• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dear Ms Chua Lee Hoong...............!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ms Chua
As much as I do not like vomiting on any day of the week, your piece today did it of all days, today - our National Day. The inauspicious anniversary where the old man was kicked out of Malaysia for the very same reasons that your article indirectly touches on.

Here are couple of points.

Authoritarian rule, kudos to the Toa Payoh Brothel to finally admitting despite denials over 4 decades that it is not authoritarianism.

Rule of Law is synoymous with the West. Thats why commercially and socially they have advanced. Selective interpretation of the rule of law is the hallmark of the PAP. Refusing to recognise the outcome using the rule of law is also also another hallmark of the PAP as in the privy council ruling on JBJ.

The issues are not authoritarian per se as some mkuncipal and state laws of the liberal west are more draconian. Its the actual beneficiaries of the authoritarian or any other political system even liberal democracy that determine fair play and justice. If the beneficiaries are not the citizens as a whole or society in general any system however liberal is a failure.

So who are beneficiaries of the authoritarian system that you speak highly of? Why did you not include North Korea with China. North Korea has the cleanest streets in the world and is near or absolutely crime free.

1. Why are there so many hurdles and requirements to stand as a candidate in local elections. Is the assumption that only PAP vetted candidates know the answers and are above board. A number of PAP MPs current including ex have been convicted of crimes so that goes out of the window.
2. Why are the Lee family holding the purse strings of the country's finances.
3. Why has there not been any inquiry on the many failures that Temasek has got into after Mdm Ho took on its stewardship.
4. Are we getting a balance of views or only those subscribed by government owned agencies. Even a trivial thing like the Everest Expedition where the nationalities of the climbers were kept under wraps is an example.

These are just a few but you get my drift. It matters little on what poilitical system Singapore is based on.

Notice that Robin Kampfner met with "Singapore Chinese" citizens so what happened to the other races including Malay which I understand are the natives of this land and their language is the National Language. Did we hide them that Robin has not met any other races than Chinese.

Statements like that hurt out breathens from other races and despite your training and background all I have to say is that, you can take a girl out of Pasir Panjang but taking Pasir Panjang out of you is another things all together. By the way, do let Robin know that Pasir Panjang is a Malay name and the most famous battle known to British, Japanese and the locals was the battle on Pasir Panjang Ridge that Lt Adnan ( a malay) led and fought courageously.

Now to clean up the vomit.........

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Pax Singapore ? An export of Singapore's political system in competition with liberal democracy ? I really wonder which weed or which dick she is sucking on or smoking or both this national day weekend. This conflation of distinct ideas into an unwholesome national day cum PAP day cock sucking orgy is as disgusting as it gets. The world "hates" Singapore is a pathetic attempt at nationalism which will be laughed at by Singaporeans taking national day off in Malaysia and Thailand. Nationalism cannot be manufactured cannot be faked and cannot be fanned by the ST despite its best attempts.

Firstly in any case, what countries admire is an efficient system of governance and a civil service that works for the benefit of Singapore. That is distinct from the "political system" as a whole. Note how the civil service runs our airpots, national IT, economic planning are all laudable achievements that we should celebrate as SINGAPORE and Singaporeans but these systems will exists and will run without the "political governance model" put in place by the PAP. A liberal democratic system with the right political culture could just as efficiently run the system without any fuss.

Singapore's political dominance model works because of culture and size and unique circumstances. China and Russia as their political model evolves will change based on his history and nationalism and not because of an overgrown sense of "Pax Singapore." or " Pax PAP ."

Locke

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nationalism cannot be manufactured cannot be faked and cannot be fanned by the ST despite its best attempts.

Note how the civil service runs our airpots, national IT, economic planning are all laudable achievements that we should celebrate as SINGAPORE and Singaporeans but these systems will exists and will run without the "political governance model" put in place by the PAP. A liberal democratic system with the right political culture could just as efficiently run the system without any fuss. Locke

2 very valid points Bro. No benchmark or measuring stick needed.

Very sloppy journalism or very sloppy propoganda or just both. I don't know why we waste money on folks like that. She reminds of the ypap chap Nick Lazarus who was the initial moderator for YPAP but had to be taken when his eagerness just went on and on.

One of the great dangers of building a country with an authoritarian framework is to build a system that cannot be dismantled if a tyrant runs the show. Its all about control and more controls. Remember the cultural revolution? Remember Albania, STalin, Mugabe, Marcos, ...?

chongb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is one sided reporting. She cannot compare China with Singapore, for one, the current chinese leaders are selfless.They have moved on and ensure in place a system where the top leadership changes every few years . Our current leaders are not prepared to vacate their place, every PM becomes a SM and later a MM , that alone is at least 15 years in service ! They cling on to the rail, an MP pass away in office , you will see more of this in the future.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't that what LKY and the PAPs have been telling us for years? "Uniquely Singapore":biggrin:
Singapore has never moved with the times. I know of a Colombian who recently became a Dominican and as the stage moves so do the actors in it. Welcome to a new life in a new theatre.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is one sided reporting. She cannot compare China with Singapore, for one, the current chinese leaders are selfless.They have moved on and ensure in place a system where the top leadership changes every few years . Our current leaders are not prepared to vacate their place, every PM becomes a SM and later a MM , that alone is at least 15 years in service ! They cling on to the rail, an MP pass away in office , you will see more of this in the future.
I still cannot figure out why she had to tag China into her argument. China as you correctly pointed has changed. Old man still sits in the cabinet, still stay in the Istana to which he drove in opne fateful day 49 years ago.