• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSMan Exit permit & deferment

plec140

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Senior Bros,

I have received my Ozzie PR and heading there in July 2009 (tickets booked, house rental lined up).

I went to www.ns.sg , but unable to apply exit permit.
Also I have Low key ICT in Aug 2009 , for which my deferment is rejected.

My question is how do I proceed from here .In case if I have to come back ever.
Or just heck care and don't ever come back to Singapore cos this bureaucratic hurdles are annoying

Thanks

P.S The old Delphi sammyboy , is where I get a lot valueable information from which I used for my PR application

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How about just telling MINDEF that you're emigrating and will be away for a long long time. :wink:

Give them a call today and tell us what the response is.

Hi Senior Bros,

I have received my Ozzie PR and heading there in July 2009 (tickets booked, house rental lined up).

Or just heck care and don't ever come back to Singapore cos this bureaucratic hurdles are annoying

Thanks

P.S The old Delphi sammyboy , is where I get a lot valueable information from which I used for my PR application

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Senior Bros,

Thanks

Getting PR overseas is no guarantee against ICT and reservist callup. Chabut to Ozz and get a perm job quickly. On that basis, your grounds are stronger. State that as reason,and dont tell them you have got PR. Once you get deferred once, twice, you can ask for disruption. Gte yr employer to back you up.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Senior Bros,

Thanks

NOT ADVISABLE to go against or not play according to SG LAWS, it creates further problems for yourself, you become AWOL and a fugitive for life even after you obtain foreign citizenship. CAN NEVER visit SINGAPORE even as a tourist.

Don't forget that your CPF is still in SINGAPORE and if you are on MINDEF's wanted list, your renunciation of SG citizenship to withdraw your CPF may become PROBLEMATIC if ICA rejects your renunciation of SG citizenship.

I have never encountered the problem of having my exit permit rejected at all (I have never applied online)

It was so simple (>18 yrs ago), Just a photocopy of the overseas PR permit on the SG passport with the application form (REASON for exit permit- OVERSEAS PR). I lodge the application at the TAMPINES SAFRA exit permit office.

No waiting, no crowds and a 1 year exit permit was granted on the spot. When I was overseas, I just posted my application with the photocopy of my overseas PR permit on my SG PASSPORT every year and received a 1 yr extension each time.

Finallly, I renounced my SG citizenship after obtaining a NZ Passport, No further need to have anymore dealings with MINDEF.

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Senior Bros,

Thanks

Just apply for deferment from your unit. Without the deferment, the exit permit cannot be processed.

The same thing happened to me years ago.

Write to your commanding officer and provide a copy of your PR visa. Tell him that you are leaving (attach photocopy of your airticket) no matter what and that you will require a deferment. Once your deferment is approved, you will be able to apply for an exit permit. Give the reason as taking up foreign PR.

In my case, the CO sat on it for months, and I left Singapore without an exit permit. But I left with copies of all my applications for exit permit and deferment made before the departure date. I had a paper trail to make it clear that the CO was the cause of the delay. I finally got my deferment 3 months after leaving Singapore.

Good luck to you and all the best in your new life.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its no different to seeking an exit permit when you are posted overseas or employed overseas except with slight variation.

Just call and tell them you are migrating. They give you an exit permit and deferment upon production of PR details. They may also request you find send particulars of employment once you get it. All can be done in a day.

However, every 2 years, send for renewal.

Thousands of Singaporeans have migrated since NS was implemented in 1967. This is the easiest hurdle to clear.

Always keep your options open.

Hi Senior Bros,

Thanks