• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World's Best School / Schools

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who want the best for their kids.

Which school is member of G20 and has the following in its alumni
3 nobel prize winners
42 Rhodes Scholars
1 astronaut
2 Victoria Cross Winners

By the G20 is group of 20 best schools around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G20_Schools

This school is so elitist and keeps a rather low profile that no one has heard of it but is well known amongs the movers and shakers of the world. I only came to know of it by fluke.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

3 nobel prize winners
42 Rhodes Scholars
1 astronaut
2 Victoria Cross Winners

This school is so elitist and keeps a rather low profile that no one has heard of it but is well known amongs the movers and shakers of the world. I only came to know of it by fluke.

The ones in Sydney have such a long enrolment queue that parents are known to register their kids right after birth. :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

3 nobel prize winners
42 Rhodes Scholars
1 astronaut
2 Victoria Cross Winners

Thanks for your info..
Mel Grammar and Scotch College require an annual fee about $25,000..
($150,000 from yr7 - yr12) a big blow to my pocket.. Nonetheless, it is worth.. if he can get a Nobel Prize.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal

3 nobel prize winners
42 Rhodes Scholars
1 astronaut
2 Victoria Cross Winners

wow... this is interesting info, thanks! Now I wonder what makes the schools tick?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The school in question is St Peters College in Adelaide. While on a wine tour with a couple of characters some months ago, I saw a well known Singaporean and his wife at particular vineyard with their son.

Caught up with him in Singapore and heard that his son schools in this particular institution. I asked why sleepy Adelaide and why this particular school. I also told him that I have never heard of this school.

He told me that no other school has achieved academic success as well other notable achievements on a per capita than this school. I asked him about schools in Melbourne and Sydney and I was curtly told they could not match this school - 3 Nobel laurettes and current IB scores.

He told me that this school carries a very low profile, does not advertise and was built to look after the kids of rich cattle barons and farmers who own large tracts of land. When I told him, aren't the rich folks in Sydney and Melbourne, he said those that are listed in the rich list are those who own shares in public listed companies. He said that largest landowner in OZ is the family of Sydney Kidman which is a private entity. Apparently until last year, Rupert Murdoch News Limited HQ was in Adelaide and not NY and the AGM was held in Adelaide all these years.

Asked him if he there any Singapore politicians' kids there. He told me no as they a black ball voting system. Also told me that the school alumni office is in London - heart of the financial industry.

Imagine, after all these years listening to people who migrated to OZ, no one mentioned this school. I have been to Adelaide and its looks like its the most secretive city in the world.

wow... this is interesting info, thanks! Now I wonder what makes the schools tick?

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... By the G20 is group of 20 best schools around the world.

This school is so elitist and keeps a rather low profile that no one has heard of it ...
but wif tis fr wikipedia ...

Other members

New members include schools in Singapore.
very soon ... trumpets wil sound ... n ze chant of world crass, world bestest, world lumpar 1 wil b heard all over ze dot ...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The school in question is St Peters College in Adelaide. While on a wine tour with a couple of characters some months ago, I saw a well known Singaporean and his wife at particular vineyard with their son.

Caught up with him in Singapore and heard that his son schools in this particular institution. I asked why sleepy Adelaide and why this particular school. I also told him that I have never heard of this school.

He told me that no other school has achieved academic success as well other notable achievements on a per capita than this school. I asked him about schools in Melbourne and Sydney and I was curtly told they could not match this school - 3 Nobel laurettes and current IB scores.

He told me that this school carries a very low profile, does not advertise and was built to look after the kids of rich cattle barons and farmers who own large tracts of land. When I told him, aren't the rich folks in Sydney and Melbourne, he said those that are listed in the rich list are those who own shares in public listed companies. He said that largest landowner in OZ is the family of Sydney Kidman which is a private entity. Apparently until last year, Rupert Murdoch News Limited HQ was in Adelaide and not NY and the AGM was held in Adelaide all these years.

Asked him if he there any Singapore politicians' kids there. He told me no as they a black ball voting system. Also told me that the school alumni office is in London - heart of the financial industry.

Imagine, after all these years listening to people who migrated to OZ, no one mentioned this school. I have been to Adelaide and its looks like its the most secretive city in the world.

Excellent information.
The Old Money tradition still carries on ... pastoral power that quietly rival the eastern gold diggers & dealers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wikipedia did not form the G20 of best schools. You can find details about Nobel Prize among other things in Wikipedia but it does not mean the Nobel Prize is associated with it.

Despite Wikipedia carrying alot of erroneous and false information, the good part is that it throws out information about influential people and groups that like to remain secretive and elitist.

One must have the intelligence to see the wheat from the chaff.

but wif tis fr wikipedia ...

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wiki did mention about some Singapore schools that are now part of the G20 group. Any idea which schools they are?

Wikipedia did not form the G20 of best schools. You can find details about Nobel Prize among other things in Wikipedia but it does not mean the Nobel Prize is associated with it.

Despite Wikipedia carrying alot of erroneous and false information, the good part is that it throws out information about influential people and groups that like to remain secretive and elitist.

One must have the intelligence to see the wheat from the chaff.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your info..
Mel Grammar and Scotch College require an annual fee about $25,000..
($150,000 from yr7 - yr12) a big blow to my pocket.. Nonetheless, it is worth.. if he can get a Nobel Prize.

Save you money lah

Oz not known for good quality education

That one is UK, Europe or USA

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea. Its an elitist outfit and quite secretive group as I understand it. There must be many are in the mix clamouring for admission so I guess Singaporeans are doing the same. It doubt it will go past 20.

I can sense that IB is quite central to the mix. Sevenoaks in UK is the lead school in this.

Wiki did mention about some Singapore schools that are now part of the G20 group. Any idea which schools they are?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ignorance is not an excuse. Though in the main good education is more readily available in the UK, US and Europe, explain how one school delivered 3 nobel laureates, 42 Rhodes Scholars and 2 VC winners.

Can you name any other school with this kind of achievements. Nothing subjective about it.

Peasants are exactly that - ignorant and the well schooled tend to keep their valuable knowledge to themselves.

One must learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Save you money lah

Oz not known for good quality education

That one is UK, Europe or USA