• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fearless to death PRC fireman saved kid using own mask in thick smoke SCDF?

merlion_CB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we expect any SCDF fireman to give up own breathing mask in the thick smoke to rescue our lives? This young fireman in PRC who is fearless and prepared to die for duty did this and saved live of child from a burning building.

A country is only great when it's people are fearless to suffer and die to archive, not because they want to enjoy and be rich.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/edu/2011-05/29/c_121470132.htm

“浓烟哥”网络走红:消防员浓烟中让出呼吸器
2011年05月29日 09:25:25  来源: 新华网 【字号 大小】【收藏】【打印】【关闭】

网上被称为“浓烟哥”的谈夏林在钦州市永福小学教小学生使用空气呼吸器(5月27日摄)。
121470132_11n.jpg

近日,一个消防员在火灾中脱下呼吸面罩救小孩的图片和视频在优酷网、土豆网、新浪网、天涯社区等网站走红,其舍己为民的壮举深深打动了网民,被网民誉为“浓烟哥”。  新华社“中国网事”记者采访获悉,被网民称作“浓烟哥”的主人公是广西钦州市消防支队钦南大队新兴中队的副指导员谈夏林。日前,在一次火灾营救被困人员的过程中,谈夏林冒着生命危险,在浓烟中摘下自己的空气呼吸器,给了手中抱着的孩子。新华社记者 李斌 摄

121470132_21n.jpg

谈夏林在浓烟中脱下空气呼吸器救小孩现场(5月22日摄)。

121470132_31n.jpg

网上被称为“浓烟哥”的谈夏林在钦州市永福小学向小学生发放消防知识宣传单(5月27日摄)。

121470132_41n.jpg

网上被称为“浓烟哥”的谈夏林在关注微博上关于自己的评论(5月27日摄)。

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think many ppl would beg to differ that china is a great country.

Only the US and western countries are great ones and to some dogs even shitland and mudland

jw5

Loyal
China is neither great nor terrible.
Due to it's size and the size of the population, it's the land of extremes.
For every hero you read about like in this thread, you will also find evil and greed of the worst proportions.
For every beautiful woman from China, there is probably also someone extraordinarily ugly.
Let's not be too overawed or shocked by who or what we get from China.

merlion_CB

Alfrescian
Loyal
A country is only great when it's people are fearless to suffer and die to archive, not because they want to enjoy and be rich.

My points are:

1. SG will only be great country if we have such people who are fearless to die to achieve for SG.
  2. Not because we stage Wayang at NDPs with billions of dollar.
  3. Not because we hired million dollar ministers.
  4. Not because they forged big GDP.
  5. SG isn't going to be great when Education Minister cooked our children up to desire Material Life; Pride; Security; Ego
  6. Some of the most fundamentally important things in this country is COMPLETELY WRONG!

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
You expect me to give up my life for someone that might be...

A) a foreign talent that steal local jobs
B) some SPG that love to suck Ang Moh cock
C) a bastard son of an SPG and foreign talent
D) some porlumpar PAP grassroots leader
E) NS shirking new citizen
F) selfish civil servant that vote PAP to secure his ricebowl

40% of population in SG are citizens of which only 40% voted opposition. That's 16% chance. In other words, 5 out of 6 people you meet on the street are likely to be in the category listed above. Want me to die for them? Zzzzz....

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
You expect me to give up my life for someone that might be...

A) a foreign talent that steal local jobs
B) some SPG that love to suck Ang Moh cock
C) a bastard son of an SPG and foreign talent
D) some porlumpar PAP grassroots leader
E) NS shirking new citizen
F) selfish civil servant that vote PAP to secure his ricebowl

40% of population in SG are citizens of which only 40% voted opposition. That's 16% chance. In other words, 5 out of 6 people you meet on the street are likely to be in the category listed above. Want me to die for them? Zzzzz....

:biggrin:May be you can be Selective to rescue lah. You can rescue opposition supporters mah. Check 1st lah. If the fucker was MIW then you ask him fly kite mah.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China is neither great nor terrible.
Due to it's size and the size of the population, it's the land of extremes.
For every hero you read about like in this thread, you will also find evil and greed of the worst proportions.
For every beautiful woman from China, there is probably also someone extraordinarily ugly.
Let's not be too overawed or shocked by who or what we get from China.

Does this apply to india and the US too?

Mind telling me why ppl are quick to critisize china and slow to praise it but it's the opposite for other countries.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin:May be you can be Selective to rescue lah. You can rescue opposition supporters mah. Check 1st lah. If the fucker was MIW then you ask him fly kite mah.

wah like this then have to ask you voted for whom? I think most ppl know when to lie or tell the truth.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am impressed by his bravery. He knew what his job entails (risk you life for others) and did well. Pretty sure he is not paid much by singapore standards but when you agree to take any job then be committed.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a retard he is. If he gives up his mask to the kid, he will not only endanger himself and also the kid. :rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do you do 1st aid like that in a smoke filled room?:rolleyes: and you still say that you are smart??? wahaha...:rolleyes::biggrin:
121470132_21n.jpg

Cheebye cab driver, u dunno first aid one right? Stick to driving cab hor. Next time adults talk, u diam diam ok? :oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
how do you do 1st aid like that in a smoke filled room?:rolleyes: and you still say that you are smart??? wahaha...:rolleyes::biggrin:
121470132_21n.jpg

U cockanathan! Everyone knows the basic rules. U save yourself and make sure u are ok yourself before u go help others. This is the same whether we are talking about lifeguard or airplane crash. Save urself first! cheebye cab driver only know where to find good food, but dunno this common sense. :rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how to do that in this kind of environment, can you teach me?:eek:

U cockanathan! Everyone knows the basic rules. U save yourself and make sure u are ok yourself before u go help others. This is the same whether we are talking about lifeguard or airplane crash. Save urself first! cheebye cab driver only know where to find good food, but dunno this common sense. :rolleyes: