• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

still want to migrate and find job???

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pang sai loh

UK recession: How Britain compares to its major rivals
With Britain officially in recession, how does the country stack up against other major world economies?

By Amy Wilson
Last Updated: 4:48PM GMT 23 Jan 2009

Britain: The economy was flat in second quarter, with 0pc growth, and shrank by 0.6pc in the third quarter. Official figures on Friday show it is now in recession after contracted by a bigger-than-expected 1.5pc in the final quarter of 2008. Unemployment stood at 6.1pc at the end of November.

United States: The US economy grew by 0.7pc in the second quarter and contracted by 0.1pc in the third quarter. Fourth-quarter numbers are expected to show the economy shrank by 1.2pc. Unemployment stood at 7.2pc in December.

Japan: The Japanese economy shrank by 1pc in the second quarter and by a further 0.5pc in the third quarter. The fourth quarter is forecast to show a 2.75pc decline as the country's export manufacturing industry suffered from the global downturn. Unemployment stood at 3.9pc in November.

China: The Chinese economy grew by 9pc, on an annual basis, in the third quarter and by 6.8pc in the fourth quarter. Forecasts for a 6.8pc rise for the year in 2009 could come under pressure as the markets for China's exports contract. Unemployment stood at 4pc at the end of December.

Germany: The German economy is already in recession, declining by 0.4pc in the second quarter and 0.5pc in the third quarter. Forecasts show it shrank by between 1.5pc and 2pc in the fourth quarter, as like Japan, manufacturing exports were badly hit. Unemployment stood at 7.6pc in December.

France: The French economy shrank by 0.3pc in the second quarter but recovered to rise 0.1pc in the third quarter. Economists estimate it shrank by 1pc in the final quarter. Unemployment stood at 7.3pc at the end of the third quarter in September.

All figures except Britain from BNP Paribas and Bloomberg.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It looks more like migrate and go on welfare and take out CPF money before it is gone before you retire :biggrin:
UK is still a "good" place to "migrate". The UK govt will provide a very decent roof over your head and hardship living expenses. Not to mention NHS benefits, etc. You just have either swim across or use the chunnel.

Leemafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks more like migrate and go on welfare and take out CPF money before it is gone before you retire :biggrin:
UK is still a "good" place to "migrate". The UK govt will provide a very decent roof over your head and hardship living expenses. Not to mention NHS benefits, etc. You just have either swim across or use the chunnel.

Believe me, its not something that you would want to do. The welfare you get in the UK would be pathetic. You'll be housed in a very shabby apartment where your sleep could even be bothered by your next door neighbour snoring. And the public hospitals there are also pathetic. Its ok if you are making anything > £70k but anything below that, your quality of life will be bad. Ever wonder why the brain drain in the UK is so high?

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe me, its not something that you would want to do. The welfare you get in the UK would be pathetic. You'll be housed in a very shabby apartment where your sleep could even be bothered by your next door neighbour snoring. And the public hospitals there are also pathetic. Its ok if you are making anything > £70k but anything below that, your quality of life will be bad. Ever wonder why the brain drain in the UK is so high?

Beter than staying in the merciless Leegime and jumping MRT.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you saying the free health service is worse than those private izzit? Sinkee mentality is we like those free services

the problem is some of these people have never ever seen council housing or NHS hospitals and talk rubbish here

free housing free medical care, free jobless benefits, wah no need to cho kang, tt is the sinkee's dream. they would rather live like a cockroach than exert an ounce of effort.

FWIW, i have been to american hospitals and UK NHS hospitals and the NHS one is a frigging joke, i thought i was in somalia

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Care to give suggestion of migrating . I am ready to give up my IC and leave Singapore for good.

If you are interested to move to Australia, visit the www.immi.gov.au website.

This is a very good government website that tells you about getting a PR visa (based on points), as well as living in OZ. It even have a checklist of things you need to do after you arrive.

In Australia, the government has to be fair. They will give you all the important information to get you started. I am not aware of 'hidden' information you need to know at the moment.

Finally, just remember, Immigration follow a transparent process in deciding your visa, and if you happen to disagree with something, you have the right to ask them to explain.

Personally, I think that regardless of where you want to go, you need have give yourself a chance to unlearn the Singapore lifestyle and relearn the lifestyle of your destination country - esp if you are thinking of giving up IC. There is no turning back.

Both OZ and NZ are good destinations, you just need to think about which city you want to live in next. For Australia, each city is different, in job prospects, leisure, cost of living, etc.

emigration.gif

edzhang9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise . I am 58 . Since my retrenchment in 2001 getting a job in Singapore is almost impossible with my 28 years of experience in Real Estate Industry in investment and project development coupled my Tertiary qualification.

What alternative do I have. Registered with employment agency both private and government yield no result for the past 3 years . Comments from these agency are either I am over qualificated or offer funny suggestion that I should opt for 2nd career like Taxi Driver or salesman in department store and many other jobs without basic salary

I strongly felt that I still have few more good years of work with my Weathy Experiences especially in Business Development in Real Estate Industry as my Network contacts in Asian Corporation CEO and Owners are still in tact .It will be sad if I do not put in use of my vast experiences and live on my existing CPF funds

Therefore I plan to give up my IC since my service is not required and needed here and seek for other opportunties elsewhere where I beleive I am able to contribute to organisation and soceity