• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Creation Church raises $19m in 24 hrs

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_348208.html

Church raises $19m in 24 hrs

newcreation-integratedhub.jpg

New Creation Church raised a whopping $19 million for the construction of its new premises at Buona Vista. -- PHOTO: ROCK PRODUCTIONS, CAPITALAND

NEW Creation Church raised a whopping $19 million for the construction of its new premises at Buona Vista - in less than 24 hours.
In a show of support, a record number of 22,000 people turned up for services at the Rock Auditorium at Suntec City Mall three weeks ago.

The donations were collected over four services on Feb 15.

In comparison, amonth-long charity drive by NTUC Income, Project Love, raised about $375,000.

Following the success of its fund-raiser, the New Creation Church announced the amount it raised to its members on Feb 22. However, when contacted, the church declined to comment.

New Creation Church-goer Angelique Lee, 26, a full-time student, said her donation was a form of thanksgiving and appreciation 'for all that God has blessed me with'.

'Attending church has helped to transform my life and make me a better person over time,' she explained.

Graduate student Huang Wei Hsuan, 26, who is not a member of the church, felt that part of the funds could be used to 'help those who are really in need, instead of being fully used to construct a new building'.

'Is it really a good idea to build a new building now? Should the church members be advised to keep more for rainy days?' he asked.

But many others who are not from the church were heartened by the congregation's generosity.

'I feel it's incredible that such kindness, empathy and generosity can be shown in such bad economic times,' said Mr Shawn Chin, 24, a civil servant. -- MYPAPER

They gave from their hearts
THEY came, they listened and they contributed. The 22,000-strong congregation rallied when their senior pastor, Pastor Joseph Prince, 45, asked them for help in funding the construction of their premises in the Integrated Hub, during a special service held on Feb 15.
Located at Vista Xchange at one-north in Buona Vista, the hub is scheduled for completion by mid-2012.

The nine-storey civic and cultural plaza in the complex, developed by Rock Productions - the commercial-development arm of New Creation Church - will house a 5,000-seat auditorium.

Members of New Creation Church told my paper that there was 'no coercion involved', and it was 'entirely up to individual members' to give.

'The money was collected through an invitation to anyone who wanted to give,' said

Mr Dylan Loh, 24, an undergraduate from National University of Singapore.

'In fact, Pastor Prince mentioned that if we didn't feel the need or desire to give, we shouldn't give, and it would have been perfectly fine,' he added.

Explaining how the church managed to raise $19 million in one day, civil servant Goh Ying Ying, 26, said: 'People...gave out of the abundance of their hearts because they believed they will get something back.'

Mr Loh agreed, saying: 'It was based purely on the generosity of the congregation and their own willingness to give.'

Marketing manager Flora Lim, 23, who was not from the church, said: 'Considering we're in the midst of a recession, they are still willing to give so much. (But) it's their church and the people are willing to give their own money, so I don't see any problems with it.'

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those 'Christians' who think they can contribute millions during church services and buy their way into Heaven and continue with all the wrongs, you are all so wrong...

God looks at ones' heart, never his deeds and results...

:cool:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those 'Christians' who think they can contribute millions during church services and buy their way into Heaven and continue with all the wrongs, you are all so wrong...

God looks at ones' heart, never his deeds and results...

:cool:

Agree with you fully.

I have known so-called "pious" people behaving worst than animals !!

johnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I feel it's incredible that such kindness, empathy and generosity can be shown in such bad economic times,' said Mr Shawn Chin, 24, a civil servant. -- MYPAPER

Whoever said this must be on drugs. What kindness, empathy and generosity is shown here? Nothing!! Was someone given kindness? None!! Was someone shown empathy? Nope!! Was there a display of generosity? Nope!!

What rubbish is the writer saying here then? Better get his brain examined.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
a similiar case study that pop up in my mind:
idiots that kenna "black magic" while seeking fun in thailand. give the thai girl everything

wolfbeng

a lot of reverse psycology, don give if you don wan to ha! nowaday its all in the packaging. who wan to go to a church with no aircon...

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bladdy idiot CCB christian bastard.......... who will gain at the end of the day? Pastor himself, counting money at the backyard.................

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like they are following the footpath of the infamous shittyharvest..
big money big money!

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEW Creation Church raised a whopping $19 million for the construction of its new premises at Buona Vista - in less than 24 hours.

This should be the envy of other churches who have a hard time raising building funds :(

oklor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The money should be used to help the poor and homeless!
What is the church trying to proof by building such an extravagent building???

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
the CHC believes that ,,,,,,,,,,,,

the poor you will always have,,,,
but for an inspirational preacher like JP,,,,, well,,,,,, there was no one before him and there is no one coming after him,,,,

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you know if you want to join and help them in other ways like usher or wat fuck. they say u must tithe. if u tell them you no job. they say cannot help you but u still must tuthe in pai kia style tone. chao chee bye. I almost beat the fucker with long hair who told me in cold manner.

knn witch craft bastard will have their day. think can con ppl. alot of really poor ppl ask for their help they reject alot and only fuck the pretty girls.