• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Causeway and Link 2 Jamms - Big Disaster awaiting to occur,..

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80916

Good day All,

I queried SG authorities on whether they will do something about the daily jamms, but the same old Singapore Arrogent answer of " our security, Best,..cannot afford any terrorism in Singapore", so bear with it bull-shit.

Since the service lanes are also blocked,..traffic at snail-crawling speed,...imagine this risk-assessment senario,,

"What happens if one of the vehicle, right in the middle, explodes, or catches fire ?
Where to run to, for refuge ?

Although damage may be limited to only the motorists,..isn't it actually, very dangerous, to be caught in such jamms ?

Thanks

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good day All,

I queried SG authorities on whether they will do something about the daily jamms, but the same old Singapore Arrogent answer of " our security, Best,..cannot afford any terrorism in Singapore", so bear with it bull-shit.

Since the service lanes are also blocked,..traffic at snail-crawling speed,...imagine this risk-assessment senario,,

"What happens if one of the vehicle, right in the middle, explodes, or catches fire ?

Although damage may be limited to only the motorists,..isn't it actually, very dangerous, to be caught in such jamms ?

Thanks

Cant use our legs to run away meh? Since traffic stop, it shouldn't be too difficult to run away what......

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good day All,

Thanks

This makes me recall one Hong Kong-Singaporean horror film "The Eye (2002 film)" , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eye_(2002_film)

Plot "...... On the return journey, their bus is caught in a traffic jam and Mun sees hundreds of ghostly figures lumbering on the road. Believing that a catastrophe is approaching, she runs out of the bus and tries to warn everyone to leave, but no one understands her and think that she is insane. In fact, the traffic jam is due to a tank truck that has toppled over and is blocking the road. The truck starts leaking natural gas but nobody notices it. A driver restarts his engine and ignites the gas, causing a chain explosion. Dr. Wah saves Mun from death by shielding her with his body, but Mun is already blinded by glass fragments..."

So watch out for gas leakage and pls do not shut off and restart the engine.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vote for PAP for more congestions. The security excuses are a bunch of crap. Who the hell allows Took Leng How the murderer to take a stroll back to his homeland without a passport?

Who allows Mas Selemat to leave Singapore easily?

So many cock-up and still say to use the name of security. The ICA cum Singapore government got no shame. And you know what? Our PM salary is S$200,000 per month while Najib pay is about S$8000

( I feel sad for Najib seriously. My senior salesmen earns 2 times more than him and don't have to be screwed upside down and from the rear. )

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyhow, immigration building at woodlands at best is a big CRAP. All bullshit talk of being nr one in everything. Less visitors to malaysia is their main target.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all the modifications to the car in fitting in new gadgets, wires can easily overheat and short circuit resulting in fire especially in traffic jams. There's no control in those accessories shops and it is a scary thought that any one can rewire your car. Old cars have hardened wires and cracked PVC sheating and therefore higher chances of fires.
So if fire really happens, it is hardly surprising.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is to stop people from crossing over to shop over there. But Singapore is getting too expensive for average Singaporean. No choice, got to move up and spend your money outside Singapore.

The uproar of collecting Sgd 35 has simmered down. The rage of going to charge RM50 per Singapore car into Malaysia car has also died down. I hope prosperity and rational shall prevail over such sheer madness.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
UMNO Youth proposes fee for S'pore cars entering M'sia
POSTED: 15 Jul 2014 22:36
UPDATED: 15 Jul 2014 22:39

Malaysia’s UMNO Youth is proposing to impose a fee on Singaporean cars entering Malaysia, following Singapore's decision to increase the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) permit fee for vehicles entering the republic.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s UMNO Youth is proposing to impose a fee on Singaporean cars entering Malaysia. This follows Singapore's decision to increase the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) permit fee for vehicles entering the republic.

UMNO Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin said Singaporeans are not charged any fees by the government for cars entering Malaysia, while no action has been taken against those who did not settle their traffic summonses.

"Such action is not fair, because they (Singapore) should reduce and not increase the fee from S$20 to S$35. Why not we too collect some revenue from Singapore cars entering Malaysia?" he told reporters after chairing an UMNO Youth exco meeting on Tuesday.

He said the proposal would be tabled in the cabinet meeting.

Khairy said UMNO Youth would also propose that the government study a system that would prevent cars that fail to settle their summons from entering the country, just like the procedure practiced by Singapore.

"It is time to act, we are losing in terms of revenue, they don't pay the summons, and when they increased the fee, it was the call for us to act," he said.

- Bernama/xq

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/umno-youth-proposes-fee/1265722.html

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
good day all,

i queried sg authorities on whether they will do something about the daily jamms, but the same old singapore arrogent answer of " our security, best,..cannot afford any terrorism in singapore", so bear with it bull-shit.

"what happens if one of the vehicle, right in the middle, explodes, or catches fire ?

Thanks

it is not the job of spore taxpayers to make your shopping trip in jb more pleasant.

As for the lack of road etiquette, it is the type of people that are responsible. Nothing the gov can do.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is not the job of spore taxpayers to make your shopping trip in jb more pleasant.

Evidently, you don't go to JB often to witness the inefficiency of SG ICA, compared to Changi Airport. On a broader scale of things, these inefficiencies affect both SG & JB businesses and employees.

For instance, I cater for additional 1.5 hr time for meetings in JB and SG, if I am travelling to and fro. This is valuable time which can be better spent from both my personal and company's point of view, since I wont consider myself exactly super cheap labour.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope. Do you think I should? Maybe ask them to impose RM 100 per entry to Malaysia to try for one week first?

No need to write liao .... :biggrin:

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-implemented-all-foreign-vehicles-entering-jo

Must be ping pong diplomacy :cool:

JOHOR BARU (The Star/Asia News Network) - Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has announced that the government has decided to implement the Vehicle Entry Permit fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor.

Datuk Seri Najib said that the decision was made following a request made by the state.

"I have discussed the matter with Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and have also informed Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Wahid Omar of our decision.

"I have instructed him to inform the Road Transport Department (JPJ) so they can work out the details before the VEP is implemented," he said during a buka puasa event organised by the state on Wednesday.

"We will make an announcement later on the date of implementation and the rates for the VEP," he said.

Mr Najib also assured that a portion of the collection would be channelled to the state government.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Yes.. It was also brought to my attention this morning that per entry is RM 100. ( unverified by Singapore press yet.. but almost confirmed )

No need to write liao .... :biggrin:

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-implemented-all-foreign-vehicles-entering-jo

Must be ping pong diplomacy :cool:

JOHOR BARU (The Star/Asia News Network) - Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has announced that the government has decided to implement the Vehicle Entry Permit fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor.

Datuk Seri Najib said that the decision was made following a request made by the state.

"I have discussed the matter with Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and have also informed Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Wahid Omar of our decision.

"I have instructed him to inform the Road Transport Department (JPJ) so they can work out the details before the VEP is implemented," he said during a buka puasa event organised by the state on Wednesday.

"We will make an announcement later on the date of implementation and the rates for the VEP," he said.

Mr Najib also assured that a portion of the collection would be channelled to the state government.