• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Residing in JB w/o MM2H ???

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Im SG citizen. Planning to reside in JB. Have bought a home in Cascadia. VP around 2016.
Plan to travel out 5x per week for work. Rent out SG flat. MOP satisfied.

Understands that no issue with in/out from either Sg or Msia customs using MACS.
My concern is for my Aged Parents who are keen to join us.
Due to them not travelling in/out so frequent.
Will they have an issue with Msia Custom(Re-entry)?

Will they exiting Msia 1x per week suffice (4x per month on MACS?)
Appreciate some insights or advises. Thanks.

:confused:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Im SG citizen. Planning to reside in JB. Have bought a home in Cascadia. VP around 2016.

Understands that no issue with in/out from either Sg or Msia customs using MACS.

The MACS has clearly stated it's valid for 30 days :smile:

janetlim108

Hi All,

Can I check whether is Singaporean allow to rent a house and stay in JB without the MM2H? Neither do I intend to invest in a property in JB any time in the near future. So by just renting and staying there and travel back and forth everyday, are we allowed to do so?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Can I check whether is Singaporean allow to rent a house and stay in JB without the MM2H? Neither do I intend to invest in a property in JB any time in the near future. So by just renting and staying there and travel back and forth everyday, are we allowed to do so?

Put it this way, nobody say you cannot.

So long as you do not overstay your 30 day social visit period you cannot be faulted, or should not be faulted. I have a few times been asked by the JB passport clearance officer whether I am staying in JB. I said yes and that's it, still go through without further incident.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Don't see any problem so long as you don't exceed the 30 days social visit period.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

The only problem is cascadia is located at the inner part of tebrau. For you to reach highway...you have to endure heavy traffic at seri austin and BDO. Must mentally prepare for that when you drive in to spore every morning.

janetlim108

Thank you so much.

I'm just exploring the possibility cos staying in Singapore is getting more and more stressful and I find that the cost of living is really high here. Have been making quite frequent trips to bukit indah for groceries. And especially when I have seen photos of the houses in Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills and so on and it really makes me wanting to get away from Singapore and try out living in JB by just renting. Am just concern with the security, but am really glad to come upon this forum and realised that there are so many Singaporeans living out in JB.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, I was once asked why I visit JB so frequent. Quick thinking me told them I am playing golf in one of their many clubs. NO, they did not ask to see my golf club in the boot.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you so much.

I'm just exploring the possibility cos staying in Singapore is getting more and more stressful and I find that the cost of living is really high here. Have been making quite frequent trips to bukit indah for groceries. And especially when I have seen photos of the houses in Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills and so on and it really makes me wanting to get away from Singapore and try out living in JB by just renting. Am just concern with the security, but am really glad to come upon this forum and realised that there are so many Singaporeans living out in JB.

My friend rents a corner terrace in Bukit Indah and staying there for a few years already. Rental around RM2300.