• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyclists getting out of hand...

punter888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I got an unpleasant encounter about a cyclist cycling torwards the flow of the traffic in sims drive area.Damn got to swerve to the outer lane to avoid banging the fellow.From what I see those cycling for work they are those mostly got NO SENSE OF CONSIDERATION for other road user where else those who is doing this for sport will follow the rules with all their gears comply.Haiz...what a day for me :mad:

So far I seen
1: using zebra crossing
2: beating red lights
3: Squeeze thru cars machiam motorbike
4: Cycling opp direction
5: cycling at middle lane

Wonder if those cisco so siao on catching cars on bus lane and parking offences why don't they do something about this?

Last edited:

5yahidah.

Today I got an unpleasant encounter about a cyclist cycling torwards the flow of the traffic in sims drive area.Damn got to swerve to the outer lane to avoid banging the fellow.From what I see those cycling for work they are those mostly got NO SENSE OF CONSIDERATION for other road user where else those who is doing this for sport will follow the rules with all their gears comply.Haiz...what a day for me :mad:

So far I seen

Wonder if those cisco so siao on catching cars on bus lane and parking offences why don't they do something about this?
I'll get irritated when cyclists bell like siao2. What i know i'll not turn and give way.
They should better cycle on the grass instead. HMPH!

global25

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclist are like drivers, some follow the rules, some don't.

I am a driver and leisure cyclist.

Cycling is dangerous in Singapore and won't change unless there is a drastic change in our attitude towards safety. Be it drivers, cyclist and law makers.

There should be more educations on cyclist/drivers to allow both to co-exist.

qwerty

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far I seen

dun swerve. its dangerous.... either drive as close to them as possible or stop dead in your tracks and force them to move to the pavements

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun swerve. its dangerous.... either drive as close to them as possible or stop dead in your tracks and force them to move to the pavements

Ya, mai siam... more dangerous... I agree with qwerty... drive as close to them as possible and force them to siam...... show them WHO is the BOSS on the road... :biggrin::biggrin:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, mai siam... more dangerous... I agree with qwerty... drive as close to them as possible and force them to siam...... show them WHO is the BOSS on the road... :biggrin::biggrin:

all cyclist must pay road tax and ERP....these measures will ensure the smooth flowing of our roads.....

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

mai like that leh.i cycle to work everyday.but i comply to the rules leh.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait till you see this Ang Moh riding his bicycle along PIE (to city) before the Paya Lebar exit around peak hour in the evening. what a twit.

it is legal to ride bicycle along PIE meh???If yes, i also want leh.... more faster to my work place.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always amazed n amused when I see cyclist in Singapore.
The locals/expats are usually dressed in latex spandex high tech/high fashion gears on expensive high tech bikes with
every knid of bell n whistle they can buy including LED/Strobe headlights...and their bikes and bodies are covered with all manner of reflectors.

Then the Chinaman/woman cyclist: Dress code..working clothes /working uniform and are
usually astride the sorriest state bikes..women yend to favour BMX knock offs. Rusty,dirty, cheap but
most of all : There is NOT one reflector on either bike or person..likewise they dont have any headlights.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
it is legal to ride bicycle along PIE meh???If yes, i also want leh.... more faster to my work place.

best to keep off the expressway on a bicycle and risk posing yourself as a danger to both yourself & others. last noted, it's illegal.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
China has the highest cycling population in the world! Look what happened what they get richer?
From Cycling now they drive cars, they jammed & Polute the road, they consumed so much fossil fuel, the Arabs
are laughing to the Bank, the Arabs increase the price of crude oil. Everyone in World suffer, cos the world
economic inflation!!

So tell me is Cycling is good or Bad? Driving cars cost pollution and make u sick inhale fume,
make the damn Arab world richer every day!

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
China has the highest cycling population in the world! Look what happened what they get richer?
From Cycling now they drive cars, they jammed & Polute the road, they consumed so much fossil fuel, the Arabs
are laughing to the Bank, the Arabs increase the price of crude oil. Everyone in World suffer, cos the world
economic inflation!!

So tell me is Cycling is good or Bad? Driving cars cost pollution and make u sick inhale fume,
make the damn Arab world richer every day!

Should be Communist China not China!!! Don't forget to add the word Communist to the current China!!! Real China still exist in Taiwan now.

[video=youtube;Ts372Vu2qY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts372Vu2qY4&list=FL3sZEvtm3Gb2F8tHN8zymWQ&index=177[/video]

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they are the kings and queens on the road...in the parks, in the pedestrain paths...everywhere...they are cyclist gangs!!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Although the administrators and moderators of Sam's Alfresco Coffee will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Sam's Alfresco Coffee, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Sam's Alfresco Coffee reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.