• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw: Young couples among my priorities

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
20110527.095148_may2711_khawboonwan_350x175.jpg

By Sujin Thomas, News Editor

Young couples, divorcees with children and low-income families are the immediate focus of National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan, who identified them in his first blog entry since taking on his new portfolio.

In his blog entry yesterday titled Trepidation and Expectation, Mr Khaw wrote: "I appreciate the anxieties they are currently experiencing."

He also stressed that the key to addressing Singapore's housing needs is to prioritise and set realistic goals for varying timeframes - short, medium, and long term.

He had begun the entry with "I am not a masochist. Housing is hot politically and there are genuine problems on the ground".

"At my MPS, 70 per cent of appeal cases are on housing. I don't think I am the only MP who harasses MND/HDB regularly."

His official blog, Housing Matters, which was launched yesterday, follows the tradition he set as health minister in using the online platform to voice his "thoughts, reflections, trade-offs and possible ideas".

He wrote: "It is meant to be interactive as I will particularly value your comments, reactions and views."

Saying that he can be "more useful" in the Ministry of National Development (MND) than in the Ministry of Health over the next five years, he spoke about the flood of feedback he has received from "hundreds" of e-mail messages, letters and messages on Facebook.

They offered him advice and suggestions and Mr Khaw said he expects to receive more.

The feedback has given him a "feel of the nature" and "the scale of the unhappiness and concerns".

While several people have "wisely advised" him "not to try to please all as that will surely fail", he said that it was not possible to please everyone as the demands are often contradictory.

Mr Khaw wrote: "For example, many waynt me to bring property prices down. Many also warn me not to bring prices down.

"I am, therefore, realistic about what is doable."

He said that he will consult widely - with experts, customers, industry players and Singaporeans - and use both online and offline communication platforms to engage groups of varying sizes.

This will also be done through closed-door forums, open forums and big or small groups.

He said: "It will be time-consuming but I am sure (it) will be enriching and educational."

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20110527-280903.html

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
It wouldnt be surprised when he suggest going to johor to buy house if it cannot cope with demands and price are still rocketing..