• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Couple divorces over TV remote control

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
A couple applied for a divorce at a court in Beijing, China recently.

According to the man, a PhD graduate surnamed Wang, the wife had injured him in a fight over the TV remote control last year.

"I was watching a TV programme after returning from working overtime.

"A few minutes later, she snatched the remote control from me and switched to another channel. I wanted the remote control back," he said.

Thus, a fight ensued between the husband and wife, both aged 32, who got to know each other through the Internet in 2006 and got married three years later.

Then, the woman – a masters graduate surnamed Su - ran to the balcony and screamed loudly while Wang attempted to pull her back inside.

During the struggle, Wang claimed Su attacked him with a hair clip and seriously injured his right hand.

"She even gave me the cold shoulder during surgery on my hand," said Wang, who also provided the court with audio clips of his arguments with Su.

The Fangshan District People's Court granted the couple a divorce last Saturday.

Source: Jinghua Times
Published May 30 2011

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
remote control device is a symbolism of power in the house.

Fathers are the ones referred to most often as controlling the selection of TV programmes on the main family TV set, though fathers often didn't see it this way (Lull). In Morley's sample, men were far more likely to plan a evening's viewing in advance than women were. For many men the remote control device is effectively symbolic of their power of choice over programmes. Some women complain that their husbands often switch programmes without regard for whether their wives had been watching. Mothers only rarely take such unilateral action. This is a reflection of male power in the home. As one girl put it, 'Dad keeps both of the automatic controls - one on each side of his chair.'

http://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Modules/TF33120/gendertv.html

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha

Chao Chinks

Singaporeans Chinese = Chinese, no matter how they try to pretend to be something else