• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thio Su Mien Bizzarre Behaviour at RTC Press Conference

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently Dr Thio lost the plot during the RTC press conference and began a spiel about her life, her achievements, her roles in various organisation etc.

Those present thought she had been co-opted into ex-co at the last minute. She is not even in the ex-co. Very bizarre.

Even more interesting is the talk going around that event organisers are keen to have both Josie and Su Mien as guest speakers to boost attendence. It has nothing to do with substance but pure entertainment.

One only has to look at Josie's CV on the AWARE website to know how far she is detached from AWARE. Let me know if anyone finds anything remotely associated with social and civc endevours or an intention towards it. Note the comment about holding high end parties.

[COLOR="_______"]Josie Lau - President

Josie, 48, is a working career mother, with two daughters aged 17 & 15. She is married to a doctor who is in private practice. She is most concerned about work-life balance and the role of mothers as a stablising factor in a family.

She is the Vice President & Head, Marketing, Cards & Unsecured Loans, Consumer Banking Group, DBS Bank Ltd.

She is responsible for driving retail usage on the credit/debit cards, through partnerships with retail merchants for offers and privileges for its base of > 1million card members. She was previously responsible for the premium segment of customers, and she launched the Treasures Amex Black Elite Card for DBS Treasures Priority Customers. To further engage this group of high net-worth customers, she regularly helped organise high-end parties/dinners/activities, such as fashion shows, private preview sales and Gala Shows such as The Phantom of the Opera.

Prior to joining the bank in 2004, she was with the Singapore Tourism Board for over 15 years, largely in the area of Events Marketing of Lifestyle Events. She was instrumental in developing iconic tourism events such as the Singapore Food Festival, Great Singapore Sale, World Gourmet Summit, etc. She wrote the blue print for the staging of Singapore Fashion Festival, with the key objective of making Singapore the window to the world’s latest in fashion trends for the region.

She co-chaired organising committees with key industry representatives such as Dr Jannie Tay, Mr Tang Wee Sung and other government officials from IE Singapore, Spring Singapopre etc.[/COLOR]

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judging from her CV, we shld be having AWARE high teas with fashion shows soon, featuring lao kauybus bitching at one another :biggrin:

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently Dr Thio lost the plot during the RTC press conference and began a spiel about her life, her achievements, her roles in various organisation etc.

Those present thought she had been co-opted into ex-co at the last minute. She is not even in the ex-co. Very bizarre.

Even more interesting is the talk going around that event organisers are keen to have both Josie and Su Mien as guest speakers to boost attendence. It has nothing to do with substance but pure entertainment.

One only has to look at Josie's CV on the AWARE website to know how far she is detached from AWARE. Let me know if anyone finds anything remotely associated with social and civc endevours or an intention towards it. Note the comment about holding high end parties.

[COLOR="_______"]Josie Lau - President

Josie, 48, is a working career mother, with two daughters aged 17 & 15. She is married to a doctor who is in private practice. She is most concerned about work-life balance and the role of mothers as a stablising factor in a family.

She is the Vice President & Head, Marketing, Cards & Unsecured Loans, Consumer Banking Group, DBS Bank Ltd.

She is responsible for driving retail usage on the credit/debit cards, through partnerships with retail merchants for offers and privileges for its base of > 1million card members. She was previously responsible for the premium segment of customers, and she launched the Treasures Amex Black Elite Card for DBS Treasures Priority Customers. To further engage this group of high net-worth customers, she regularly helped organise high-end parties/dinners/activities, such as fashion shows, private preview sales and Gala Shows such as The Phantom of the Opera.

Prior to joining the bank in 2004, she was with the Singapore Tourism Board for over 15 years, largely in the area of Events Marketing of Lifestyle Events. She was instrumental in developing iconic tourism events such as the Singapore Food Festival, Great Singapore Sale, World Gourmet Summit, etc. She wrote the blue print for the staging of Singapore Fashion Festival, with the key objective of making Singapore the window to the world’s latest in fashion trends for the region.

She co-chaired organising committees with key industry representatives such as Dr Jannie Tay, Mr Tang Wee Sung and other government officials from IE Singapore, Spring Singapopre etc.[/COLOR]

She is an entertainer alright. Thio's very own personal puppet.

Their takeover debacle was a failure due to poor preparation. The Coup reference is most apt as the xtian militia are about as competent as military personnel in running an organization or a country.

Overthrowing rulers and gaining seats of power are far easier than retaining them.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is that they will make a mess out of the who thing.

One good thing though, now everyone in Singapore is aware of Aware. So at least she still live up to her name in marketing.

However it is a different story when trying to promote herself. Same tactic is adopted from Christians during Roman time, creating stories to make sure that they are the receiving end of a tragedy, kena scolded, nearly lose their job, threaten letter. Yet when you study their behaviour towards "fellow" members, it is more on hostility, removing of opponents (through isolation and sacking ). Who could really believe that they are the victim? They are more like the agressor to me. Not happy with what others do, create a coup and replace the people with their own!

I think the Gays and lesbians should not go to Hong Lim but head towards Church of Our Savior at Margaret Drive.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I nearly choked when I read about the purported threats. One which was sent to AWARE Jenica Chua and errr Alan Chin mentioned in the same breath that he was a " masculine gay" and a member of a " militant jihadist sleeper cell" the only thing that the stupid writer did not claim was membership of a Neo Nazi Right Wing group.

Shades of Arifin and the 377A debate, All Arifin said was that he was younger and he believed in the cause of liberalization of society and that he believe section 377a would be repealed and that he would live to see it and that when his homosexuality was accepted he would dance and piss on Thio Li Ann's grave seeing as in all probability he would outlive her. That became a police report and a " death threat"

Sorry but I am not buying this death "threat" one bit.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on her resume, she should have staged a coup at Makansutra.

Agree.. I was surprised that she put that on the AWARE website. It has absolutely no link to her role as President of AWARE.

DBS guys tell me that she only the marketing head of the Card Business and does not run the card business.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I nearly choked when I read about the purported threats. One which was sent to AWARE Jenica Chua and errr Alan Chin mentioned in the same breath that he was a " masculine gay" and a member of a " militant jihadist sleeper cell" the only thing that the stupid writer did not claim was membership of a Neo Nazi Right Wing group.

Shades of Arifin and the 377A debate, All Arifin said was that he was younger and he believed in the cause of liberalization of society and that he believe section 377a would be repealed and that he would live to see it and that when his homosexuality was accepted he would dance and piss on Thio Li Ann's grave seeing as in all probability he would outlive her. That became a police report and a " death threat"

Locke

I believe it is Alfian Saat.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

One good thing though, now everyone in Singapore is aware of Aware. So at least she still live up to her name in marketing.

However it is a different story when trying to promote herself. Same tactic is adopted from Christians during Roman time, creating stories to make sure that they are the receiving end of a tragedy, kena scolded, nearly lose their job, threaten letter. Yet when you study their behaviour towards "fellow" members, it is more on hostility, removing of opponents (through isolation and sacking ). Who could really believe that they are the victim? They are more like the agressor to me. Not happy with what others do, create a coup and replace the people with their own!

I think the Gays and lesbians should not go to Hong Lim but head towards Church of Our Savior at Margaret Drive.

I am shocked by the content of the emails and their version of Minister Mentor who described herself aptly as "feminist mentor"

Someone present there said that Thio sr spoke to World Bank, Asian Development bank and then Josie being with DBS, it sounded like a press conference about banks and bulllets.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note Josie 2 comments which are poles apart. The first comment was to the press after her meeting DBS bosses.

She was also touched by the “outpouring of support and the well-wishes from colleagues and members of the public”, said Ms Lim.“People were giving her the thumbs-up all the time. So that encouraged her a lot.”

This is her second comment at RTC Press Conference a few days later.

But that has not happened. I’ll tell you so far I’ve only been appointed President for about a week & I’ve only been an exco member for about 3 weeks. But to date I’ve only been met with hostility, intimidation.

I felt so bullied I tell you. I will tell you what’s happening. My family received death threats and it’s now a police case. Each day I fear for the physical safety of my children, my family. There’s even a blog site detailing my children’s names and which school they go to. I don’t understand what has sparked this irrational fear of us, the new exco members, and what hatred. If you’re a parent you will understand how I feel.

It will probably take a few more days for her to realise why Thio Su Mien sent her to the front. Also explains why Thio sent her ex-colleague from NUS to be interviewed by Balji and Deb Soon.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's been the same old story. Trying to impose one's personal values on other people or group of people, using an association as vehicle, disguised as trying to do good, and the perpetrator actually believes that's good, when nothing is clear is neutral clear-minded as good or evil. Why do some people can't stand other people doing something personal and harmless to others and considered harmless by those who participate with consent? Resort to using personal power and societal influence to stop others or ostracize or even criminalize others? Intolerance and urgue to impose oneself's definition of self-righteousness on others may well the be the de facto biggest hunmanity crime and mental illness.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are seeking sympathy but like you no one a with sane mind will buy it.

Interestingly looks like Thio Su Mien have encountered her daughter receiving "death threats" decide to send a sucker to the front. She must be one dumb fuck.

Dear Scroobal

Locke

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

margaret drive teetu cavern closed liao. anyone know shifted where? ozzie gaypastor got damn super chiobu daughter!

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note Josie 2 comments which are poles apart. The first comment was to the press after her meeting DBS bosses.

She was also touched by the “outpouring of support and the well-wishes from colleagues and members of the public”, said Ms Lim.“People were giving her the thumbs-up all the time. So that encouraged her a lot.”

This is her second comment at RTC Press Conference a few days later.

But that has not happened. I’ll tell you so far I’ve only been appointed President for about a week & I’ve only been an exco member for about 3 weeks. But to date I’ve only been met with hostility, intimidation.

I felt so bullied I tell you. I will tell you what’s happening. My family received death threats and it’s now a police case. Each day I fear for the physical safety of my children, my family. There’s even a blog site detailing my children’s names and which school they go to. I don’t understand what has sparked this irrational fear of us, the new exco members, and what hatred. If you’re a parent you will understand how I feel.

It will probably take a few more days for her to realise why Thio Su Mien sent her to the front. Also explains why Thio sent her ex-colleague from NUS to be interviewed by Balji and Deb Soon.

Don't forget, during the CNA interview, she claimed that the new exco feel that AWARE has become too diversified in their interests and hence they want to consolidate them; Yesterday at the RTC press conference, they claim that AWARE has become a single issue (i.e. lesbian) organization!

So does AWARE have too many or only one issue of interest?!

Some people are incapable of telling the truth.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.. I was surprised that she put that on the AWARE website. It has absolutely no link to her role as President of AWARE.

DBS guys tell me that she only the marketing head of the Card Business and does not run the card business.

That's right, she is only a mid tier manager since VPs are a dime a dozen in banks. There are several managers like Josie in DBS who take their religion very seriously. What I find disturbing is how some of these people like to bring their religion into the office. I have personally witnessed the kind of pressure their juniors are put under to conform ie. join in their religious activities. Something I never encountered in my years in the UK (a Christian nation no less).

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new exco said AWARE had become a single purpose organisation overly concerned with promoting lesbianism.

They repeatedly raised examples, like how the old guard had backed a lesbian film screening in 2007 and organised a lesbian—friendly Mother’s Day event in 2006. And they wanted to bring the association back to what they say is its original noble cause.

1 Lebsian themed screening in 2007 & 1 lebsian friendly mother's day in 2006 = single purpose promoting lebsianism?

Lawyer huh? Banker huh? Professionals?

Siao Cha Bo

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right, she is only a mid tier manager since VPs are a dime a dozen in banks. There are several managers like Josie in DBS who take their religion very seriously. What I find disturbing is how some of these people like to bring their religion into the office. I have personally witnessed the kind of pressure their juniors are put under to conform ie. join in their religious activities. Something I never encountered in my years in the UK (a Christian nation no less).

Gays are even worse! These genetically different people will only support their kind.