• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPEAK MANDARIN is destined to be another STOP AT 2 failed campaign

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's about time the gov hears this:

STOP PROMOTING SPEAK MANDARIN

it kills all our dialect roots eventually. just like the unmindful STOP AT 2 family planning campaign, our nation now suffers from negative population growth that we need to bring in pirated copies of singaporeans who are dubious about their loyalty to the country. u never know whether they are here to rob our prosperity or the good times or really here to fight it out with us should any bad tidings occur. or would they be the first to mutiny?

a new campaign should be:

KNOW YOUR DIALECTS. USE IT, SPEAK IT WITH PRIDE!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the next generation x, y or z, it would be very rare to find one who could speak their own native dialect. most would be speaking a new dialect called MANDO-SINGLISH.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh yeah, ah bar!

where is ramseth??? cb kia owe me money never pay up,can pass me his contact?

it's about time the gov hears this:

STOP PROMOTING SPEAK MANDARIN

it kills all our dialect roots eventually. just like the unmindful STOP AT 2 family planning campaign, our nation now suffers from negative population growth that we need to bring in pirated copies of singaporeans who are dubious about their loyalty to the country. u never know whether they are here to rob our prosperity or the good times or really here to fight it out with us should any bad tidings occur. or would they be the first to mutiny?

a new campaign should be:

KNOW YOUR DIALECTS. USE IT, SPEAK IT WITH PRIDE!!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng always speak to kids at home in hokkien n singlish - they only speak mandarin in school. :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
even BAEY YAM KENG is how lian-ing about he could speak teochew ENG HWA. i always tot eng hwa is sub-tribe of hokkien n not teochew. correct me if i m wrong.

Baey Yam KengHad lunch with Chaozhou mayor organised by Ngee Ann Kongsi. At least I can converse in Teochew :smile:

19 hours ago via Selective Tweets ·LikeUnlike · .
25 people like this..
Anbang Dingguo like suan ysl leh sl dare to fight in smc u dare
19 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jeff Eng Dialect is still useful when needed especially when one need it to promote 'Guan-xi' :-)
18 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Irene Shen Never hear u speak teochew b4.... haha!
18 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Lu Hee Haha happy for u, u pick up a new dialect.
18 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.Daniel Tay Chaozhou is not a dialect
It is at Guangzhou or Guangdong
Just like hokkien
We henghwa not recognize at ICA
why
18 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.HuiCheng Koh Ngee Ann Kongsi has a nicie building with nice people....went for their photographic exhibition recently....cool!
18 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Victor Ong HENG HWA is partly hokkien?

If really want ica to list it all, HO HO HO!

18 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.Victor Ong Pu tien in kitchenet road very hot spots!

I liked the 水煎包。

Pippa Wong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khek by Birth, Canto by choice. It was Cheap trick to charm the Chinese Ed once upon a time. See the result today, halfpast six kids who are neither good at English or Mandarin.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya but at least they should be trained to cuss in their dialects. it gives the cusser such a sense of satisfaction especially when one is stressed. and it comes in very handy when they enlist in NS.

all they even learn is this 4-letter words: FXXK!

didn't they know that if they were to do it in hokkien dialects, it's more powderful, colorful and it hits at all the acupoint of the target person :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
did everyone realise that during the GE, those bloody man in white would start speaking in dialects? where was the SPEAK MANDARIN?

u listen to mah shortie tan speaks mandarin....piangz! such standard even the PRC won't get a clue to what he's speaking!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It already has. No one in the ministry dares to officially say it.

My friends who have good jobs speak english.

Cheers!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
every countries is different. each has its distinct natural flavour. take for example, HK where cantonese is the main official language. HK is still faring very well if not better than singapore. their gov just distributed HK6000 to every hk citizens. and they dun brag like ours here.

next look at taiwan. even though speaking mandarin but they never impose that everyone and kids have to speak that. hokkien still rules. it gives taiwanese a very special closeness and warmth. u can feel it naturally when u r there and speak in hokkien to the taiwanese. i was there once and spoke hokkien to one friendly beef-noodle hawkers. we got so well chatted, they treated me to their special cold tofu and some beef balls. yep! FOC!!

now look at our sgp kids. are u ashamed they can't speak a proper sentence in their natural dialect? what's going to happen to our dialectic roots? it would be eternally destroyed!!

that's a terrible sin to have committed to our dialect ancestors :(

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
that hopeless baey bragged about speaking teochew. does he dare to commit himself and voice that openly in parleement over the gradual destruction of dialects by compelling citizens to forcefully speak MANDARIN?

where's the freedom? we cannot even save our roots, how to save the country?

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Khek by Birth, Canto by choice. It was Cheap trick to charm the Chinese Ed once upon a time. See the result today, halfpast six kids who are neither good at English or Mandarin.

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. canto std in sheepishland is just shame.
3. speak mandarin thing kills!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did everyone realise that during the GE, those bloody man in white would start speaking in dialects? where was the SPEAK MANDARIN?

lianbeng says to leetahbar, "kiang tio hoe mai keh kiang!" :biggrin: "if they start speaking in mandarin those ahpek ahmm buay hiao tiah how to vote? har? lee kong simi?" :biggrin: