• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

碧贵园集团 Country Garden

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
TOday's the STAR malaysia daily. Big big double front page wrap around ad for R&F Pricess Cove (tanjung puteri)

Same for S'pore Straits Times. Also heard a radio add on class95 - it said sales gallery now open.

certainly launching with a bang!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini, Puteri Harbour, Danga Bay and Tanjung Puteri could be flooded with an enormous supply of high-rise mixed development projects in 2016-2018.

1. Country Garden has about 9,300 units at Danga Bay.
2. GZRF plans to launch 15 blocks of 35-storey apartment buildings under phase 1 in 2H14 which implies an enormous 3,150 units of apartments assuming 6 units per floor.
3. And more upcoming ones e.g. Vantage Bay and Sunway Iskandar plus existing ones that are holding back their next phase.

Reference
http://cdn1.i3investor.com/my/files/dfgs88n/2014/04/10/1480243480--42783180.pdf

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini, Puteri Harbour, Danga Bay and Tanjung Puteri could be flooded with an enormous supply of high-rise mixed development projects in 2016-2018.

2. GZRF plans to launch 15 blocks of 35-storey apartment buildings under phase 1 in 2H14 which implies an enormous 3,150 units of apartments assuming 6 units per floor.
3. And more upcoming ones e.g. Vantage Bay and Sunway Iskandar plus existing ones that are holding back their next phase.

Reference

There is no oversupply at Puteri Harbour from what I see .

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's make a simple comparison...

Danga Bay Country Garden: 55 acres with 10,000 residential units. Density 181 Units per acre
Sunway Iskandar: 1,800 acres for 30,000 residential units. Density 16 units per acre.

Sunway Iskandar to have 40% green footprint on their project or 720 acres out of 1,800.

Nusajaya has been designed with low densities and with catalysts projects to sustain residential development.
For instance, Sunway will brig a lot of software to their project: edu park, international school, eco theme park, business park, theme shopping mall, public marina, healthcare park,etc..

Puteri harbour has as well been designed with lower densities, with three landed precincts (Estuari, Emerald Bay and Residential South) and Kota Iskandar.

Another issue is Medini which has high densities and is poised to be the CBD of Nusajaya.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another question mark is country garden massive reclamation project along the second link.

Although is a long term project, I am afraid the project will be designed with high densities and this could impact on the supply and demand balance for Nusajaya.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one big way to screw the singaporeans and foreigners. They make pple buy near to 2nd link houses above RM 1 million and yet they reclaim land and build a City 3 times the size of Sentosa to sell. How can the likes of Sunway or Medini condos compete with this Forest city in 2nd link itself I don't know. IF I am an investor, I will snap up units in Forest City if they project it to be like Sentosa and build houses like Sentosa but the price is 20% of Sentosa. I will buy it

Another question mark is country garden massive reclamation project along the second link.

Although is a long term project, I am afraid the project will be designed with high densities and this could impact on the supply and demand balance for Nusajaya.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these computer graphic presentations are rather impressive. However, I seriously doubt Johor will have the mass and population to materialize as presented. Just look at Medini on a working weekday, it's more like a ghost town. Look at the shopping malls around JB on a weekday, they're mostly deserted. If not for the low rental, I believe many shops would have closed already.

Also, these Chinese developers are not following rules by building high-rise apartments not long after reclaiming the land without allowing for soil settlement and ground stabilization to occur, which may take several years. I dare anticipate many defects like leakages and cracks appearing after the handover to the buyers and these will be ongoing until several years later when the soil and ground have indeed stabilized.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one big way to screw the singaporeans and foreigners. They make pple buy near to 2nd link houses above RM 1 million and yet they reclaim land and build a City 3 times the size of Sentosa to sell. How can the likes of Sunway or Medini condos compete with this Forest city in 2nd link itself I don't know. IF I am an investor, I will snap up units in Forest City if they project it to be like Sentosa and build houses like Sentosa but the price is 20% of Sentosa. I will buy it

The distance from Gerbang Nusajaya, Leisure Farm and Sunway Iskadnar to the Checkpoint will be much nearer compared to Forest City.

Forest City residents will still have to U Turn to the Second Link CIQ before entering/exiting Malaysia.

The attractiveness of Forest City is the waterfront concept.

Regards,

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these computer graphic presentations are rather impressive. However, I seriously doubt Johor will have the mass and population to materialize as presented. Just look at Medini on a working weekday, it's more like a ghost town. Look at the shopping malls around JB on a weekday, they're mostly deserted. If not for the low rental, I believe many shops would have closed already.

Also, these Chinese developers are not following rules by building high-rise apartments not long after reclaiming the land without allowing for soil settlement and ground stabilization to occur, which may take several years. I dare anticipate many defects like leakages and cracks appearing after the handover to the buyers and these will be ongoing until several years later when the soil and ground have indeed stabilized.

yup, I am just amazed and at the same time really puzzled as to why they are so daring to build such humongous number of houses and even reclaiming land ? I mean they are public listed companies that need to answer to shareholders right ? Who will buy from them ?? I hope they have done their calculations correctly else all investors will suffer ...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup, I am just amazed and at the same time really puzzled as to why they are so daring to build such humongous number of houses and even reclaiming land ? I mean they are public listed companies that need to answer to shareholders right ? Who will buy from them ?? I hope they have done their calculations correctly else all investors will suffer ...
They are pretending that Johor can be the same density as KL. Living in the high clouds indeed. Even Penang would not dare to have such great ambitions.

These Chinese developers are indeed spoiling the market and I believe many local developers are cursing and swearing. 1 of the possible reasons why the Johor Sultan recently made news to be the executive arm of the state government is so that he cannot be faulted in future for selling all these lands to the Chinese developers should things go wrong.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are pretending that Johor can be the same density as KL. Living in the high clouds indeed. Even Penang would not dare to have such great ambitions.

These Chinese developers are indeed spoiling the market and I believe many local developers are cursing and swearing. 1 of the possible reasons why the Johor Sultan recently made news to be the executive arm of the state government is so that he cannot be faulted in future for selling all these lands to the Chinese developers should things go wrong.

I don't think getting himself into whatever arm of the state govt is going to absolve him of anything if things go really wrong.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. The advertisements efforts are starting already.
I think Johor is going to be mini China.
Going to be a sensitive issue for the govt when elections comes around.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reference

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...-kongs-rf-properties-to-unveil-johor-project/

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a side note, I was wondering if the potential in JB is so good, why those property magnates like Sun Hung Kai and Li Ka-Shing are not into the pie?

a80241

Alfrescian
Loyal
CGDB has planned to replace the balcony glass window hand rail with lousy cheap metal hand rail. Just visited the real sample constructed site last weekend. Cheating start NOW. Real sad. If you bought one, just asked your sale whether it is true. CGDB may say it is not inside the SPA.