• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Magical Hard-Drive

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never fail to be amazed by the ingenuity of the Chinese con-artistes, if only they apply the talents to solving some of earth's problem instead of contributing to it.... sign ....

These are 2 examples :

Electrolytic capacitors - e-caps are used in all electronic devices from mobile phones, washing machines to a car. They store electricity to start up your devices, something like a battery.

ecap.jpg

Like the hard drive, this one has much-cheaper and lower capacity capacitor inside. Needless to say, it will fail or worse, explode.

Years ago when I was stationed in Beijing, a customer from UK went to the Silk Market and bought one of those rechargeable torchlight. It was cheap, a couple of dollars and it works great. It stores the charges in its twin rechargeable coin-sized batteries when you work the hand crank.

The UK guy thought it was a great idea (and it is), and contacted the factory rep (or so he thought), paid a deposit for a thousand pieces and went home rubbing his hands. Wow, he could make a bundle selling it for 5 quid.

Well, needless to say, the 'rechargeable' batteries turned out to be normal batteries, non-rechargeable, so when it is depleted, the torch is useless. Last I heard of it, the UK guy stilll managed to turn a much smaller than expected profit by replacing the batteries with the real McCoys.

torch.jpg

This is not the exact model but you get the drift.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am very impressed with Chinese too...they can somehow add melamine into milk powder and get away with it....

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me too, im astonished by their chicks when they can still moan in pain like a virgin.:eek:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another true story, a friend asked the china manufacturer to make lcds meant for medical use in states. turn out that the manufacturer gave him his class B lcds and screw up his biz deal with the hospitals in states. my friend did not know this until the secretary of the 老板 was sacked and she went to tell my friend about it. my friend has since refuse to deal with electronics stuff.

it's not advisable to do manufacturing of electronics products in china unless you set up your own factory there. look at foxconn(taiwanese) and apple chose to deal thru them rather than the local chinese. the taiwanese bosses in china are well known to be ruthless, when china open up their markets in the 80's. the tiawanese bosses who went over there will beat up the factory workers if they did not comply to their wishes. funny fact is that the local chinese prefer to work for the japanese manufacturers.

I never fail to be amazed by the ingenuity of the Chinese con-artistes, if only they apply the talents to solving some of earth's problem instead of contributing to it.... sign ....

These are 2 examples :

Electrolytic capacitors - e-caps are used in all electronic devices from mobile phones, washing machines to a car. They store electricity to start up your devices, something like a battery.

ecap.jpg

Like the hard drive, this one has much-cheaper and lower capacity capacitor inside. Needless to say, it will fail or worse, explode.

Years ago when I was stationed in Beijing, a customer from UK went to the Silk Market and bought one of those rechargeable torchlight. It was cheap, a couple of dollars and it works great. It stores the charges in its twin rechargeable coin-sized batteries when you work the hand crank.

The UK guy thought it was a great idea (and it is), and contacted the factory rep (or so he thought), paid a deposit for a thousand pieces and went home rubbing his hands. Wow, he could make a bundle selling it for 5 quid.

Well, needless to say, the 'rechargeable' batteries turned out to be normal batteries, non-rechargeable, so when it is depleted, the torch is useless. Last I heard of it, the UK guy stilll managed to turn a much smaller than expected profit by replacing the batteries with the real McCoys.

torch.jpg

This is not the exact model but you get the drift.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not interesting in getting china electronic at cheap price.
actually any electronic at cheap price.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are a difference between made in china manage by PRC or made in china manage by japanese or amercian or taiwanese or korean.

basically made in china by chinese company should be avoided at all cost, especially very cheap one.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few years ago, you could find 128G Sony brand thumb drive being sold in various marketplace in China.:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
yo, are you serious? 128GB or 128MB thumb drive???:biggrin::eek:

128G! No joke. In those days, the biggest capacity thumbdrive you could find in a proper computer shop was only 32G.

Those places in China selling 128G! Obviously faked. There were some discussions in China forum and an article on this confirming it was faked. Apparently, the thumbdrive was tweaked such that it could trick the computer to report its volume as 128G when in actual fact it might only be 64M.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see... the way they con in this is still not good enough, the way they did it on the 128MB to become a 500GB by looping the data is really super duper.:biggrin::eek:

128G! No joke. In those days, the biggest capacity thumbdrive you could find in a proper computer shop was 32G.

Those places in China selling 128G! Obviously faked. There were some discussions in China forum and an article on this confirming it was faked. Apparently, the thumbdrive was tweaked such that it could trick the computer to report its volume as 128G when in actual fact it might only be 64M.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is damn funny :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Chinese fucking Chinese
Sinkie Chinese peasants fucking PRC Chinese copycats
Got difference meh? This two group of trashes

What a funny sight!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
128G! No joke. In those days, the biggest capacity thumbdrive you could find in a proper computer shop was only 32G.

Ebay got lots of Chinese sellers selling fake flash memory products for years. wonder why Ebay never take any actions to stop this scam.

http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/