• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCSSL Indian tourists among world's top 3 hotel item thieves

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Trave...p--3-hotel-item-thieves/Article1-1046936.aspx

Travel stories
Indian tourists among world's top 3 hotel item thieves
ANI
Sydney, April 19, 2013

First Published: 14:38 IST(19/4/2013)
Last Updated: 18:17 IST(19/4/2013)

Indians are among the top three nationalities that steal items from hotel rooms abroad.

A global survey found that the top three nationalities, who admitted to stealing from hotel rooms, were Indians, 38 percent; Mexicans, 40 percent; and Colombians, 57 percent.

Travellers from 29 countries took part in the survey, with the French, Canadians, Americans, Chinese and Swedish even more likely to pocket something extra from their hotel stays.

According to the Herald Sun, towels and linens were the items of choice for guests from the US, Sweden, Italy, Hong Kong, Canada, Norway and Ireland , while the Chinese were most likely to steal furnishings including lamps, clocks and artwork.

Other items nicked include bathrobes, pillows, electronics, irons and alarm clocks.

Guests from Denmark claim to be the most honest travellers, with just 12 percent saying they've pocketed hotel property, followed by those from the Netherlands, Norway and Brazil.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to take the toiletries cos they are small and easy to bring about. Now too lazy to even take these stuff.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't understand why people want to steal towels. I try as much as possible not to use hotel towels even if staying in 5 stars hotels.