport operator SMRT had sent a representative to his home after the incident, but he chose to focus on arranging his father’s funeral first and has not had further discussions with the company since.

“Further investigations cannot bring my father back, but I hope the authorities will review the current safety measures,” he said.

Lu also raised questions about the incident, including whether the gaps between the platform screen doors at the light rail station are too wide, potentially increasing the risk of passengers accidentally falling onto the tracks.

He further questioned whether LRT trains are equipped with a detection system capable of sensing a person or object on the tracks and braking in time to prevent a collision.

According to witnesses, someone pressed the emergency stop button during the incident, Lu noted.

He questioned whether the train would stop immediately once the emergency stop button is activated.

Based on statements released by the authorities, Lu said his father fell onto the tracks at about 5am, police were alerted at around 5:50am, and the Singapore Civil Defence Force received the report at about 6:25am.

He asked what had happened during that period


image

News

S'pore man, 68, who fell & died on Segar LRT tracks had low blood sugar, son says

 
Sinkie gov niao. Mrt got extra door to prevent peo fall on track lrt boh or else need to increase fare.
 
Back
Top