• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OPffer kopi money to enforcers in JB

walabis

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have ever paid or are thinking of paying 'Coffee Money' when stopped for traffic or other offences while in Malaysia, DON'T EVER Do This Again.

The Traffic Department (JPJ) has recently started a campaign to be rid of corruption. Every Officer on duty will be rewarded with RM100.00 if they report each case of bribery to the department.

This is how they do (trick you into) it. They will note down the details of your IC/MyKad, and ask you how you want to settle ('Macam mana nak selesai?')

If you indicate yes or even offer to give them any money, they will report the incident by rejecting your 'Kopi Money' and get the RM100.00 instead as an incentive for their integrity and 'Honest' publicity.

This means that you will end up having a summon issued to you and perhaps a charge for bribery.

SO DON'T PAY DUIT KOPI AGAIN, especially if you hope to go free with a lesser amount of money compared to the fine. Even if you want to pay over RM200, the JPJ Officers would rather have a 'good' name than to take your kopi money.

Just beware of their trick because the cops are now accumulating 'cookies' points for their promotion and pay increment - with your help if possible.

ryanlim

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Traffic Department (JPJ) has recently started a campaign to be rid of corruption. Every Officer on duty will be rewarded with RM100.00 if they report each case of bribery to the department.

errrrrrr........... pai sei but hor.......... this one is old news liao leh :o

and frankly speaking the campaign was a failure cos the officer(s) are still accepting "kopi money"........... :biggrin:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
errrrrrr........... pai sei but hor.......... this one is old news liao leh :o

and frankly speaking the campaign was a failure cos the officer(s) are still accepting "kopi money"........... :biggrin:

Guess money still rules or e mata ter simply dun believe e state will deliver e promise?:biggrin:

forumer

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it that easy to "cash out" the incentives earned from the govt there in the first place? Probably the reason why the enforcers prefer cash outright.. no hassle. Just like how businesses prefer cash to credit lines..:smile:

litbour

Although it is a gd way to rid of corruption but those officer who already has been taking kopi money will also see one loh...if u offer more money they will sure take one loh and let u go....

Cmdr. Shockwave

Alfrescian
Loyal
:mad:kenna sai, collect bribe or dont collect bribe , their pocket also grew!

It's a win win for the cops. All they have to do is collect the big bribes (after all who knows?) and report the small bribes to look good. Maybe they should look and study how HK did it. As I recall it was rather bad at one point.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
just read that the top two Immigration Officer and some senior officers are being called up for interviews and investigation by their ACA - Anti Corruption Agency.
so be careful during this period,those at the Checkpoints might want to score points and turn you in,if you offer them during this period.

but after the storm is over,i believe it will be back to normal and they will accept again.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
just read that the top two Immigration Officer and some senior officers are being called up for interviews and investigation by their ACA - Anti Corruption Agency.
so be careful during this period,those at the Checkpoints might want to score points and turn you in,if you offer them during this period.

but after the storm is over,i believe it will be back to normal and they will accept again.

Bro mayb can put up wat u hav read here and share.:biggrin:

sam88mas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this incident happen last week when my friend's bro-in-law who was in JB was caught when he make a U-turn over the lane 3 on the other traffic way. A TP there stopped him wanted to issue him 2 summons for 2 offences. One is failed to give signal and second after u-turn never keep to the lane. He was issued $300. My friend plead to give chance and passed him RM50. The TP asked him to surrender his passport and he called for police car to take my friend to police station.He was detained till next morning and he out on bail like RM10000. Now awaiting to be charge on court.

powerhouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this incident happen last week when my friend's bro-in-law who was in JB was caught when he make a U-turn over the lane 3 on the other traffic way. A TP there stopped him wanted to issue him 2 summons for 2 offences. One is failed to give signal and second after u-turn never keep to the lane. He was issued $300. My friend plead to give chance and passed him RM50. The TP asked him to surrender his passport and he called for police car to take my friend to police station.He was detained till next morning and he out on bail like RM10000. Now awaiting to be charge on court.

wow...well better dont bribe..scary shit..

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never offer any coffee money whilst in JB now cos every cop there now wanna angkat bodek to show that they are "clean" to cover-up any chance of a probe from their previous misdeeds. Got rewards and recognition from their bosses now u knoe :biggrin:.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never believe in paying bribe to these police.... they tell you the fine is RM 200.. but actually even if you take the ticket, the fine is only RM 100....

And if you get a local to pay for you, there is discount somemore... if not, use internet to pay, is RM 102.

I rather pay the fine then to encourage them to "tax" singaporean cars.

there was once i kenna stop at a road block.. he say i was driving at 190km/h... in my almost 20 year old civic....

I told the officer to take my car for a ride.. if he can hit 190km/h, i will settle the fine with him.... he backed off! hahahahha

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never believe in paying bribe to these police.... they tell you the fine is RM 200.. but actually even if you take the ticket, the fine is only RM 100....

And if you get a local to pay for you, there is discount somemore... if not, use internet to pay, is RM 102.

I rather pay the fine then to encourage them to "tax" singaporean cars.

there was once i kenna stop at a road block.. he say i was driving at 190km/h... in my almost 20 year old civic....

I told the officer to take my car for a ride.. if he can hit 190km/h, i will settle the fine with him.... he backed off! hahahahha

wa, u so brave dare to challenge the police there. Sekali he send u to jail :biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have ever paid or are thinking of paying 'Coffee Money' when stopped for traffic or other offences while in Malaysia, DON'T EVER Do This Again.

The word is opportunity cost. RM100 and prospect for promotion? Raise the bar. Bribe only those who look like condemned cases and bribe RM200 :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is how they do (trick you into) it. They will note down the details of your IC/MyKad, and ask you how you want to settle ('Macam mana nak selesai?')

If you indicate yes or even offer to give them any money, they will report the incident by rejecting your 'Kopi Money' and get the RM100.00 instead as an incentive for their integrity and 'Honest' publicity.

This means that you will end up having a summon issued to you and perhaps a charge for bribery.

SO DON'T PAY DUIT KOPI AGAIN, especially if you hope to go free with a lesser amount of money compared to the fine. Even if you want to pay over RM200, the JPJ Officers would rather have a 'good' name than to take your kopi money.

Just beware of their trick because the cops are now accumulating 'cookies' points for their promotion and pay increment - with your help if possible.

Siao!....they stop you for some offence its RM300, ten motorist it will be RM3,000, a day, say 25 working days that will be RM75,000 est

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can pay the saman/fine within one week there is 50% discount but no discount for speeding on holiday season like CNY/Raya/Deepavali.