• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time for courtesy campaign again......

waiwaiz

Alfrescian
Loyal
As title suggested....

Are kids getting rude nowadays?..
Most commonly seen are cases like kids not giving up seat to the needy in buses or MRT.
Recently read from a forum in sg, surprisingly some of them are saying its not wrong not to give up their seat. To my surprise, many even agreed with him.
Thats another who complain" I hate my mum".....reason: her mum confiscated her hp due to big amount on her bill. She say her mum make her no face infront of friends......

Kids are getting wild and ill manner nowadays. Mind you, most of them are highly educated judging from the way they post in forum.
Gone are the days where we hear song like " let courtesy our way of like......."
Or poster of " Its polite to give way".
I truely think its time our goverment re-launch some kind of courtesy campaign.
Whats all your view in this. Meet with any unpleasant encounter with kids before? Share it.....:smile:

Le Empereur

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more to do with consideration rather than courtesy. Agree with TS totally that kids these days are getting out of hand. I just hope we don't end up like the UK where teachers are beaten, harrassed and threatened by kids.

Had a nasty incident once when a bunch of school girls were cursing like no tomorrow and there I was in my NS uniform and I don't even use some of the words they used!

Kids these days are getting to be too self centered but how to reverse it? If you look closely enough some of their parents are not much better.

hyderbaddie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids these days are getting to be too self centered but how to reverse it? If you look closely enough some of their parents are not much better.

I do not think that just using courtesy campaigns will bring about much changes. Times have changed so much from yesteryears, kids grow up in such competitive environments nowadays that they are so stressed up about life, plus the advent of the digital age where all sorts of materials and influence are available to them via the internet and TV. It is actually hard to be in their shoes.

Possible suggestions for campaigns: Treat thy maid well campaign, pay thy bangladeshi worker on time campaign and Cut the fuel increase campaign. Just my 2 cents.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall culture have shift through the years and especially so in today's info age. With people becoming wealthier than the last generations, it seems that when one thing is up there goes another...:cool:

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's inevitable guys. Remember, as Singapore strives to become First World, with the pros will come the cons. Poor man has poor man problems, rich man has rich man problems. When Singapore was poor, we had things like auntie networks to keep the kids in line. Like it or not, we had to learn manners. Now Singapore is rich, kids are brought up by maids and childcare centres. Parents are dual-income, hardly ever seen. Why should kids have to learn manners?

Government? They only want more kids, not more mannered kids. After all, will manners give you more pay? Will being courteous give you a degree? Will giving up a seat in the MRT let the student have extra merit points? No? Then don't need lor. Education or not, the mercenary tone has been set.

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say no amount of public education is enough. It all starts with the family. Like the good old saying “上梁不正下梁歪".

Fix it at the root - family.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
bring it on.. Courtesy is for free , courtesy is for you and me.

web-singa-lion.jpg

middle_finger.jpg

As title suggested....