• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The lucky country

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its no wonder that the CCB scums in white are so insecured of Sinkees migrating to Oz and so has hired loser cockroaches like shockshit to post rubbish as a full time job. :oIo:

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Aus...ery_says_Australias_future_bright_297872.html

Monday, January 26, 2009 » 09:02am

Live News: Watch it now

2007 Australian of the Year Professor Tim Flannery says living in Australia is 'one of the greatest privileges on earth'.

LATEST MOST POPULAR 03:21 PMKim Beazley honoured for service
03:10 PMBBC pressured to air Gaza appeal
03:00 PMAustralia's youth share new patriotism
02:49 PMBeckham and Kaka on Milan goal trail
02:32 PMThongs linked to skin cancer
02:06 PMUnemployment expected to rise
» more Latest News

KFC sink trio fired
World faces total financial meltdown
Woman allegedly sets genitals alight
Travolta speaks of heartbreak
59 killed in Bangkok nightclub blaze
Man shot for talking during Pitt film
» more Most Popular News
2007 Australian of the Year Professor Tim Flannery says living in Australia is 'one of the greatest privileges on earth'.

Renowned for his internationally acclaimed work as a scientist and environmentalist, Professor Flannery spoke to Sky News about what it means to be Australian.

'It's just such a beautiful country, physically, with such low populations and such a wonderful environment - the beaches, the forests,' he said.

'I can't imagine living anywhere else.'

Professor Flannery was named Australian of the Year in 2007, for his work in helping Australians better appreciate and understand the environment and the impacts of climate change.

'First of all I didn't believe it - I thought it was some sort of joke,' he said.

'But really once it dawned on me that I was going to be Australian of the Year, I just had this immense sense of honour really, and of humility.

'I having that given to me, really made me ask... what can I do for Australia?'

Professor Flannery said he believes Australia is on its way to becoming more environmentally aware.

'There's been a huge shift... particularly in government and among the public. Business is still a bit mixed,' he said.

'There's a real appetite I think, among certain businesses, and the community just to get on with it and start building this exciting new economy... based on renewable energy and clean technology.'

But the scientist said the Rudd Government's plan to cut Australia's carbon emissions by 5 to 15 per cent by 2020 doesn't go far enough.

'It's a grave disappointment,' he said.

'It just doesn't produce enough incentive... or a wide enough market to have in my view a really profitable and viable emissions trading scheme.

'That was I believe a terrible mistake and dreadful lack of leadership by the Australian Government.'

None the less, Professor Flannery said he has hope for Australia's future.

'We need to get smarter about the way we live in our environment, but I am truly optimistic about the country of ours,' he said.

'I think we can be real leaders in the world and do wonderful things.

'We're small but nimble.'

Go to News home

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY !!

Australia still has a long way to go to join the G7 - perhaps that is why we have not reach our full potential. Being geographically remote, we had a slow start.

But compared to Singapore, some say that the island is past its glorious high growth days. Perhaps, that is why the PAP is jittery by the migration.

The best indicator of that is the priority and special privileges the Chinese nationals have over Singaporeans in getting into Singapore universities.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
happy australia day !!

Australia still has a long way to go to join the g7 - perhaps that is why we have not reach our full potential. Being geographically remote, we had a slow start.

But compared to singapore, some say that the island is past its glorious high growth days. Perhaps, that is why the pap is jittery by the migration.

The best indicator of that is the priority and special privileges the chinese nationals have over singaporeans in getting into singapore universities.

happy australia day mate.

victoria stiles

Australia is not only the beautiful city but it also presents the challenge to the countries, all over the world. Australia has the ability, the will and the leadership to commit to a clean energy revolution, to commit to using 100 percent renewable energy in the very near future.

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia is not only the beautiful city ........

I used to live in a charming neighborhood in North Sydney. Loved all 4 seasons (though sweeping & bagging autumn leaves has been a hassle).

Received a "culture shock" upon my return (in 2005) to see many FTs Singapore.
The situation has notably worsened over the last 6 years.

:(..wished that I had stayed in Australia.