• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHC-Conning/Harvesting the innocents

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - CHC-Conning/Harvesting the innocents</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Fkapore <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>May-28 4:56 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 15) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>33796.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>city harvest- the new wolf feeding on the innocents Below is the self confessed ex- city harvest member who has kindly revealed how city harvest does their con job

• [URL="http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=46046537#post46046537"]http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=46046537#post46046537[/URL]
      idkelvin wrote:
      no matter wad everyone here said, there will always be fresh blood for CHC. i been there at around 13 yrs old.. and was completely drained by 15. and best part is after i left, all the "brothers and sisters" that you knew would delete your number and forget who the heck are you. they can give u free tuition and everything when u are inside. and once you are out. they wun remember your name.
      they work systematically.. everyone go in as fresh blood.. then work ur wae up to usher that you have to dress up every weekend like a waiter.. then to cell group leader and dress up even more like a property agent or inssurance agent.. and work ur wae up to executive.. of coz.. all these are non paying job.. and u have to pay them.. more commitment for you as well.. i not sure if it work the same for all other church.. but this is the first i been to.. and im sick of it enuff already.. most of the teaching are about giving money and u will get wad u wan for return.. or bring ur family and friend.. and make u commit to bringing at least 1 or 2 friends nexk week. dun worri, the senior will help you do the "PR" and "close the sales" and ensure "repeat sales" for you. of coz once their cell group get too big, they will be promote as well.. like division manager lor..
      i even heard from friends that they are urge to buy Sun Ho new cd.. when launch, i gt a friend that actually bough 20 cd and give out. i ask him why buy so much he said he is supporting his church.. im sad to hear such things.. she even perform in the church or during events.. i wonder wad happen to the ten
      "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."
      "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me."
      "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name."
      i wonder do they really read their bible or do they understand wad the church is teaching and promoting.
      you are giving but you are getting more stress to find mre people to give in return.. please do not harm your family and friends if you love them.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Readers,

By going to church wouldn't make a Christian just like going to a concert hall wouldn't make you a singer. Last week CNBC televised a program called the American Greed and it was about a pharmacist who diluted drugs and sold to unsuspected patients. He amassed over US 19 million out of this wicked scheme. What surprises many (but not me actually) is that this man is supposed to be 'man of God.' He held position in church, he sang for the church choir and above all, he even pledged US1 million to his church building fund. For the crime, his is now serving 30 years in person.

I have just posted a message on this. If you want to read more, go to the blog here under: Discussion about Religion and go to the thread: Today's Scripture Reading.

Have a great and blessed week-end.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is that other idiots in a church that allows these things to happen. There will always be crooks and charlatans everywhere, but it is the church and its misguided congregation that allows such people to to get away with it.

Just look at the new age churches. You don't pay the tithes and you know what happens. Go to the old established churches and you don't have to pay a cent. When they collect donations, there is a cloth over the box, so no one knows if it $1 or $1,000.

Just look at Mingyi and Kong Hee. Both RI boys, both started their own movements. Both ended with properties and materials goods and the idiots in the congregation still have no clue.

As long as one single sin has been committed by exploiting others or misleading others in a church or religious organisation, that sin will fall on the whole congregation. Quoting some american case is not going to absolve you. Look at Rock and Harvest and you can see that Insurance agents and salemen tend to provide the leadership. You wonder why.

Take a look at Calvary Charismatic whose angmo boss will every now and then make police report that the weekly donations have been stolen. And he had to service to 2 jaguars.

You should not quote psalms until you save every youngster from exploitation.

Dear Readers,

By going to church wouldn't make a Christian just like going to a concert hall wouldn't make you a singer. Last week CNBC televised a program called the American Greed and it was about a pharmacist who diluted drugs and sold to unsuspected patients. He amassed over US 19 million out of this wicked scheme. What surprises many (but not me actually) is that this man is supposed to be 'man of God.' He held position in church, he sang for the church choir and above all, he even pledged US1 million to his church building fund. For the crime, his is now serving 30 years in person.

I have just posted a message on this. If you want to read more, go to the blog here under: Discussion about Religion and go to the thread: Today's Scripture Reading.

Have a great and blessed week-end.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a very self-contradictory thing, religion. Jesus and Budhha had forsaken all material comforts, lived simply out there in the wild with bare essentials for the sake of preaching (i.e. by themselves practising what they preached). However, their latter-day followers built huge monumental palatial buildings in their names. Today, I daresay, Christianity and Buddhism have nothing to do with Jesus or Buddha. Just like Allen & Gledhill or Drew & Napier have nothing to do with Allen, Gledhill, Drew or Napier anymore.

Lord Imperious

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just another social club under the guise of religion. Humans are social creatures and such organisation fulfill their needs. Some are in it for company, others in it for personal gain (power, influence), entertainment but more importantly a sense of belonging. This is why these churches are so popular.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that Kong has his occupation listed as a businessman in his business card is self explanatory.

It's a very self-contradictory thing, religion. Jesus and Budhha had forsaken all material comforts, lived simply out there in the wild with bare essentials for the sake of preaching (i.e. by themselves practising what they preached). However, their latter-day followers built huge monumental palatial buildings in their names. Today, I daresay, Christianity and Buddhism have nothing to do with Jesus or Buddha. Just like Allen & Gledhill or Drew & Napier have nothing to do with Allen, Gledhill, Drew or Napier anymore.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually, those that promote themselves and want to be known as man of god are he one you really must sit up and be aware of, just like some people who always wear white and promote corruption free but turn around and sign his owe pay cheque.

People go to religious places for all sorts of selfish reasons
To get Connections for their business
To get to know opposite sex
To get visibility as a "Godly person"
To get a place in God's good book just in case he is real
The list goes on.

Of course there are good people who will give and help other fellow humans but usually that also come with a condition and motive to convert them over the their faith.

So which ever way you look at it, God's name is a free Brand Name worth billions and any one can make use of it for free, how well you do is up to your marketing skills.

Just be nice to 1 fellow human, a stranger, help him with no condition and string attached, if we can do that, you don't need to look for God.

It's just another social club under the guise of religion. Humans are social creatures and such organisation fulfill their needs. Some are in it for company, others in it for personal gain (power, influence), entertainment but more importantly a sense of belonging. This is why these churches are so popular.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that Kong has his occupation listed as a businessman in his business card is self explanatory.
" Hi ! I am Kong Hee, I am a businessman ...
oh, I am in the God Business - #1 biz to be in,
low capital, heaven-high returns (my catch phrase is 30/60/100 fold returns) .... :cool:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The FAPee Traitors call it 'social enterprise'.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
take this scenario for example;

i register a business org as a church, use the biz org to secure a loan and buy a building, then get all the "carrots" to get more "carrots" to donate to the org on a weekly basis to pay off the loan...

guess who own the building?

and who is paying off the loan BUT don't own anything?

the lot at CHC and NCC had been conned big time.

jw5

Loyal
I think that by and large, most of the people know. But they have no problem because it helps them to justify their own shortcomings, particularly the love, desire and quest for materialism.
I know very little about christianity and the bible, but I do know one thing. Expect those who purport to "spread the word" or "lead the flock" to follow Jesus' way. They can't go far wrong if they do. If they don't, something is not right.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at the new age churches. You don't pay the tithes and you know what happens. Go to the old established churches and you don't have to pay a cent. When they collect donations, there is a cloth over the box, so no one knows if it $1 or $1,000.

Not only that, it is a practice to wrap palms around offerings before putting into the bag. And there is no "peer pressure".

Megachurches often turn out to be merely trends, so the faith of the goers also fizzle out like trends.

The writer is also attention seeking. Just because people didn't call him, that meant a lot.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me share my thoughts with you all, God is more humble than you and me.

If you read the bible, when God brought his people out of Egypt, where did He lived?

God lived in a humble tent built by the instruction from Him.

God never asked his people to built a magnificent temple or church for Him to lived in. It is the people that wanted to built a big and grand church for Him.

And sometimes I wonder whether the pastor or pastors that wanted to built a big and expensive church is to show off to others or is it really to built it for God???

I am really in doubts at times.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea, he's managing God's investments..remember the joke about the Jews= who surprised all when he pledged all his savings to Yahweh. This was what he said as he threw all his money, gold, and possessions skywards:

Here, here take everything I own, I pledge to you all those that reach you and I'll take whatever's left that fall back to earth.

" Hi ! I am Kong Hee, I am a businessman ...
oh, I am in the God Business - #1 biz to be in,
low capital, heaven-high returns (my catch phrase is 30/60/100 fold returns) .... :cool:

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
surely those church goers at thinking adults. wouldn't they be able to see for themselves what's happening?

or are they that blinded?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
They think they can pay their way trough to Heaven?

Sinkies are probably bored and had nothing worthwhile to do during Sundays. The men are too afriad to tell their wives how to behave and had to used a 3rd party (the pastor) who had to used the bible to say it for them.

They should had been able to see it from the huge number of HDB dwellers who are attending in public transport and their Pastor who is is staying in huge houses and driving huge cars and travelling everywhere in the world using their church money.

surely those church goers at thinking adults. wouldn't they be able to see for themselves what's happening?

or are they that blinded?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

the world has evolved alot and so is human flaws.

people these days are more FOR THEMSELVES (self-centred) than FOR OTHERS (self-serviced).

GOD's love or BUDDHA'S compassion is for ALL. but the executors - monks and pastors - abuse that and exploit it to benefit mainly THEMSELVES first and if there are spare, then benefitting others.

jesus was born humble - THE SON OF GOD - a humble human reborn to wash the feet of his disciples.

BUDDHA was born a noble prince. he could have inherited an entire kingdom but he forsoke that to seek ENLIGHTENMENT and spreading compassion.

neither were heard involving amassing great wealth cos to them the "absolute wealth" would be the one called LOVE & COMPASSION.

as the evolution continues, human flaws surface and turn GOD'S words and BUDDHA'S teaching to their advantages, thus enriching from it NOT wisdom but insatiable GREED & IGNORANCE.

whatever it is, reap what u sow. emptiness is form...and form is emptiness. what they see as forms of riches would eventually be as empty as vacuum.