• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

6 Singaporeans receive int'l award for achievements (Guess which race?)

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honoree-Winners.jpg

They are Ms Yip Pin Xiu, a national Paralympic swimmer, Mr Huang Wen Hong, a Mandarin radio DJ personality, Mr Andy Khong, an assistant professor at the Nanyang Technological University, Mr Adrian Lim, Principal of Ngee Ann Secondary School, Mr Clinton Ang, a young entrepreneur, and Mr Mark Cheng, who campaigns for sustainable development. -- PHOTO: ST FILE

SIX Singaporeans were given the Junior Chamber International Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World Honouree (JCITOYP) award on Thursday, and will go on to represent Singapore in the international leg of the award.

They are Ms Yip Pin Xiu, a national Paralympic swimmer, Mr Huang Wen Hong, a Chinese radio DJ personality, Mr Andy Khong, an assistant professor at the Nanyang Technological University, Mr Adrian Lim, the principal of Ngee Ann Secondary School, Mr Clinton Ang, a young entrepreneur, and Mr Mark Cheng, a sustainable development campaigner.

The JCI TOYP is a yearly award that has been in Singapore since 1972. It honours individuals from 18 to 40 years old for their personal and professional achievements, according to 10 categories. This year, there were Honoree awardees for six categories in Singapore.

Past winners include Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports. Six others have gone on to win at the international JCI TOYP. They include pop singer Ms Ho Yeow Sun and Member of Parliament Dr Fatimah Lateef.

'This award will give the winners international recognition for their achievements, and I hope their stories will inspire other young active citizens in the community,' said Mr JC Ang Yuit, who is the JCI Singapore National President.

Mr Huang, a radio DJ from SPH's 100.3FM, was given the award under the Cultural Achievement category and credited the win to his colleagues and listeners. He is joined by fellow Singapore Press Holdings colleague Jessica Cheam from The Straits Times. Ms Cheam was awarded the Merit Award, along with 5 others.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course chinese lah. This is a obviously pretty easy to guess. It's mostly chinese that win these achievement awards and come in tops in IQ tests and other scholaristic tests but don't worry m&ds and shit skins come in tops too.

When it's raping your own relatives or beating up your wife in a drunken rage chinese don't do too well in it, poorly in fact.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... for gambling and whoring, we do quite well too.

Don't be so racist lah!!

:smile:

What racist? You mean it's racist for simply stating plain facts?

I didn't even get offended when you mentioned gambling or whoring but hey let's say i decided to follow your line of reasoning. Why you say chinese gamble and whore? Don't be so racist lah!