• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone tried Myanmar Airlines?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't planning to go anywhere but Airasia has sent me emails on their holiday promotions. Pretty good prices & gotten my interest. Started to surf to see what other airlines are offering for flights to Bangkok.

The airline offering one of the cheapest flights to Bangkok is Myanmar Airlines. Haven't flown with them before :smile:

Has anyone got any experience with Myanmar Airlines:confused: Opionions welcome.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember I used to book tickets from MAL office at Chinatown Point.

The flight attendants are pleasant and not snobbish. The food is okay, but the airport sucks.

Since I'm only looking at flying to/from SIN/BKK inflight services is not that important. However nice to know that one can talk to the stewardesses.

More interested in knowingthe kind of planes they are use:confused: Doubt they are using C130:smile:

Why does the airport suck:confused:
Aren't they using terminal 2 at Changi:confused: Or do they use the dreaded "Budget Terminal" which I've only heard bad things about:biggrin:

I assume they are using the new airport at Bangkok, Suvarnabumi. Unless of course they are still using the old Don Muang airport.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro..spend a bit more and fly a more reputable airline...anything happens (touch wood - eg: flood, protests, etc) at least you are not left high and dry - meaning to say, avoid Tiger Air.

Really cheap might as well take a coach right ?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ever thought of booking the flight and asked around. A friend working in tour agency jusy looked at me and said no comment. I heard they got ang mo stewardess. dunno true or not

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- meaning to say, avoid Tiger Air.

Really cheap might as well take a coach right ?

Seasoned travellers know that Tiger Air is a big bad joke :smile:

I've considered taking a coach to Hatyai & then flying to Bangkok but don't have the time for a long holiday :(

I miss the good days when you could fly to/back with Air Asia to Bangkok for under $100 :smile: Now Air Asia limits you to a 7kg bag, charges fuel surcharges, etc :eek:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
why? the inflight entertainment so funny ah?

Stewardess : The bald head man over there asking me for beer three times already.
Head stewardess : Then stop giving to him la
Stewardess : I stop giving to him since he asked the second time already

:biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a friend who worked as an SQ girl before going to uni. She told me a story about her colleague's encounter with one australian woman flying in business class who complained non stop since stepping on board. She complained loudly about the seat, the hot towel, the headphone, the pillow, the blanket, the magazine etc etc

The stewardess in charge of the cabin was having a difficult time but had to attend to all her nonsense with a smile. Then the meal was served. As expected the angmo kaopehkaobu loudly over it again "How do you expect anyone to eat this? This chicken is so bad!"

The stewardess, already very busy with serving other passengers, went over again. "madam, may I have your fork?"

The angmo gave her the fork.

The stewardess started hitting the meat with it. "Bad chicken! Bad chicken!". She put the fork down and told the angmo lady in a polite tone "Here you go ma'am, the chicken is good now."

The other passengers in the business class cabin all laughed and clapped.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a friend who worked as an SQ girl before going to uni. She told me a story about her colleague's encounter with one australian woman flying in business class who complained non stop since stepping on board. She complained loudly about the seat, the hot towel, the headphone, the pillow, the blanket, the magazine etc etc............. stewardess started hitting the meat with it. "Bad chicken! Bad chicken!". She put the fork down and told the angmo lady in a polite tone "Here you go ma'am, the chicken is good now."The other passengers in the business class cabin all laughed and clapped.

Is the story true or is it some amusing trade joke just to kill time for these stewardess? :smile:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is the story true or is it some amusing trade joke just to kill time for these stewardess? :smile:

Just retelling the story I was told. If you have the chance you can ask anyone who's served in SQ cabin crew around 10 years ago.

I also heard the second hand accounts of the tragic SQ006 crash. some of the victims were severed in two by their seatbelts :eek: :*:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
never fly the cheapest airlines. they get the same plane from same manufacturers, they have to cut cost somewhere, maybe maintenance of the plane?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't planning to go anywhere but Airasia has sent me emails on their holiday promotions. Pretty good prices & gotten my interest. Started to surf to see what other airlines are offering for flights to Bangkok.

The airline offering one of the cheapest flights to Bangkok is Myanmar Airlines. Haven't flown with them before :smile:

Has anyone got any experience with Myanmar Airlines:confused: Opionions welcome.

Let us do justice to the suffering masses in Myanmar. Those poor people who were denied assistance from the outside world during the stormy episode a few years ago. All this because of a few king-corrupt military goons seating in power. Their corrupted army had the cheek to say that they would hand over the relief supplies. Bloody greedy pigs, followers of the devil-incarnate.Their children (of this rich elite thieves) enjoy life overseas and c an be seen driving in flashy cars, staying in expensive condos and dining in up-class restaurants, while their citizens suffer. Singapore too has opened the doors to many of these spoiled brats.
My advice is stop taking Myanmar Air so that the corrupted regime would suffer. Don't let the government make money in any business deals. Stay far from those international pariahs.
Hopefully, the day will come when the American DEA can have direct evidence to show the involvement of this corrupted leaders in drug trafficking, illegal logging, indiscriminate mining and illegal slaughter of elephants for ivory trade. Hop that there will dawn a day when these dirty politicians would be exposed and their ill-gotten wealth stashed away overseas, including Singapore, would come to light. This should be followed by arresting the leaders of those countries that allow these thieving rats to stash their money there. These people are accessories in crime. In our Penal Code,this is known as, "in furtherance of common intention".

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally not tried but my friends have all tried.
only attraction would be the cheap airfare, according to him is even cheaper than budget airlines (he paid 200+return to bkk during peak christmas -new year period).
Aircraft were new airbuses but no angmo air stewardesses.
People who have not jump in to fly them gave reasons such as not wanting to enrich the junta and/or safety concerns.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most important are time of flight, really unless the price is ridicously high for singapore airlines or thai airlines, i would stick to these two only, because they have many flights per day, therefore more flexible in timing.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since I'm only looking at flying to/from SIN/BKK inflight services is not that important. However nice to know that one can talk to the stewardesses.

More interested in knowingthe kind of planes they are use:confused: Doubt they are using C130:smile:

Why does the airport suck:confused:
Aren't they using terminal 2 at Changi:confused: Or do they use the dreaded "Budget Terminal" which I've only heard bad things about:biggrin:

I assume they are using the new airport at Bangkok, Suvarnabumi. Unless of course they are still using the old Don Muang airport.

This should give you an idea on their aircraft:

mai-01.jpg
mai-02.jpg

I was referring to the airport in Yangon. But since you're travelling to BKK, it doesn't matter.

They don't employ Angmohs, but some of the Myanmar girls are 'mixed' so they have that angmoh look.

My many trips with MAI were pleasant to say the least. The cabin crew are the cream of the crop from Myanmar, so expect them to be courteous and cultured.

They're much better than SQ girls, period.

Last edited: