• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

List of Emmigration Subject Matter Experts

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are couple of chaps that have been gracious enough to provide insight, valuable guidance and their experience as they moved to greener pastures. I thought it might be a good idea to raise issues that might be helped out by these chaps. They have shown their helpfulness on many occasions when issues were raised.

Neddy - Perth/OZ

Charlie 9 - Toronto / Canada

Kiwibird - Christchurch / New Zealand

Littlefish - New Zealand

ExSingaporean - Edmonton / Canada

Scroobal - OZ/UK/US/

Leongsam - NZ/OZ/UK

Aussieprick - US

There many others who have moved and who have posted helpful views such as IWC2006, Ash007, ManBearPig 62 etc. There are others like Trout and Profiro that have worked and studied overseas and can throw valuable adice as well.

(Please add on names of experts if I have missed any) More from the States and UK are required.

Couple of guidlelines
- do your basic research first on PR requirements before raising an issue. These can be easily accessed at the various countries immigration websites which are detailed to a high degree
- don't PM until the offer is made. Post your question here so that others too can learn and those who have the relevant expereience can chip in.
- post a short background like if you are a single, family, mid career, business opportunities etc. Nothing personal required at all.
- the best things to ask are those soft and qualitative questions such as mindset, challenges, impact of oneself and family, tips on relocating, acquiring property, school enrollment, meeting up with people, sinking roots etc
- also in the mix are liability issues such as NS, renunciation procedures, selling HDB property, CPF withdrawal matters and citizenship issues
- not forget mundane stuff like good food outlets for chicken rice, laksa if they are available at the locale.

Don't be upset if the responses are slow and limited. They tend to pick as the subject matter experts come on line after attending to travel or on more important businesses.

I have taken the great liberty of listing these forummers as they have been shown to very helpful in the past. Don't blame them but me if no reponse is forthcoming.

The listing will also help to narrow down the forummer that can throw light on your destination when you do a search against the same to find out things that have been covered in the past.

None of us profess to know everything and can be right all the time. But we are prepared to share our experiences. The final decision has to be made by you based on a set of infromation that you think are accurate and right.

Last edited by a moderator:

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees so different from Pinoys and Pinays. Sinkees do research and ask questions first. Pinoys and Pinays just pack their bags and go and work first and then demand their PR rights. As I said before,go to the media with 'sob stories' Read the Oct 11 edition
www.edmontonjournal.com 'abandoned workers' rally....
www.edmontonsun.com 'exploited' workers rally....
Looks like those who are fed with rice gruel are tougher and smarter than those who are well fed with chicken rice, bah kut teh and char kueh teow

Couple of guidlelines
- do your basic research first on PR requirements before raising an issue. These can be easily accessed at the various countries immigration websites which are detailed to a high degree
- don't PM until the offer is made. Post your question here so that others too can learn and those who have the relevant expereience can chip in.
- post a short background like if you are a single, family, mid career, business opportunities etc. Nothing personal required at all.
- the best things to ask are those soft and qualitative questions such as mindset, challenges, impact of oneself and family, tips on relocating, acquiring property, school enrollment, meeting up with people, sinking roots etc
- also in the mix are liability issues such as NS, renunciation procedures, selling HDB property, CPF withdrawal matters and citizenship issues
- not forget mundane stuff like good food outlets for chicken rice, laksa if they are available at the locale.

Don't be upset if the responses are slow and limited. They tend to pick as the subject matter experts come on line after attending to travel or on more important businesses.

I have taken the great liberty of listing these forummers as they have been shown to very helpful in the past. Don't blame them but me if no reponse is forthcoming.

The listing will also help to narrow down the forummer that can throw light on your destination when you do a search against the same to find out things that have been covered in the past.

None of us profess to know everything and can be right all the time. But we are prepared to share our experiences. The final decision has to be made by you based on a set of infromation that you think are accurate and right.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees so different from Pinoys and Pinays. Sinkees do research and ask questions first. Pinoys and Pinays just pack their bags and go and work first and then demand their PR rights. As I said before,go to the media with 'sob stories' Read the Oct 11 edition
Looks like those who are fed with rice gruel are tougher and smarter than those who are well fed with chicken rice, bah kut teh and char kueh teow

Sinkies are finding reasons to deter them from moving ahead, whereas the others will find loopholes/ways to fulfill their goals.

One is finding/digging problems, the other is resolving problems... It is not diff to know who will succeed in life.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Filipino and Filipina have absolutely nothing to lose. Anywhere is better than Philippines; no jobs, no future but alot of natural calamities.

Sinkees need a nanny govt. to plan and think for them; most can't
make it outside of Sinkapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Philippines is a dysfunctional state. Its makes sense to pack up and go. The same applies to many 3rd world countries, where you don't need much of a brain to decide.

Many singaporeans do research to decide which of the advanced countries that would best suit them. Why sell your self short when you can take your pick.

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are finding reasons to deter them from moving ahead, whereas the others will find loopholes/ways to fulfill their goals.

One is finding/digging problems, the other is resolving problems... It is not diff to know who will succeed in life.

There are many ways to get Canada PR, the Federal Skill Worker route is of getting the PR is just one of the ways.

I run a employment agency that bring in Filipino Foreign workers from all over the world. They come here - work in Tim Hortons for 9 months submit their application for Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme (ANIP) under Employer sponsership. 6-8 months later received approval and 12-18 months they will received the PR. In total, it takes them around 2 years to process their paper work.

The Korean/Chinese/Indian are even more sophicated. They get their whole village to transfer the assets to 1 family. When this family is approved and landed, they recycled this $$ and do it again for the next family. The 1st family will be safe house for the rest.

If you are willing to be a farmer, you dont even need the $$.

The Migration Agent in Singapore - only know a few pattern..

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many ways to get Canada PR

Canada is too cold. Alberta is even worse, not to mention the prairies.

And in the summer, it is too hot. That's why people die from heat wave there. Nobody died from the heat in Singapore hehehe

The best countries to migrate to is the mediteranean countries where they have the best weather in the whole world :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many ways to get Canada PR, the Federal Skill Worker route is of getting the PR is just one of the ways.

I run a employment agency that bring in Filipino Foreign workers from all over the world. They come here - work in Tim Hortons for 9 months submit their application for Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme (ANIP) under Employer sponsership. 6-8 months later received approval and 12-18 months they will received the PR. In total, it takes them around 2 years to process their paper work.

The Korean/Chinese/Indian are even more sophicated. They get their whole village to transfer the assets to 1 family. When this family is approved and landed, they recycled this $$ and do it again for the next family. The 1st family will be safe house for the rest.

If you are willing to be a farmer, you dont even need the $$.

The Migration Agent in Singapore - only know a few pattern..

I spoken to a few sinkies.. they looked at the requirements, then looked into their circumstances, finally concluded bad luck.. they gave up.

There are ways to work around the requirements, even proper appeal process or Tribunal. Those ppl you highlighted above will work around the rules to achieve their goals.. I often seen many Indias/UK migrants tailored their resumes to get jobs..

As for sinkies, they prefer to sit there, and wait.. it is sad.. But serve them right, they dont deserve in this survival series.. perhaps the spoon-feeding SG environment is suitable for them.. We shldn't encourage the weak to jump.. it will cause their life !

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best countries to migrate to is the mediteranean countries where they have the best weather in the whole world :biggrin:

I was thinking of that route too.
Which country would you recommend?
Is it easier to migrate there than Canada or Oz?
I am sick of the little red dot :(

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was thinking of that route too.
Which country would you recommend?
Is it easier to migrate there than Canada or Oz?
I am sick of the little red dot :(

Perth, Australia has a mediteranean climate.

You get great Italian and Greek food here - excellent olive oil, truffles, wood-fired pizzas and Spanish tapas & paellas.

The things missing are probably the siesta, the mad drivers (we come close), the dangerous looking grandmamas, the 3-wheelers and the Italian/Greek/Spanish godfathers. (again, we have the Sicilian godfathers and the Labbie bikies) .

The things you will not miss are the British tourists (Perth is Little POMmie) and their whineings.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perth, Australia has a mediteranean climate.

You get great Italian and Greek food here - excellent olive oil, truffles, wood-fired pizzas and Spanish tapas & paellas.

The things missing are probably the siesta, the mad drivers (we come close), the dangerous looking grandmamas, the 3-wheelers and the Italian/Greek/Spanish godfathers. (again, we have the Sicilian godfathers and the Labbie bikies) .

The things you will not miss are the British tourists (Perth is Little POMmie) and their whineings.

Try Melbourne as well. Climate maybe different, but it has the largest community of Greeks outside Greece.

http://askville.amazon.com/city-largest-Greek-population-world-Greece/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=1651071

And you have the Italian/Greek/Spanish godfathers there to boot as well. Including bikkies. :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_gangland_killings

Climate is going to colder though.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to "Global Warming"?:rolleyes:

More accurately, it should be global climate change. Average rise in sea temperature could lead to more extreme weather patterns like Typhoon, Hurricanes. Certain parts would have droughts while others will experience higher rainfall. :p

Wah.. ya promoting Melbourne eh ?
Are you in Melbourne or Sydney?

Melbourne not bad lah, mei mei there easier to chase. I'm single, can move around easily. One full tank on my car would reach Melbourne. Sydney girls in general very stuck up 1. I'm based in Sydney, but the thread was referring to Mediterranean food/people. So I said Melbourne loh. :biggrin:

hochiminhcity

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know how to emigrate to vietnam.
what is the requirement,I am thinking of going to HCMC, age 53years old.
Have only a diploma in marketing, no other qualification.
Please advice bro,