• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cho bo lan and redundant works in hdb estates

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
was at my li'l brother leetahsar's to pick him for the usual breakfast. couldn't help to notice the noise from those cement rattlers. my god! the town council there was hacking up concrete pavement ...and guess what? pasting back again the same cemented pavement.

what was that all about? LP and then PL?

we were baffled!

so if u ve such cbl or redundant works going around in your estate, pls do share.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is called upgrading, understand or not?

Otherwise, how can the construction sector be growing every quarter?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is called upgrading, understand or not?

Otherwise, how can the construction sector be growing every quarter?

they broke up the cement pavement making helluva noice, dust and inconvenience and then they pasted back the same cement.

i do not see any difference except the new cemented pavement looks lighter grey. then what's the purpose - the previous greyer cemented pavement was ok. so what's the need to go thro all this redundancy.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there used to be a very majestic and old tamarindus tree where my li'l brother leetahsar lives. that tree was no more. it was brutally chopped down. in its place, a useless skinny palm that doesn't provide much needed shade or the tamarindus fruits where assams come from.

they hv deprive the birds of one of their regular food supply :(

Last edited:

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
==
I don't mind repainting but the colour after painting is sibeh ugly.
Some estates which uses bricks look much better without re-painting. At least, it has the old charm to it. Repainting it makes it look no different from the new HDB flats. Not that I do not appreciate the town council for trying to upgrade estates, but at least allow a 'No' option.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some estates which uses bricks look much better without re-painting. At least, it has the old charm to it. Repainting it makes it look no different from the new HDB flats. Not that I do not appreciate the town council for trying to upgrade estates, but at least allow a 'No' option.

giving options create more CBL redundancy. don't forget they can rig the poll.

baey yam keng visited my li'l brother leetahsar's home one night regarding the lift upgrading for the already upgraded talking lift in his block. he mentioned in dead seriousness that the approval option fr his block was lacking. of course, it was lacking! lts' block now is mostly infested with FTs who won't wanna pay $3k for getting a level-stopping lift.

then it was polling for the LUP. the results, baey boasted - MOST APPROVED THE LUP!

kelong or not. u decide urself.

Last edited:

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
giving options create more CBL redundancy. don't forget they can rig the poll.

baey yam keng visited my li'l brother leetahsar's home one night regarding the lift upgrading for the already upgraded talking lift in his block. he mentioned in dead seriousness that the approval option fr his block was lacking. of course, it was lacking! lts' block now is mostly infested with FTs who won't wanna pay $3k for getting a level-stopping lift.

then it was polling for the LUP. the results, baey boasted - MOST APPROVED THE LUP!

kelong or not. u decide urself.

Definitely kelong. But to be fair, LUP is really needed. The repainting or mini parks are redundant.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely kelong. But to be fair, LUP is really needed. The repainting or mini parks are redundant.

upgrading on upgraded lifts? whose faults to begin with? and worsts affected residents of those blocks were compelled to pay once the polls show more YES than NO. fair or not?

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM ---> SM---> MM---> EM --->? All redundant the moment he decides to step down! HDB merely mirroring what's happening above on the fool's chain of command. Otherwise how to justify the grossly overpaid civil serpents or tax money sucking dogs as i prefer calling them.

All "Civil Servants" are dogs fed by tax payers money! If they serve with integrity & sincerity, they will be worthy of our respect, but if they are what we see now, they are just through & through dogs that has turn around to bite the hands that fed them.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
somewhere opp QUEEN'S, a pte condo at stirling road, one gets to see a very funny CROOKED PATH barricaded by shiny stainless steel. it kinda remind me of the crooked narrow road in san francisco. now u dun ve to go there to see that crooked road.

there's one in stirling rd where hardly anyone uses it. it's suppose for handicapped but the way it's being designed by the time the handicap makes his way down, it would be half a day gone. and if he;s making his way up, then it might take 2 days.

this hopeless stainless steel crooked bridge is such a waste of public fund!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
somewhere near to the bus stop, there is a really terrible eyesore fountain. it pees instead of splashes magnificently. i really mean it really PEES. the water stinks. sometimes, children play in those filthy smelly water. wonder whether they would get skin rashes or even diarrhoea if they unwittingly slurp in some of those contaminated water/

why was that stupid fountain built by chopping away shade-providing tress is anyone's guesses. the way money is wasted on stupid projects sometime makes one wonder is the town council runs by spendthrifts.

if u were to ask baey yam keng to account for it, this is what answer u shall get:

SORRY, I wasn't the mp then....so i m not sure.