• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Haunted Hotel stories, please share.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Hong Kong friend, who is frequently on business trips, has a habit of knocking on the door of newly assigned hotel rooms before he enter for the first time, whispering the words in Cantonese, "I am Mr ABC and assigned to this room for the next x days. I come in peace and please leave me alone."

Also, if it is a twin or double bed, he will just occupy one side and keep the other bed untouched.

Sometimes, if he feels uneasy, he will return to reception to request for a change of rooms. He also has a habit of asking the hotel if it is full because he does not want the "reserved" rooms - rooms reserved for ghosts due to ...........

This all started after his past encounter in a haunted hotel room where he was awakened after he felt he was being pulled off the bed. Added to that was the mysterious icy breeze that brushed over his face.

Later, he found out that a hotel guest had been killed in that room by the jealous wife of her lover. That icy breeze, according to him, , coincide with the time of the murder.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Indonesia's Samudera Beach Hotel, there is room that is out of bounds to guests..

The room is reserved for a Sea spirit.. Walking or swimming on the beach, one is not allowed to be in any green color clothes..

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Hotel 81s..usually got the following:
Many eerie groaning sounds (although sometimes groans sound like si peh song)
sometimes got women's voices screaming for muffled voices calling for gods help.
Rattling and creaking noises -like furniture or bed headboard knocking against wall ..
running water..like shower being turned on and off repeatedly.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was at Taipei Grand Hyatt...and I noticed all these...

140012580.AsE1J7Ig.jpg

140012581.mzbDJ99i.jpg

140012582.sAeVGjb8.jpg

140012583.qTRIDtT0.jpg

140012585.Sdqxurjy.jpg

140012590.JGXA139h.jpg

140012588.1qgWPufp.jpg

I spent two peaceful nights in one of the most famous haunted hotels in the world.....

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So leche. Must do so many things.

Every time I call upon Jesus. All these dirty things run road.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So leche. Must do so many things.

Every time I call upon Jesus. All these dirty things run road.

hallelujah...I invite you and your wife to stay there for one night ONLY....be my guest..

No need to knock the door THREE TIMES.....you are most welcome....free breakfast, free buffet and free dinner and free city tour too...and free trip to Taipei 101... game?

Last edited:

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course you have to try everything until one works right.

If it doesn't at least you can go to heaven and see Jesus.

It is a win win situation. Being a Christian i. e. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I read somewhere that First World Hotel in Genting has a whole floor that is out of bound. True? Once, I was staying in JB with my PRC fling and I was in the lift when I suddenly discovered that the lift has no button for level 4. What is the reason that a hotel actually wasted one whole floor of room?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Once, I was staying in JB with my PRC fling and I was in the lift when I suddenly discovered that the lift has no button for level 4. What is the reason that a hotel actually wasted one whole floor of room?
big shock small strange la ...

juz like hauses dun haf haus no 13, 44, etc ... dat hotel skip room nos beginning wif 4 lor ...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happens to a hotel room after someone has died in it?

64-year-old Japanese retiree Takamasa Koto was discovered dead in the Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore in 2009.
Hotel staff found the Singapore permanent resident's body, with a single stab wound to his chest, in the bathtub of his room on the 31st floor.

Heads of various religious groups, including Catholic priests, Buddhist monks and Muslim clerics, conduct cleansing rituals in the room before sealing it off for a period of time. The room will be kept unused will depend on how much cleaning is required and also the demand for rooms. Religious cleansing rites are carried out 'to give staff peace of mind'.

In Geylang's budget Diamond Hotel, where the naked, bloodied body of a murdered Indian woman was found under the queen-size bed of a fourth-floor room, it is business as usual.

'We will try to assign other rooms before that one, unless the hotel is fully booked,' said an employee who declined to give her name. She recalled that a Taoist priest was called in immediately after the murder and all the room's furniture was replaced. She added: 'Some customers who remember the news specifically ask not to have that room, and we will accommodate such requests. But we've had no complaints from those who have stayed there so far.'

In 1995, Briton John Martin, a former convict trained in butchery, bludgeoned South African tourist Gerard George Lowe to death with a hammer in a River View Hotel room and dissected the body in the bathtub. Martin then scattered the body parts, sealed in black plastic bags, into the Singapore River. Mr Lowe's head and arms were never found.

In 1994, Japanese tourist Fujii Isae died in her ninth-floor room at the Oriental Hotel, now known as the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, in Marina Bay. Two Singaporean men had tailed her and her companion to their room with the intention of robbing them, but Madam Isae choked to death during the attack.

At the Hilton Singapore hotel in 1974, Mrs Linda Culley was famously killed and chopped up into 13 parts by her husband, Michael Charles Culley, who then sealed her severed body up in a trunk and transferred it to a Cairnhill flat. The hotel's rooms have undergone revamps twice since the incident, said its spokesman.

A staff member in a five-star hotel chain here revealed that most hotels have a Chinese altar in their basement carparks or in a discreet room in the hotel. During the seventh lunar month every year, when spirits are free to roam the earth according to traditional Chinese belief, it is common practice for hotels to conduct prayers to 'cleanse' their rooms.

Prayers and cleansing rituals are also held in new hotels before their rooms are opened for occupancy.

Mr Robin Goh, assistant vice-president of communications of Resorts World at Sentosa, said: 'All reputable hotel chains should have such plans in place for all sorts of accidents, from drownings to murders, robberies, assaults and fires.'

As most hotels claim to adopt the 'honesty is the best policy' mantra when it comes to hotel rooms with a history, you can ask before checking yourself into any.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
@kopiuncle post #4

Grand Hyatt (Taipei, Taiwan)
It is said that the hotel was built on a World War II prison camp where hundreds of people were imprisoned and killed. Ghostly figures roaming the corridors and strange noises coming from unoccupied rooms are some of the spooky encounters reported here.