• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay con-man at Bukit Indah Giant/ Tesco

Seven

I was approached twice at different times by a skinny malay man with a few tattoos claiming he had lost his passport and asking where was the Singapore embassy. Obviously a conman, so please be careful. i think he's looking for a ride and perhaps some $$$.

Anyone else encountered this chap?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was approached twice at different times by a skinny malay man with a few tattoos claiming he had lost his passport and asking where was the Singapore embassy. Obviously a conman, so please be careful. i think he's looking for a ride and perhaps some $$$.

That will not be the only guy. I had this Malay con man even showed me his Singapore NRIC

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case anyone interested to know, the Singapore embassy is at 35th level, City square office tower.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks ginfreely for sharing. For anyone in need of the consultate:

Address:
Suite 35.02, Level 35
Johor Bahru City Square Office Tower
106-108, Jalan Wong Ah Fook
80000 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia

Telephone:
+607 226 5012

Fax:
+607 226 5013

E-Mail:
[email protected]

Operational Hours:
For General Enquiries:-
Mon. – Fri.
8.30am – 1.00pm
2.00pm – 5.00pm

Closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays, including Singapore National Day on 9 August

Singaporeans who require urgent help, please click on consular services for advice.

http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/johor_bahru.html

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

I encountered similar incident. I think he was just begging for money.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I encountered similar incident. I think he was just begging for money.

At least he is not stealing or harming anyone. I usually give a bit of money if the person is a kid, aged or handicapped. Young people definitely no no as they should work.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Begging is no issue and we should always give with a cheerful heart, cheating by any race though is not welcomed. Most times i just give and don't question their motives/real cause or not. Its those fake monks, etc that gets me.

One time, some big shot contractor somehow decided to lay his plans and layout diagrams on the bonnet and back of my vehicle, i just went to him and politely told him i was going out. He told me sheepishly that he was nearly done so in the end i waited for 5 mins while he did his stuff and went away with his customers.

Shortly, a monk came when i was just getting out of my car to put stuff into my vehicles boot.

Said to me, your family is close to you, treated you well and supported you through school and university. Thats why you must be successful and have this car today. You have never suffered a single day in your life.

Instead of the amount i was thinking to give him, i gave him a fraction instead as everything single thing he said was incorrect. He couldn't have been more wrong.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Begging is no issue and we should always give with a cheerful heart, cheating by any race though is not welcomed. Most times i just give and don't question their motives/real cause or not. Its those fake monks, etc that gets me.

One time, some big shot contractor somehow decided to lay his plans and layout diagrams on the bonnet and back of my vehicle, i just went to him and politely told him i was going out. He told me sheepishly that he was nearly done so in the end i waited for 5 mins while he did his stuff and went away with his customers.

Shortly, a monk came when i was just getting out of my car to put stuff into my vehicles boot.

Said to me, your family is close to you, treated you well and supported you through school and university. Thats why you must be successful and have this car today. You have never suffered a single day in your life.

Instead of the amount i was thinking to give him, i gave him a fraction instead as everything single thing he said was incorrect. He couldn't have been more wrong.

Real monk dun handle $. dun need to feel bad if didnt give. :smile:
Like tat hor, create more karma for him instead..

Last edited:

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least he is not stealing or harming anyone. I usually give a bit of money if the person is a kid, aged or handicapped. Young people definitely no no as they should work.

At least he is not stealing or harming anyone-U are spot on.