• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help on landed property in JB

untitled

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am actually helping my parents to finding a landed property in Johor for their stay and not investment. I heard about the new rule of 1st May regarding the threshold of 1 Million RM and therefore rushing for them before the new rule kicks in. Any suggestions for a reputable developer and landed development hopefully not too far from CIQ?

Thanks.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can check out Senibong cove or Sapphire 8..
On the eastern side at Permas Jaya.
EDL link, 8 mins from causeway..

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am actually helping my parents to finding a landed property in Johor for their stay and not investment. I heard about the new rule of 1st May regarding the threshold of 1 Million RM and therefore rushing for them before the new rule kicks in. Any suggestions for a reputable developer and landed development hopefully not too far from CIQ?

Thanks.

There are so many projects to consider, within 20 mins drive to causeway.

On the west side, you have the likes of Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman, East Ledang, Bestari Heights, Taman Laguna, Sutera Utama. On the east side, you have Mount Austin, Senibong Cove, Seri Austin, Bandar Dato Onn, Adda Heights, Setia Tropika, Taman Molek, Desa Tebrau, Setia Eco Cascadia etc.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks.

how about SEC :biggrin:
vested.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many projects to consider, within 20 mins drive to causeway.

On the west side, you have the likes of Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman, East Ledang, Bestari Heights, Taman Laguna, Sutera Utama. On the east side, you have Mount Austin, Senibong Cove, Seri Austin, Bandar Dato Onn, Adda Heights, Setia Tropika, Taman Molek, Desa Tebrau, Setia Eco Cascadia etc.

also on the east side got bandar seri alam, taman gaya.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks.

poor thing suddenly you got like 20 taman to check out. kakaka.

ok larrr. i give you a good tip with decent location , matured township, price oso reasonable, house quite good size, g&g, nearby got a lot of chinese makan shop etc.. . u can call them to check if <1m you can buy.

d'serambi at taman perling.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
poor thing suddenly you got like 20 taman to check out. kakaka.

ok larrr. i give you a good tip with decent location , matured township, price oso reasonable, house quite good size, g&g, nearby got a lot of chinese makan shop etc.. . u can call them to check if <1m you can buy.

d'serambi at taman perling.

Oh how can I leave out D'Serambi? My friend stays there....haha...... Sutera Utama houses not bad too, but without individual gates.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks.

I think it is too late as the stamping need to be before 1 May. Some lawyers already rejected new bookings last month.

BUT surprising a few developers still accept new bookings.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is too late as the stamping need to be before 1 May. Some lawyers already rejected new bookings last month.

BUT surprising a few developers still accept new bookings.

Not surprisingly, there are conflicting reports. See this link on possible exemptions from RM 1m threshold for projects which had received prior planning approval before 1 May 2014. Announced none other than Mentri Besar himself. Not sure if this applies to resale though. V confusing as usual.....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...-s-rm1m-limit-on-foreign-buyers-takes-effect-

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only 2 persons staying, maybe consider buying a condo, easy to maintain. When leaving the house, just need to lock 2 doors - front door & front gate. Simple and easy.
Landed house might be too big, need to install alarm all over the house, need a full time maid, then also have to take care of the dog which in turn take care of your house, take care of garden...
You must also like the neighbourhood of your ideal house.

Don't get distracted by my negative comments. Take your time to choose the house that your parents like.
Lots and lots of landed and condos coming up...

Oh well, maybe I am plain lazy to take care of so many things.

Anyway, when staying in JB, need to have a car to move around.

Why not consider renting a condo/landed to try out first?

Hi,

Thanks.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
if insist on buying 3 storey, landed, freehold, big land, large build-up, mins to CIQ and move-in (almost near completion) before this year, can consider The Garden@ Polo Park. only 2 units are booked out of 31. Price starts from 1.8 mil. For sharing, i have not vested in this project.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks.

With your budget, you can just rent the many empty units and save yourself the hassle.
After a few years; shift to a new unit.
Invest the balance on good dividend yielding stocks.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
if insist on buying 3 storey, landed, freehold, big land, large build-up, mins to CIQ and move-in (almost near completion) before this year, can consider The Garden@ Polo Park. only 2 units are booked out of 31. Price starts from 1.8 mil. For sharing, i have not vested in this project.

TS hasn't replied any of our suggestion yet :smile: btw, from his one post, seems to me implied that he is looking for <1M house, and rushing to get it before 1st may. which is... um .. this thursday.!