• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anti Asian Hanson Running for Parliament in Australia in 2009

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now maybe you twits will keep out of my beautiful Australia...........

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gfO5hXTjYqai1p76chLffUi837fQ

Australian anti-Asian campaigner Hanson runs for parliament

3 days ago

SYDNEY (AFP) — Far-right Australian politician Pauline Hanson, who sparked outrage with a campaign against Asian immigration, has announced she would run for a state parliament seat in elections next month.

The former member of the federal parliament and leader of the One Nation party said she would contest the Gold Coast hinterland seat of Beaudesert in the March 21 Queensland state election.

But Hanson would give no further details, saying she would make a formal announcement of her candidacy next week, the national AAP news agency reported.

"I'm not saying anything until Monday," she said.

The former fish and chip shop owner was elected to the lower house of the federal parliament in 1996 and in her maiden speech warned that Australia was in danger of being swamped by Asians.

Hanson's racial views drew international criticism but her One Nation party briefly enjoyed strong support in Australia on issues such as immigration and trade protectionism before she lost her seat in 1998.

She was briefly jailed in 2003 for fraudently spending electoral funds before the judgement was overturned.

In 2007 she ran for a seat in the federal senate and switched her target from Asians to Muslims, calling for an end to Islamic immigration to protect "Australian culture".

Hanson also complained that African immigrants spread disease. But she was soundly defeated in the election, which she contested on behalf of Pauline's United Australia Party.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is Australia for you........

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...-lincoln-hanson/2009/03/02/1235842304736.html

I'm like Abraham Lincoln: Hanson
Daniel Hurst | March 2, 2009

Pauline Hanson has compared herself with former US president Abraham Lincoln at the official launch of her election campaign in the state seat of Beaudesert today.

The outspoken former One Nation leader hit back at suggestions she was a "professional candidate" who was simply running for office to gain an electoral funding windfall.

"I'd say would you consider that Abraham Lincoln was also a professional candidate?" Ms Hanson asked journalists at the Boonah Community Centre.

"I'd suggest you go and have a look at the number of times Abraham Lincoln stood for Parliament - to stand up for what you believe in."

In officially announcing her candidacy today, Ms Hanson said she was speaking up on the issues people believed in but the electoral system and major political parties were biased against her.

She said she had attracted 36 per cent of the vote when she stood for the federal seat of Blair but the Liberals, who received only 21 per cent of support, went on to win the contest after preferences.

Ms Hanson, a polarising figure who spent time in jail for electoral fraud before being acquitted, said she was determined to stop any attempt to privatise Queensland's water infrastructure and said she would not direct preferences to either party.

She was clapped by a small group of supporters at the end of her media conference with one person stopping to ask her about her position on fluoridation.

She said fluoride should not have been forced on residents without a referendum.

"It does have a huge impact on our infants, on our little ones," she said.

"The people weren't asked, it was just forced on us."

Ms Hanson declined to reveal details of a "confidential" deal to tell her story to a woman's magazine.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh my oh my Australia

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...anson-whips-up-her-fear-campaign/1448554.aspx

Hanson whips up her fear campaign
3/03/2009 8:41:00 AM
No one should be surprised that Pauline Hanson has entered the political race, again. Commentators have noted the onset of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression is the perfect setting for the former One Nation leader to preach her brand of populism.

Dear me ... Pauline is out to make more money.
The QLD polls, as colorful as ever.

title.jpg

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for telling the truth. :biggrin:

gun_control_is_racist.jpg

I completely agree. Tell Rush Limbaurgh and his conservative idiots that making the NRA their private club has made it racist.

You dont see the democrats even caring about the NRA anymore, race has won in America

:biggrin::biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm like Abraham Lincoln: Pauline Hanson
Daniel Hurst | March 2, 2009

Pauline Hanson has compared herself with former US president Abraham Lincoln at the official launch of her election campaign in the state seat of Beaudesert today.

The outspoken former One Nation leader hit back at suggestions she was a "professional candidate" who was simply running for office to gain an electoral funding windfall.

--------------------------
VIDEO: Hanson launches political campaign
--------------------------

"I'd say would you consider that Abraham Lincoln was also a professional candidate?" Ms Hanson asked journalists at the Boonah Community Centre.

"I'd suggest you go and have a look at the number of times Abraham Lincoln stood for Parliament - to stand up for what you believe in."

In officially announcing her candidacy today, Ms Hanson said she was speaking up on the issues people believed in but the electoral system and major political parties were biased against her.

She said she had attracted 36 per cent of the vote when she stood for the federal seat of Blair but the Liberals, who received only 21 per cent of support, went on to win the contest after preferences.

Ms Hanson, a polarising figure who spent time in jail for electoral fraud before being acquitted, said she was determined to stop any attempt to privatise Queensland's water infrastructure and said she would not direct preferences to either party.

She was clapped by a small group of supporters at the end of her media conference with one person stopping to ask her about her position on fluoridation.

She said fluoride should not have been forced on residents without a referendum.

"It does have a huge impact on our infants, on our little ones," she said.

"The people weren't asked, it was just forced on us."

Ms Hanson declined to reveal details of a "confidential" deal to tell her story to a woman's magazine.