• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gender equalities/inequalities in sg vs other countries.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope to get some honest opinions for you all here.

Do you guys feel that females in sg are treated like treasure in this country especially chinese females compared to the females of other countries?

I'll skip muslim countries but pick out western countries with liberal values like feminism. Western countries like england, germany and the us for eg.

Firstly this really piqued my interest when i read the thread written by bus64 going from sterling rd i guess by taxi to meet nicole in marine parade. He had to take a taxi which means he wanted to reach there fast. 2ndly his descriptions of the situtation surrouding nicole. NSP male members were standing around her protecting her. :rolleyes: Cos you know someone in the crowd might leap unto her and try and steal her. :rolleyes:

This really had me thinking. Nicole is just a female. Last i checked SG doesn't have a shortage of females unlike say China. In fact i believe there are more females in sg compared to the males. Why is it that nicole would be treated like a rock star over her other male counterparts simply cos she's a female?

Can someone answer me this question?

Also what about gender issues in relation to politics in western countries? I left out muslim countries cos i think the females are not allowed to be politicans.

Anyway back to western country female politicans. Do we have male ang moh members protecting their female politicans like nicole in sg cos there might be tiko voters.

Lastly do you think females in this country are treated like gold compared to western countries. By simply being born a chinese and a female you're somehow some valuable commodity.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Methinx it varies from female to female and their individual circumstances. Not all are treated like gold.

Among the muslim countries, the exception is Benazir Bhutto, but that's got to do with family, not personal merit. When I was visiting Pakistan during the 90s, the locals joked that PPP stands for Permanently Pregnant Prime Minister.

Cheers!