• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Milliken & Craig hv ur private bank info?

Do u agree that Milliken & Craig should hv Customer's private details?

• Total voters

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a close friend of mine was assisting in an audit on a bank, I was quietly told that for bad debts, the bank actually outsource it to a debt collection company. This company is Milliken & Craig. What I was told next came as a shock to me.

It was revealed that the staff of Milliken & Craig has access to such info:

1. Your bank account details
2. Your name
3. Your I/C number
4. Your date of birth
5. Your Occupation
6. Your present and Past Employer
7. Your home Address
8. Your Company Address
9. Your email, if you had given to the bank
10. Your Mobile and Home Phone Numbers

Info are freely given to Milliken & Craig in order for this debt collection company to do its job.

I would like to query if the bank has breached the Banking and Secrecy Act and if MAS has endorsed such debt collection practice. If so, isn't the customers' privacy breached in any way? :(

Last edited:

Vigilante911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Milliken & Craig (s) Ptd Ltd is a very small company at Bugis Village.
I would wonder if it can really ensure the trust that it can ensure info
given to it by the banks will be kept confidential.

In fact, under MAS guidelines, forward outsource of core functions should
be disallowed.

Collecting outstanding debts should be core to the bank's functions as it
is revenue generation. Not sure how the banks manage to convince MAS
that it is not a core function.

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loan papers? Since when would a customer allow the bank to divulge his private info to a third party. Not that I know of from the many years I deal with the banks. Where did you get this knowledge from? I have the Banking Secrecy Act right in front of me and it doesn't say so.