• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie interest rate up because of inefficiency n low productivity

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am factoring in a 50 basis point rate hike by Xmas 2009. If I think about the further economic factors, I think it boils down to our inefficiency.

I only work 40 hours a week, back home by 4pm. How does that cost the economy? Higher interest rates!!!

Do I want to pay less interests for the kind of efficiency of overworked and hectic Singapore? Perhaps not.

There has to be a cost for our relaxed lifestyle.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am factoring in a 50 basis point rate hike by Xmas 2009. If I think about the further economic factors, I think it boils down to our inefficiency.

I only work 40 hours a week, back home by 4pm. How does that cost the economy? Higher interest rates!!!

Do I want to pay less interests for the kind of efficiency of overworked and hectic Singapore? Perhaps not.

Uh, no. That would be inflation.

But this time if they do rise by 50 points I will actually think its a good thing for your inflation prospects both goods and wagewise.

And we all know by the traffic jams and dual income 50 hour workweeks your pressures will raise with the rates

Enjoy your higher prices and stress :biggrin::biggrin:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I was in Sydney I used to work average 12 hours a day leh, sometimes even Saturdays. Whether hectic or not, I guess it depends on the job that you do. But I agree with you. Majority of the Aussies are in fact lazy.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes.. there is a price to pay for the "Happy and Relax" lifestyle.. I work 38hrs per week.. I spend 1/4 of the time for work.. remaining for sleep, family and play.. Despite being broke, we have a good family life.. I am doing my DIY renov.. servicing my own car.. and cleaning my gutters.. The interest rate is going to aggravate the matter.. but we are happy :smile:

Hopefully I can retire from my job by 40-50 yo and start doing sometime else.. Perhaps to Mongolia to be an English teacher :smile: or try nude painting.. heehee..

I have to thank SG for the above.. SG is great ! but Australia is better.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin::biggrin:
Yes.. there is a price to pay for the "Happy and Relax" lifestyle.. I work 38hrs per week.. I spend 1/4 of the time for work.. remaining for sleep, family and play.. Despite being broke, we have a good family life.. I am doing my DIY renov.. servicing my own car.. and cleaning my gutters.. The interest rate is going to aggravate the matter.. but we are happy :smile:

Hopefully I can retire from my job by 40-50 yo and start doing sometime else.. Perhaps to Mongolia to be an English teacher :smile: or try nude painting.. heehee..

Sounds like you are staring at cieling fan and too dizzy from high tax rate there. Also now that you live in white man's racist land you must be sitting around thinking, what now?

Now we know something is missing from your existence outside of your homeland, which you secretly miss.

No wonder all of you eventually return to your SG. It makes sense now. Especially those who went to Australia

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you work for the WA govt, you get 37.5 hr week and 3 months long service leave after 7 years long service. Good luck to those public servants under WA Liberal. Liberal will introduce workplace agreement, work 38 hrs, 3 months long service after 10 years and remove the 2 public service holidays.

But nobody seems to take notice.

Everyone in their comfort zone.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in Sydney I used to work average 12 hours a day leh, sometimes even Saturdays. Whether hectic or not, I guess it depends on the job that you do. But I agree with you. Majority of the Aussies are in fact lazy.

We terms those people bogans. You will find plenty of them in Perth.
Basically, what is there for us in this remote corner of the planet, other then
- let the plants grow up themselves and export them to Asia. Anyway, most of the prices are set on long-term contracts.
- dig the ground for minerals.
- smoke the university lecture rooms and pass all the international students.
- play golf or watch the ceiling fan spinning, then wait for the rent income to drop on your laps every week.

Once in a while, Perth gets clever . like creating a new strain of superior wheat for the Japanese premium soba market.

Imperialarse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uh, no. That would be inflation.

But this time if they do rise by 50 points I will actually think its a good thing for your inflation prospects both goods and wagewise.

And we all know by the traffic jams and dual income 50 hour workweeks your pressures will raise with the rates

Enjoy your higher prices and stress :biggrin::biggrin:

You forgot dual income. Nowdays take 2 income to tahan in Oz.