• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New forum - will it go the way as Delphi?

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sam

Can I safely assume that the old Delphi Alfresco forum is gone forever?

Goot to see this new forum going but can't help wondering if it will go the way as the old Delhi Alfresco forum??

There were countless flame wars and multi-clones nicks going at each other throats all the time, but I have to admit that these wars were quite entertaining and the barbs have really elevated to an artform:p

Your views gentlemen??:smile:

Cheerios......SS08 ^_^

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well since delphi forum is still in the notice, my good guess is the forum will stay. Talking about this forum, it's up to us whether or not to make it a nice place. Only time will tell.:wink:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
alot of mindless nonsense in the delphi forum, but u have to admit it was all very entertaining for those not implicated.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe a separate section can be reserved for flame wars?

in that way, most tastes will be catered for

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
maybe a separate section can be reserved for flame wars?

in that way, most tastes will be catered for

I've already created that. It's called the rubbish heap.

Do you surf the net with blinkers on and one eye closed?:confused:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've already created that. It's called the rubbish heap.

Do you surf the net with blinkers on and one eye closed?:confused:

No.

I thought the rubbish heap is for you to censure posts/threads....eg the thread on buddhism was censored even though it will not cause flame wars.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
engaging in mentally friendly debates are a great way of exercising our lazy brain and a great way to slowly change our culture. Flaming will get you nowhere just learn to accept other ppl's views on issues. Makes us think more logically and more intelligently instead of just being a follower when everyone does it you just follow suit^^

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
No.

I thought the rubbish heap is for you to censure posts/threads....eg the thread on buddhism was censored even though it will not cause flame wars.

It's where I deposit rubbish and where people who want to post rubbish are free to do so.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think a certain benchmark should be required, to determine what is rubbish and what is not. Of course, there's no way we can start all the WP, RP, SDP, PAP clones from posting at where ever they wish to. Hopefully, there will be enough man power to perform the 'cleaning' :smile:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's where I deposit rubbish and where people who want to post rubbish are free to do so.

You may like to define clearly what is rubbish.

Because to some, they would not have known that they are not supposed to post on certain topics. That particular thread came from someone who sincerely hope to share his knowledge. That, at least, should be respected.

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it has to do with guts. Nothing gutsy in revealing your true identity. There are so many blogs whom we know the persons in real life. It is a personal choice if they believe the forum is an extension of their political mouthpiece.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
everytime, i login there is something new.
today,most of the threads have some very nice and interesting pictures.

i was also an member of the forum at delphi. but after awhile did not login and also forget about the nick,pw and email used to register it. so i am afraid i really no ideas what all those "wars","political mouthpiece" and so on are all about.