• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Govt Asks PPl Not To Stop Giving

JediSkull

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah liew...... i read the news i get angry!!!! :mad: everytime i go those important function. I only see businessmen donating while civil service ppl sit there and watch show....... I get fed up....... civil servants are highly paid but they are bred by the very govt to be selfish. perhaps I'm being abit unfair to say this coz there'r funds set up by lee foundation. but i see most contributions still coming from the general public........

I always abhor the sight of seeing children taking donation cans asking for donations from public. I was a scout! we freaking do work in exchange for donations! we can get these kids to wash plates or do other manual labour jobs in exchange for donations..... not only is it more productive its also good to inculcate the values of working for money. INSTEAD OF TAKING CANS AND LOOK LIKE BEGGING FOR MONEY! :(:mad:

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The inflation is kicking in, many are tightening their pocket strings, more careful in their expenditures. When times are low, people try hard as they can to have savings to tide over the storm. If the civil sector & garmen can't lift a finger to buffer the situation, then who can?

They claim that many sgporeans are still happily donating via sms & calls during the fund raising campaigns aired on TV, but they forget its the insanity driven fans who're calling in on account of their fav celebrity idol. The parents are the ones who suffer when the phone bill arrives at the end of the month.

unicando

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah liew...... i read the news i get angry!!!! :mad: everytime i go those important function. I only see businessmen donating while civil service ppl sit there and watch show....... I get fed up....... civil servants are highly paid but they are bred by the very govt to be selfish. perhaps I'm being abit unfair to say this coz there'r funds set up by lee foundation. but i see most contributions still coming from the general public........

I always abhor the sight of seeing children taking donation cans asking for donations from public. I was a scout! we freaking do work in exchange for donations! we can get these kids to wash plates or do other manual labour jobs in exchange for donations..... not only is it more productive its also good to inculcate the values of working for money. INSTEAD OF TAKING CANS AND LOOK LIKE BEGGING FOR MONEY! :(:mad:

understad but dun angry leh...what think there are guidelines for those doing charity donation box/can. anyway public can give any amount, 10cent or $10 up to the public lar :smile:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
so that when we donate,the govt will come out less (giving to those charities) and they can have bigger bonuses lor.

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
so that when we donate,the govt will come out less (giving to those charities) and they can have bigger bonuses lor.

What utter rubbish! We donate so that govt can appoint more of their cronies to the board of these charities and plunder them! :biggrin: Please refer to NKF :wink: Notice how they are always encouraging the people to give while they themselves take. :rolleyes:

jacker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Nice Topic.
I read about it also few days ago, Just wondering is he allowing Singaporean to go out and ask for donation cause seem more and more people are asking for donation especially after Friday Prayer alot of young kid,mum,grandmother and old man. seem like in good health, Asking for donation. down the road all able body, health and strong man will be lazy to work. cause Singapore is donation country.