• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queensland - Next Boom !!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queensland's population hits 4,444,444
AAP October 20, 2009, 7:53 am

There are now 4,444,444 Queenslanders.

The number was reached at about 4.44am (AEST) on Tuesday morning.

While many Chinese consider four to be an unlucky number, not so Queensland's chief numbers man, Treasurer Andrew Fraser.

"Our population increased by a record 112,666 people, or 2.6 per cent, over the 12 months to 31 March," Mr Fraser said.

"That's an average of 2,167 new residents each week - the second highest growth rate of all states and territories and higher than Australia's overall growth rate."

He said the population figure was calculated by the Office of Economic and Statistical Research population counter, and was based on the state's average population growth rate of one new arrival every four minutes and 33 seconds, and would have been reached at about 4.45am.

Overseas migration makes up almost half the increase, births account for 36 per cent and interstate migration 18 per cent.

"In the past two decades we've seen our population grow at an annual rate of 2.3 per cent, which is almost double that of the rest of Australia," Mr Fraser said.

He said the population growth has clear implications for the government's record $18.2 billion infrastructure program.

"While it's not surprising that Queensland is such a popular choice for overseas and interstate migrants in particular, our growing population does place considerable pressure on jobs, services and infrastructure," Mr Fraser said.

Queensland's population is expected to reach five million in 2016, six million in 2028, seven million in 2042 and eight million in 2057.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
4,444,444 , what a number.

Now compare that 4 million people in red dot and the vast open spaces of Queensland.

I don't blame people for wanting to come to Australia.

Queensland may even be good for those who don't like freezing cold temperatures. :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought we had another thread discussing how racist "Queenslander" are, and job opportunity in Queensland is pretty bad as well for migrants? I suppose when Queensland becomes more urbanised, multicultural like Sydney, Melbourne these problem will disappear. :biggrin:

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's still racist.

but you don't need to live in QLD to invest there.

as for jobs it depends on what field you are in. for IT definitely not. QLD might have more engineering jobs due to the rapid building of infrastructure.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought we had another thread discussing how racist "Queenslander" are, and job opportunity in Queensland is pretty bad as well for migrants? I suppose when Queensland becomes more urbanised, multicultural like Sydney, Melbourne these problem will disappear. :biggrin:

"Growth" and "Emotions" always expel when they come together.. You dont need to stay or be part of the process when ya investing. I enjoyed myself when I was in Brisbane..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
4,444,444 , what a number.

Now compare that 4 million people in red dot and the vast open spaces of Queensland.

I don't blame people for wanting to come to Australia.

Queensland may even be good for those who don't like freezing cold temperatures. :biggrin:

Given me a CHOICE.. I dont blame myself living in a place, full of space..

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nah, the mindsets of the people are difficult to change, just like how advanced China or india is, the behaviours of the people at the ground still have not changed much. I don't see Queesland will change much in the next 20 years or so even with the increased populations, it is still a popular tourist destination and property investment though.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given me a CHOICE.. I dont blame myself living in a place, full of space..

FYI, its already reaching 5 million ppl in Sg, gov plan is to increase by another 2 million in the next decade or so, to match the population size of HK.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, its already reaching 5 million ppl in Sg, gov plan is to increase by another 2 million in the next decade or so, to match the population size of HK.

Can fit meh? I remember when I was in Primary school my teacher used to say Singapore can only fit 4million realistically. I suppose they have reclaimed more land since then.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm.. by then.. we'll see 35% Sporean.. and 65% foreigners.. it is going to be ugly.. unless.... the govt welcome us back and accept our terms.. hehehe, otherwise, no one left to defend the country ! Btw, HK accepts its citizens to return and offer a China/UK passport if they reside in HK for more than 7yrs.. Errr.. back in 1997 info..

Soon SG will follow..:smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm.. by then.. we'll see 35% Sporean.. and 65% foreigners.. it is going to be ugly.. unless.... the govt welcome us back and accept our terms.. hehehe, otherwise, no one left to defend the country ! Btw, HK accepts its citizens to return and offer a China/UK passport if they reside in HK for more than 7yrs.. Errr.. back in 1997 info..

Soon SG will follow..:smile:

Not sure if this is still true or not, but some HKer holds up to 5 passport, HK,UK,US,Canada,Australia. Think this was practiced by some of the richer HKer before 97 where there was a couple of scepticism and paranoia back then.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if this is still true or not, but some HKer holds up to 5 passport, HK,UK,US,Canada,Australia. Think this was practiced by some of the richer HKer before 97 where there was a couple of scepticism and paranoia back then.

I think it is quite common to hold 3, HK, UK (those with the right to abode), Canada or Australia.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think I'll go up there for a holiday and look at the Bikini meter maids. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How about the Gold Coast girls? Any Jap chicks? :biggrin:

I am surprised that the banana benders are still racist. So far, the ones who came here are fine. They give me the respect.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the Gold Coast girls? Any Jap chicks? :biggrin:

I am surprised that the banana benders are still racist. So far, the ones who came here are fine. They give me the respect.

Yah forgotten about that. Din someone mention something about buying ice-cream for them and getting laid later? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I suppose the ones that left the state are open minded enough to leave the state to look for work elsewhere. I've also met a Queenslander here, he is a nice chap, even married an Indian here. Kind of surprised when IWC and fishbuff mentioned they are still racist up there.:confused:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah forgotten about that. Din someone mention something about buying ice-cream for them and getting laid later? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I suppose the ones that left the state are open minded enough to leave the state to look for work elsewhere. I've also met a Queenslander here, he is a nice chap, even married an Indian here. Kind of surprised when IWC and fishbuff mentioned they are still racist up there.:confused:

correction.. 3 years actually.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

White Aussies are funny people. They love yellow chicks and ignore their white chicks - trash.