• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Viet woman hanged herself

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Aug 2, 2010

Viet woman hanged herself

<!-- by line --> By Elena Chong, Court Correspondent
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --> <!-- story content : start --> A YOUNG Vietnamese student who was in a relationship with a married man took her own life by hanging herself in a cupboard after her boyfriend failed to send her school fees. Nguyen Cao Minh Ngoc, 24, had enrolled for a Master of Science in Management (Banking and Finance) course at the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) late last year.

Her boyfriend, Mr Nguyen Dang Ann, 36, an engineer, was her sponsor but she lied to her family that she was studying here on a scholarship. The total fees for the 16-month course amounted to about $25,000. Ngoc, who arrived here on Nov 4, was supposed to pay the first instalment of $14,000 by Dec 21. When reminded by the MDIS to pay, she repeatedly gave the excuse that her boyfriend would be arranging for the payment of the first instalment.

The court heard Ngoc was last seen by her room-mate, Ms Vy Vu Ho Hong Thao, 26, at Queensway Student Hostel last Dec 12, three days before her body was found. Ms Thao, who returned to Vietnam that day, told police that on Dec 11, she heard Ngoc shouting over the phone at her boyfriend asking why he had not sent the money for her fees.

Ngoc told her that her boyfriend had broken his promise to buy an air ticket for her to go back to Vietnam. Mr Ann admitted that he had delayed paying Ngoc's school fees as he was facing some financial difficulties in Vietnam. Ngoc had been dead for at least 24 to 36 hours when her body was found in a half-sitting position inside the wardrobe. State Coroner Eddy Tham recorded a verdict of suicide.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two questions:

1) What is a half-sitting position?
2) How do you hang yourself in that position?

Any Sherlock Holmes or Kindaichi wannabes out there?

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed… only logic is, some one move her, after she hang herself? did she hang herself?

Can any one correct me if I am wrong, I recall the girl came from a wealth family ?

Two questions:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Two questions:

U dun know?, S'pore state coroners can just take one glance at a body and immediately talk cock with a story that the judges always buy. e.g. Gay Loong's first wife no need to do autopsy. Can issue death cert by x-ray vision examination and telepathetic deductions.

In this case, I also wonder how u can hang youself in a cupboard? Cupboard high enough to even allow u to stand upright and allow a lenght of rope? Pole meant for hanging clothes strong enough to sustain weight of a human body? No suicide note? If she is so mad at the boyfriend until there was a shouting match, usually will have suicide letter scolding him and blaming him for the death. A lot of questions if u ask me.