• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Europe in China ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲&

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China either has an identity problem caused by the Cultural revolution or they decided to exchange some of their 5000 years of history for the more superior? traditional western European architecture.
Anyway, they are not just taking photos of European towns, they are building copy towns.

Maybe next time, can just visit China to see the traditional western European architecture, no problem with romanian pickpockets or graffiti. :biggrin:

This photo is in Austria. The ferry you see ply between the train station and the village across the lake.

image-225788-galleryV9-qkjw.jpg

The 2 photos below are in China.

image-225785-galleryV9-kkbu.jpg

image-225787-galleryV9-rfvu.jpg

Thames Town near Shanghai. Modelled after a typical English village. One English woman complained that her fish and chips restaurant had been copied in exact detail.

image-225798-galleryV9-uvrr.jpg

image-225806-galleryV9-epzs.jpg

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Europe in China ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲&#8

"A lot of Chinese people look up to the West as an ideal, so the construction of these towns could be seen as a way of accelerating their progress; a quick way of achieving through emulation."

Le Corbusier's Chapelle de Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp, France
Le-Corbusiers-Ronchamp-008.jpg

A barbecue restaurant ... Ronchamp in Zhengzhou
Ronchamp-Zhengzhou-2004--008.jpg

Bonjour, Hebei
RV-AJ650_ARCHIT_DV_20130208163803.jpg

china even copy a building that is under construction.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/6/3843870/chinese-architects-copy-a-building-still-under-construction

Original
soho02.jpg

Copy
06east_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

The reputation of the original architect is enhanced because of the copying. :smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Europe in China ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲&am

The London Tower in Suzhou China is cleaner than the original one. :biggrin:
article-2169266-13EFEFF6000005DC-689_634x469.jpg

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Copying is the most sincere form of flattery

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Copying is the most sincere form of flattery

Noticed the text art in the thread title?
I copied that text art from an email that my niece sent me. :biggrin:

I do not necessary agree that copying is good (Think of cars and esp car doors), even if it is a testimony to the original person's work.
http://www.archdaily.com/357293/why-china-s-copy-cats-are-good-for-architecture/

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Copies are never good, but if your product is good enough, people would want to copy it. Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap. Yes, very nice. When you having an aussie baby? $5K no more soon you know?
Noticed the text art in the thread title?
I copied that text art from an email that my niece sent me. :biggrin:

I do not necessary agree that copying is good (Think of cars and esp car doors), even if it is a testimony to the original person's work.
http://www.archdaily.com/357293/why-china-s-copy-cats-are-good-for-architecture/

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Copies are never good, but if your product is good enough, people would want to copy it. Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap. Yes, very nice. When you having an aussie baby? $5K no more soon you know?

The problem with China construction is that there is always something wrong - if you look closer, even the Singapore's Pan Pacific Hotel in Suzhou, the tile pattern in the suite toilets are wrong. That is just the beginning.
Some of the better building construction techniques are still done in Perth.

As for the cut-back on baby bonus in the second-rate govt in oz,
Companionship is priority at my stage in life.
The cost of bringing up aussie baby has doubled since 2007. Budgeting is important.

If oz do go into recession, they are talk of saving the oz property bubble. So Prof Steve Keen will still lose his bet. But again, something else may happen.