• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam, this forum really sux! Can we get back the old one?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about we all chip in and give u some donations? U can hire 1 assistant to help u manage the old forum, how about it?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about we all chip in and give u some donations? U can hire 1 assistant to help u manage the old forum, how about it?

think of it this way. this forum, u do not need to pay to upgrade membership ( i think so:confused:)

i believe they can trace the poster's IP and this would prevent SDP clones from spamming all over here and victimising people who do not agree with them.

hilarious and crazy postings should be more often share here. it's free entertainment to de-stress. if this forum proves to be lame, then gradually it would die of a natural cause.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This interface really sux big time, I really prefer the old one, it's easier to manage from users point of view. Don't know how the rest feel?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I've had enough of the old one. It was absolute crap both in terms of content and admin functions. It became of a forum where people go to express hatred rather than friendship. I have buried it for good.

Vbulletin is much better. There's a whole host of features that delphi never had.

It's easier to navigate. Community group features are available. The search function actually works. Private messaging is a breeze etc etc.

Best of all, I won't have Walt Howe barging in deleting messages/threads plus banning members without even having the courtesy of informing me what's going.

It is only natural that everything feels strange and unfamiliar. However, in time, everyone will get used to it and they'll wonder how they ever put up with delphi for so many years.

The sex forum started on the Delphi platform too. When it was closed and moved to the vbulletin platform, everyone complained and tons of wannabe Delphi sex forums sprung up from nowhere to replace the one that Delphi had shut down.

7 years on, the sex forum on vbulletin is thriving and draws 40,000 visitors every day. 3000 messages are posted daily.

I started this new forum with the hope that the mature and reasonable members who stopped posting will come out of the woodwork and give this place another go. I can only provide the canvas. It's up to you guys to paint a winner or to rip it up.

To the detractors and haters who want the Delphi forum back so they can continue to hurl their vitriol at each other, my suggestion is simply to find some other forum where they can continue in the same vein. However, please do me a favour... don't advertise the url here. I see no reason why I should be providing free publicity. If you want to advertise your new forum, do what I did and go through the hard yard of building up your own traffic. It isn't easy and it costs a lot of money. However, it can be done if the right amount of effort is put in.

If this forum succeeds, I'll invest more money into the hardware and new features to the benefit of all. If the traffic and participation rates do not reach expectations, I'll simply shut it down and terminate the hosting contract to cut my losses. I have more than enough on my hands to keep me busy these days. There is no point my investing time and effort to keep things going if the support is not there. It's up to you guys and gals to determine the fate of this little corner of cyberspace. :p

SAMURAISAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatsamatter....can't you bitch here in your usual manner about the evils of our FT policy etc?

testing.....testing....

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Interesting point. What "new features" do you have in mind?

The first thing I'll add is a chat room. There are tons of other add ons. Many are free but require server resources to run. That means adding another server to the chain.

There is a huge vbulletin community that is dedicated towards making vbulletin better. It's at http://www.vbulletin.org

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically a chat room is not an "add on".

It is a "catch up".

Thanks for your link. I'll look at it

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Technically a chat room is not an "add on".

It is a "catch up".

Thanks for your link. I'll look at it

Half the fun of running a vbulletin forum is to fiddle around with the code. With Delphi, everyone was stuck with whatever was available. They added ONE new useful feature in the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Delphi had a unique format that was quick and easy to use.

vbull might be more fun to run, but I hope you can make it as intuitive as Delphi.

Like someone said, one feature we miss is the double window navigation... It saves us alot time going back and forth when viewing different threads. Tracking thread is easier this way. Not sure if that can be implemented here...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Delphi used frames. Frames are dead. Check the user CP. That's where I navigate through all the threads I'm participating in. This is the tool I use :

(From the forum FAQ)

What are subscriptions?
Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?
To subscribe to a forum, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.
To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

What subscription modes are available?
There are a number of different forum subscription modes available.

• No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.
  • Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.
  • Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.
Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:

• Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.
How do I manage Subscriptions and Folders?
Thread subscriptions can be sorted into folders for easy management. You can create as many folders as you wish by going to 'Edit Folders' in the 'Subscribed Threads' section of your User CP. To add a new folder, enter the folder name into one of the blank boxes and save the page. To delete a folder, delete the folder name. Editing a folder is done by simply editing the folder name in the list.
You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.
Forum subscriptions are not managed through the List Subscriptions page and are shown on the User CP page where they contain the option to unsubscribe from the forum.

New Dawn

Alfrescian
Loyal

vbull might be more fun to run, but I hope you can make it as intuitive as Delphi.

Like someone said, one feature we miss is the double window navigation... It saves us alot time going back and forth when viewing different threads. Tracking thread is easier this way. Not sure if that can be implemented here...

Yes, I miss the Delphi features too!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
We do need play time here to discover new features.

For all its goods and bads, vBull will never replace Delphi.

Due to its intuitive navigation format, Delphi encourages people to post. I guess going forward, post counts will be less here...

Bonn

I think this little corner is more interesting than the sex forum. We should support this forum and give it a go. Thks. :smile:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
This interface really sux big time, I really prefer the old one, it's easier to manage from users point of view.

Don't know how the rest feel?

The old had poor navigation.
The new one is much better.

I guess why everyone prefer the old one is because you are USED to the old look and feel....everyone is resisting the changes.

but
dun change....no improvement.

:o :wink: :o

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Delphi used frames. Frames are dead. Check the user CP. That's where I navigate through all the threads I'm participating in.

Indeed.
I hate frames....screw up bookmarking and so old school....

We are now in the web2.0 and dun understand why old methods of doing
still existed.

:o :rolleyes: :o

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, 1 thing for sure, do not add power points like the sex forum in this forum pls, you will have nightmares.

And also, i think you can shorten the width of this forum, i using 20" monitor, it look damn wide with big text, i have to scroll it 1-2 paragraphs.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss, 1 thing for sure, do not add power points like the sex forum in this forum pls, you will have nightmares.

And also, i think you can shorten the width of this forum, i using 20" monitor, it look damn wide with big text, i have to scroll it 1-2 paragraphs.

I'm using "90% of browser width" setting in the stye sheet. I use a 29" monitor and my browser occupies half the screen. Can't you do the same?:confused: