• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LOL, NCC members gloating at CHC investigations

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaha, got it from a reliable sources, the NCC committees are gloating at the CHC investigations, are Christians allowed to gloat at each other? :biggrin::biggrin:

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CHC is nothing more than a front for the devil to mislead people AWAY from Christianity via his false prophet Kong Hee.

I am a Christian and I think it is about fucking time to nail Kong Hee before things get worse, especially when that false prophet blatantly exhibits how the strength of a Christian's faith is measured by how much earthly treasures a person amasses.

This is nothing more than pure deception, especially when it is clearly stated in the Bible that MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

That, in it's essence is why CHC is nothing but a product of the DEVIL'S WORK.

Hahaha, got it from a reliable sources, the NCC committees are gloating at the CHC investigations, are Christians allowed to gloat at each other? :biggrin::biggrin:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHC is nothing more than a front for the devil to mislead people AWAY from Christianity via his false prophet Kong Hee.

I am a Christian and I think it is about fucking time to nail Kong Hee before things get worse, especially when that false prophet blatantly exhibits how the strength of a Christian's faith is measured by how much earthly treasures a person amasses.

This is nothing more than pure deception, especially when it is clearly stated in the Bible that MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

That, in it's essence is why CHC is nothing but a product of the DEVIL'S WORK.

KH is the prominent one that get alot of attention and goes the same to that prince guy as well. However, there are many other mini-CHC all over the world, and i went to this one in brisbane UQ's hope ministry, same concept of deceit. young singaporean pastor shedding crocodile tear and asking students to donate to the cause of opening a new grand church building at willawong.

another singaporean pastor i met, keep talking about money and contribution. why? coz he convince the church to buy a million dollar place, and who are those in the congregation? students!!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

NCC better watch its steps as well. Having enough $ to buy a portion of Suntec is a clear sign that they have been amassing wealth.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
KH is the prominent one that get alot of attention and goes the same to that prince guy as well. However, there are many other mini-CHC all over the world, and i went to this one in brisbane UQ's hope ministry, same concept of deceit. young singaporean pastor shedding crocodile tear and asking students to donate to the cause of opening a new grand church building at willawong.

another singaporean pastor i met, keep talking about money and contribution. why? coz he convince the church to buy a million dollar place, and who are those in the congregation? students!!

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m sure a lot of Christians are gloating. Esp those leaders from traditional denominations jealous that the charismatics have members in thousands.

As a Christian I wouldn't say I am gloating. Knowing that they would get to this end and with the Father Kang case, it is because of their size that appear to represent the majority - which is bad.

(Never mind the reality that the big four CHC, NCC and FCBC and LE add together make up less than 20% of Christians in S'pore because people do not know this.)

For your info, megachurches are even mocked at in countries in US, much so in S'pore. Some American Christians call them McChurch (short for megachurch but made to sound like McDonalds).

My own experience with megachurches has been sad. In the late 80s CCC was a paramount megachurch and would have done better if it did not claim to be the only church of God. People I know there who tried to evangelise me back then had since not only left but no longer in faith.

In the end I feel that because megachurches are so often trends, the members' faith also ends up like trends - they die out after a while.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term bible belt is revealing. Its covers the redneck territory and there therefore ignorance is naturally rife. Its no different here. Note Tee Kee and those of the same ilk - the contributions lack substance in any subject. Mindless posting to no end. They just feel good doing something even rubbish.

As a Christian I wouldn't say I am gloating. Knowing that they would get to this end and with the Father Kang case, it is because of their size that appear to represent the majority - which is bad.

(Never mind the reality that the big four CHC, NCC and FCBC and LE add together make up less than 20% of Christians in S'pore because people do not know this.)

For your info, megachurches are even mocked at in countries in US, much so in S'pore. Some American Christians call them McChurch (short for megachurch but made to sound like McDonalds).

My own experience with megachurches has been sad. In the late 80s CCC was a paramount megachurch and would have done better if it did not claim to be the only church of God. People I know there who tried to evangelise me back then had since not only left but no longer in faith.

In the end I feel that because megachurches are so often trends, the members' faith also ends up like trends - they die out after a while.

R

redlightmeansgo

CHC and NCC have some history of bad blood, although no one would come out and say it outright.

My friend who attended NCC used to be persecuted by his colleagues who were, and I believe still are, CHC members. They used to corner him during lunch and made him confess his sins, as if going to NCC was tantamount to visiting the witches in Macbeth. Obviously, the teachings that influenced these sods came from the pulpit, and the incidents traumatised my friend for years after that.

I am not sure if NCC committee members are gloating about the recent turn of events. Probably they might try and stifle a smile, but that's just it. God is our vindicator, and I guess the truth will out.

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHC and NCC have some history of bad blood, although no one would come out and say it outright.

My friend who attended NCC used to be persecuted by his colleagues who were, and I believe still are, CHC members. They used to corner him during lunch and made him confess his sins, as if going to NCC was tantamount to visiting the witches in Macbeth. Obviously, the teachings that influenced these sods came from the pulpit, and the incidents traumatised my friend for years after that.

I am not sure if NCC committee members are gloating about the recent turn of events. Probably they might try and stifle a smile, but that's just it. God is our vindicator, and I guess the truth will out.

I attended CHC once. And on the only occasion, Con Hee was ridiculing what was taught in NCC.

WTF!

Why not both have them have a sexual relationship n all should be solved amicably. Heard of sexual healing:biggrin: Whoooo...love to see the sight of the Prince mounting the Con n talking doctrines.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

CHC has always been against what they think is NCC's preaching of antinomalism.

Anyway, after hearing Kong's and Prince's voices, they sound alike in a large way. Wonder why.

There's a joke saying that Kong Hee and J Prince are both of royal blood. First came Kang Xi, then his prince.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Perspective, u sure Big 4 (CHC / NCC / FCBC / LE) combined only 20% of Christians? Are you including RC as Christians? Bear in mind, recently it was reported in Christian Post Spore Ed. Methodist in Spore only 34k members, only approx 1k more than CHC !!!!!

But more importantly, I think CHC & NCC members are all the English Educated Elite prominent in professions, civil service, businessmen etc.

I know of senior Medical Consultants in Private Hospitals & senior Lawyers waxing lyrical about membership in CHC ..... amazed at the supreme irony.

Anyway, NCC no better than CHC to me.

My long time friend became a NCC member when he was once the most level-headed agnostic pragmatist I knew. After meeting up after a long break, he is spewing Biblical phrases & talking about Grace, Grace, Grace, unmerited favour blah blah blah.

'Unmerited Favour' - what a fucking seductive concept !

I believe PM Lee Hsien Loong's eldest daughter is a megachurch member as well - in the Nat Geo interview Grandpa LKY also appeared to be powerless in swaying the religious inclinations of his grandchildren !

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Perspective, u sure Big 4 (CHC / NCC / FCBC / LE) combined only 20% of Christians? Are you including RC as Christians? Bear in mind, recently it was reported in Christian Post Spore Ed. Methodist in Spore only 34k members, only approx 1k more than CHC !!!!!

But more importantly, I think CHC & NCC members are all the English Educated Elite prominent in professions, civil service, businessmen etc.

I know of senior Medical Consultants in Private Hospitals & senior Lawyers waxing lyrical about membership in CHC ..... amazed at the supreme irony.

My long time friend became a NCC member when he was once the most level-headed agnostic pragmatist I knew. After meeting up after a long break, he is spewing Biblical phrases & talking about Grace, Grace, Grace, unmerited favour blah blah blah.

'Unmerited Favour' - what a fucking seductive concept !

I believe PM Lee Hsien Loong's eldest daughter is a megachurch member as well - in the Nat Geo interview Grandpa LKY also appeared to be powerless in swaying the religious inclinations of his grandchildren !

Yes I included RC. According to stats total 15% which works out to 400,000++. CHC 30,000 + NCC 22,000 + FCBC 8,000 + LE 10,000 = 80,000++. Methodists are very established but are divided into more than 40 churches, so each cannot be called a Megachurch. A megachurch is a single church of more than 2,000 and not a "megadenomination".

CHC dislikes NCC just like how FCBC (once the biggest church in Singapore) dislikes CHC. It's all about losing to competition and losing size status. Moreover, many CHC were from FCBC and many from CHC also crossed over to NCC. They tap from same "market". Megachurch people won't like the small congregation type that I attend, not "exciting" enough.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They tap from same "market". Megachurch people won't like the small congregation type that I attend, not "exciting" enough.

Will be interesting when 2010 census on religion eventually come out.

I have always been sceptical that Buddhist/Taoist is the majority as depicted by authorities always. I mean, anecdotally & random sampling at any one time would reveal something totally different easily....

The day serenity & contemplation & devout worship are replaced by prancing, mad hatter jumping, a-gogo dancing & rock bands masquerading as basking in spiritual joy is the day when the slopes get slippery ....

then the tang-kee like shitty-shitty- baba-hooga-wonga would start ....:oIo:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another interesting tidbit in Weekend Today:-

Contemporaries remember a sandy-haired, clorinated teenage classmate who is in the RI swim & water polo teams, but Kong Hee loves to tell his flock he was 'fat, short & ugly' in his teens .....

This chap is a genius in manipulating impressions & images ....

Elim Chew remembers personal touches,
so does Nanz Chong & of course Jack Neo ....

Of course, Joe Prince has his celebrities admirers as well like Jacelyn Tay, Venetta Lopez etc

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a phenomenon that hard to explain. There is clearly a need for spiritual nourishment and it tends to arise from an impending personal dilemma such as battling cancer, financial ruin or family dysfunction etc.

I have seen prominent individuals with a solid backbone suddenly becoming avid Christians, Buddhist and even Sai Baba Devotees. The new age churches are ready to welcome members but the more established churches operate via a referral system and in one methodhist church a blackball system applies. St Ignatius within RC seem to operate on the "highest level" where the Jesuit Priests require a minimum of Master degree from established institutions and the course must be secular. The Sai Baba chaps is the least formal and do not seem doctrine bound. This one has couple of Alpha members.

My favourite of course is those that have the Tee Kee mentality - ignorant, gullible, hand over money in a regulated % manner, dress in trendy clothes, attend weekly musical fest, hero worship and know the bible by hard and a member of the cell. The closest cousins are found in Waristan where they attend madarash classes from uneducated bearded chap, gullible, dressed in tattered clothes, hero worship, know the koran by hard and eventually becomes a member of the cell.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be interesting when 2010 census on religion eventually come out.

I have always been sceptical that Buddhist/Taoist is the majority as depicted by authorities always. I mean, anecdotally & random sampling at any one time would reveal something totally different easily....

The day serenity & contemplation & devout worship are replaced by prancing, mad hatter jumping, a-gogo dancing & rock bands masquerading as basking in spiritual joy is the day when the slopes get slippery ....

then the tang-kee like shitty-shitty- baba-hooga-wonga would start ....:oIo:

I believe there will be a significant increase in Christians showing over the last decade, but not more than Buddhists/Taoists. There is a difference between a Cultural Buddhist and a Buddhist. It's just like many in the USA becoming Cultural Christians.

That's why to me as controversial as it sounds, there are only Christians and non-Christians. Many in S'pore who I came across calling themselves Buddhists do nothing "Buddhistic". I surmise they do so to fulfill a religious satisfaction (which atheists can do without) yet do not want a commitment of Sundays and one or more weekday nights. For Christians, there are bad and good ones (based on our standards) but no Cultural/sleeping ones. For some reason, people who believe in Christianity's God but are inactive from worship services are shy to call themselves Christian. All these explains the numbers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It might come to a stage where only fee or tithe paying members are considered a follower of a religion.

I believe there will be a significant increase in Christians showing over the last decade, but not more than Buddhists/Taoists. There is a difference between a Cultural Buddhist and a Buddhist. It's just like many in the USA becoming Cultural Christians.

That's why to me as controversial as it sounds, there are only Christians and non-Christians. Many in S'pore who I came across calling themselves Buddhists do nothing "Buddhistic". I surmise they do so to fulfill a religious satisfaction (which atheists can do without) yet do not want a commitment of Sundays and one or more weekday nights. For Christians, there are bad and good ones (based on our standards) but no Cultural/sleeping ones. For some reason, people who believe in Christianity's God but are inactive from worship services are shy to call themselves Christian. All these explains the numbers.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe there will be a significant increase in Christians showing over the last decade, but not more than Buddhists/Taoists. Are you sure ?
There is a difference between a Cultural Buddhist and a Buddhist. It's just like many in the USA becoming Cultural Christians.this i agree, actually westerners are culturally 'christian' by default.

That's why to me as controversial as it sounds, there are only Christians and non-Christians. Not controversial, but unfair & biased.

Many in S'pore who I came across calling themselves Buddhists do nothing "Buddhistic". I surmise they do so to fulfill a religious satisfaction (which atheists can do without) yet do not want a commitment of Sundays and one or more weekday nights. I don't speak for Muslims & Hindus. But for Buddhists, whether Therveda or Mahayana, besides New & Full Moon Prayer/Offerings, there are Sunday worship & meditation/chanting/suttra-doctrine classes as well

For Christians, there are bad and good ones (based on our standards) but no Cultural/sleeping ones. I don't understand this, on one hand you said there are cultural Christians in US, there are in Spore too ...

For some reason, people who believe in Christianity's God but are inactive from worship services are shy to call themselves Christian. All these explains the numbers. I personally am against churches who are very firm in enforcing cellgroup participation. That's really group mind control. They somehow make traditional Sunday churchgoers feel inadequate & superficial. But there are superficial Christians, whether active in cellgroup or merely living private Christian lives.