• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emerald Bay and surroundings,..Vicarious Liability ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80916

Good day all,

I visited Emerald bay Showroom recently - on a Saturday - and was shocked by the sounds of war, per this clip,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i57WCi-jFvc&feature=player_detailpage

Questions,

1. When will Singapore Stop the Military Exercises ?

2. Will Singapore ever tear down, them ugly-looking fencing, along the Singapore coastline ?

3. Is such acts, considered a "friendly" neighbour ?

This project,...can buy or not ?

Thanks

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. When will Singapore Stop the Military Exercises ? - When Malaysia decides one day to teach Singapore a lesson and bomb up Tengah. Just kidding. Singapore will not stop military exercises but its already confirmed by the minister the Tengah military exercises etc and military installation will move and consolidate in Pulau Tekong/Changi except for the Tengah Airbase for security reasons.

2. Will Singapore ever tear down, them ugly-looking fencing, along the Singapore coastline ? ( And allow the illegal immigrants to swim to Singapore? No way)

3. Is such acts, considered a "friendly" neighbour ? ( Singapore is always a lousy neighbour. Just look at how Singapore refuse to build a new causeway to settle the jam problems )
This project,...can buy or not ? - Boleh!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
""Tengah Air Base
The question mark that hung over Tengah Air Base (TAB) on Thursday night, when reports that a Tengah housing estate would be developed, has been erased. The Republic of Singapore Air Force's (RSAF) largest fighter base will stay put in 17 years' time even as surrounding areas make way for a new town for 55,000 homes about three to five years' from now.

While TAB remains, two sizeable camps in the west are noticeably absent from the Singapore Ministry of National Development's Land Use Plan 2030"""

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
""Tengah Air Base
The question mark that hung over Tengah Air Base (TAB) on Thursday night, when reports that a Tengah housing estate would be developed, has been erased. The Republic of Singapore Air Force's (RSAF) largest fighter base will stay put in 17 years' time even as surrounding areas make way for a new town for 55,000 homes about three to five years' from now.

While TAB remains, two sizeable camps in the west are noticeably absent from the Singapore Ministry of National Development's Land Use Plan 2030"""

Other units may move, but the elilte armour & air force units will not move from their current camps, at least in the next 30 years. I served 2.5 years in Sungei Gedong, and I am confident that the move will not happen in the next 30 years.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The marketing video of emerald bay is really scenic and class.

The few occassions when I was at traders' hotel did not encounter the SAF live firing exercises.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The marketing video of emerald bay is really scenic and class.

The few occassions when I was at traders' hotel did not encounter the SAF live firing exercises.

I don't think the SAF live firing exercises is really an issue , and I don't think they will stop anytime soon too. Exercises are not held that regularly.....

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emerald Bay still got unit meh? I tot sold out long time ago.
You lucky to get 1 unit then buy already lo, BRDB is a very reputable developer.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issit? But the govt has released the statement and confirmed that two "sizable" camps in the west will be moved... unless Sungei Gedong, being the Armour HQ is considered small?

Tengah Airforce is confirmed staying and even to be expanded. Its really obvious as the land use plan has indicated that the entire runaway be untouched while the rest of the camps have become "green".. means non-military use.

Other units may move, but the elilte armour & air force units will not move from their current camps, at least in the next 30 years. I served 2.5 years in Sungei Gedong, and I am confident that the move will not happen in the next 30 years.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issit? But the govt has released the statement and confirmed that two "sizable" camps in the west will be moved... unless Sungei Gedong, being the Armour HQ is considered small?

Tengah Airforce is confirmed staying and even to be expanded. Its really obvious as the land use plan has indicated that the entire runaway be untouched while the rest of the camps have become "green".. means non-military use.

i really think it doesn't matter and won't affect PH / EB / Johor prices. what will affect is m'sia govt policies, execution of iskandar masterplan, global economy, yada yada.

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Houses will hear it loud n clear. Condos may not unless direct sea facing. And please, it's an exercise conducted for donkey years. Of course it's friendly

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the Singapore govt, having military exercises just 100m away from my neighbours' most expensive and high class enclave of Southern Malaysia is a big nono. SAF has histories of cock-ups and the soldiers are not exactly tough. I call them Ipad soldiers anyway. If one bomb decide to be misfired and shoot down an entire tower in Medini or Puteri Harbour, there could be war. Imagine a bomb dropping into your neighbor territory and your own kinds are staying inside that block. That would be epic world news enough to warrant a war.

I am saying this because true enough, SAF has misfired before into Gelang Patah but years ago it was all palm trees.

Houses will hear it loud n clear. Condos may not unless direct sea facing. And please, it's an exercise conducted for donkey years. Of course it's friendly

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the Singapore govt, having military exercises just 100m away from my neighbours' most expensive and high class enclave of Southern Malaysia is a big nono. SAF has histories of cock-ups and the soldiers are not exactly tough. I call them Ipad soldiers anyway. If one bomb decide to be misfired and shoot down an entire tower in Medini or Puteri Harbour, there could be war. Imagine a bomb dropping into your neighbor territory and your own kinds are staying inside that block. That would be epic world news enough to warrant a war.

I am saying this because true enough, SAF has misfired before into Gelang Patah but years ago it was all palm trees.

Drop a misfired bomb at Kota Iskandar will sure be very serious mistake.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next one week the loyal Malaysian Malays are gota go crazy and jam-packed the Malaysia customs trying to flood into Singapore like how they did so when Israel PM visited Singapore decades ago.

Drop a misfired bomb at Kota Iskandar will sure be very serious mistake.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee has brought several ministers to Putrajaya this afternoon to meet PM Najib. HSR is one of the items in their agenda. Will get to know sometime these few days.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need fanciful HSR. Just expand e 1st n 2nd link by doubling e counters I'm already v happy.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup..

Hopefully something interesting will come out of the discussion.. The way I see it there is definitely benefits to be gained from both sides..

Singapore needs the additional space and Malaysia needs the investment to improve the Johor state.
Not to mention that the Johor Sultan got a lot of vested interest to make sure that it works.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need fanciful HSR. Just expand e 1st n 2nd link by doubling e counters I'm already v happy.

1) Expand 1st & 2nd link counters
2) Build RTS (1st link) and HSR (Jurong East)
3) Build 3rd link at Punggol-Pasir Gudang

When these 3 are done, both regions will be flourishing!

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

More dangerous is when wars break out, army camps are always targets for all sort of sorties. Then the missiles and bombs wouldn't be too particular about accuracy.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
More dangerous is when wars break out, army camps are always targets for all sort of sorties. Then the missiles and bombs wouldn't be too particular about accuracy.

If war breaks out, everywhere is dangerous. How big is Singapore ??