• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 20 dangerous places to go to for a vacation

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
20. NEW ZEALAND

New Zealand is not inherently dangerous, but visitors routinely engage in activities that put them in harms way. More than one third of the country is considered a nature conservation land, which means thrill-seekers from around the world flock to the country in order to participate in extreme sports. Unfortunately, the result is a very high number of tourists deaths in the country each year.

19. TAIWAN

Taiwan offers the beautiful city of Taipei as well as access to the largest collection of Chinese artifacts in the world. Despite its cultural sites, the country is plagued with natural disasters. In fact, more than 70% of the island is prone to experiencing at least three different types of natural disasters, including: floods, earthquakes, typhoons, windstorms, and landslides.

18. AUSTRALIA

The land down under may have clean water and happy residents, but it is also home to some of the deadliest animals in the world. When you visit Australia, you may find yourself facing one of the ten most poisonous snakes in the world, one of many different types of deadly spiders or even deadly sea creatures. In fact, most consider Australia to be the place where you are most likely to get attacked by wildlife in one way or another.

17. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Petty crimes have long been considered common in the Dominican Republic, but violent crimes against foreigners are becoming increasingly common. In fact, buses and taxis are known for allowing criminals to rob tourists while in their small, enclosed spaces.

16. VENEZUELA

Venezuela as the third biggest murder rate in all of Latin America, with much of that violence being related to drug trafficking and resulting from the fact that the country is located between Colombia and the United States.

15. COTE D’IVOIRE

Despite the fact that the airport is now open, the violent killings of and American civilian and several French troops in 2004 has continued to plague this country.

14. GEORGIA

American citizens are forbidden from traveling the overland passing that spans between Russia and Georgia, but this isn’t the only problem you might face in this country. The country remains divided after its civil war, which took place in the 80s and 90s, and the group in northwest Georgia still refuses to recognize the country’s government. This has results in a great deal of violence in the area, including beatings and destruction of property.

13. ZIMBABWE

Despite the beauty that Victoria Falls offers in Zimbabwe, tourists are routinely harassed in the country. Violent crime, which is often spurred by food and fuel shortages, are also common.

12. DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO

If you plan to go to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, be prepared to have to bribe your way in and out of the country. Despite the presences of the U.N. observer forces throughout the country, car-jackings, kidnapping, and rapes routinely occur at the hands of troops as well as armed groups.

11. LIBERIA

Despite the 1,100 police advisors and 15,000 U.N. peacekeepers, crime remains a major problem in Liberia. Murder, theft, and sexual assaults are all common – particularly at night.

10. HAITI

Despite the governmental changes that took place in 2004, Haiti still regularly sees violent outbreaks and demonstrations. With no real police force in the country, keeping the violence under control has been impossible and several towns in the country are literally controlled by criminals. Furthermore, water and electricity are in low supply and travelers do not receive protection from the U.N. representatives while in the country.

9. RUSSIA

The Caucasus region of Russia is highly unstable, making certain areas of the country best to avoid. In areas such as Degestan and North Ossetia, open guerilla warfare is still a regular occurrence. Travelers are often kidnapped for ransom and terrorists regularly attack government buildings, hotels, and even schools.

8. BURUNDI

Burundi has been dealing with an ongoing civil war since 1993, with fighting between government forces and rebel fractions being a common occurrence. Groups of criminals regularly engage in car-jackings and muggings and mortar attacks are a regular part of life in the country, despite a cease-fire agreement among six o the rebel groups.

7. SUDAN

Sudan, which is located in Northeast Africa, is simply brimming with a variety of exotic diseases, and, yet, there are only 3 hospitals for the 6 million people in the country. Some of the diseases found in Sudan are so rare that they are not found anywhere else in the world. Others are more common, yet equally as deadly. Ebola and Malaria are common in Sudan, as well as the interesting Guinea Worm that grow inside your body and then digs its way back out when it becomes an adult.

Islamic military regimes have also been in power in Sudan ever since the country gained its independence in 1956. Despite the signing of a peace agreement in 2005, violence rages on in Sudan. Terrorists attacks occur on occasion while militant fighting remains a constant.

6. COLOMBIA

Colombia boasts beautiful Caribbean coastlines and excellent surfing opportunities, but the country also has one of the highest violent crime rates in the world. The country also reports 2,300 kidnappings of tourists each year and drug cartel assassinations are a regular occurrence. On the average day, the country sees 8 highway robberies, 2 bank robberies, 87 murders, and 204 muggings or assaults.

5. PAPUA NEW GUINEA

One of the world’s highest murder rates are found in Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea. Armed robberies, car-jackings, and stonings are common in certain areas and violent crimes are rampant throughout the country. Even public transportation is dangerous for visitors, making car rental the safest way to get around the country.

4. SOMALIA

American travelers in Somalia have no backing or assistance available to them, as there are no diplomatic outposts or United States embassies in the country. Relief workers and journalists are attacked on a regular basis. In addition, vessels are held ransom by pirates while inter-clan fighting is a daily event.

3. PAKISTAN

Ever since it was founded in 1947, Pakistan has been embroiled with conflict. Militant extremist groups abound in the area, with Americans being the biggest target of their rage.

2. AFGHANISTAN

Kidnapping and assassination are regular threats for visitors to Afghanistan. According to the State Department, the number of vehicular bombing continue to grow and several areas of the country are actually banned for many members of the U.S. Embassy.

1. IRAQ

The warzone of Iraq is not save for any visitor, regardless of where they visit. Even the International Zone is a dangerous place to be. The Ba’ath regime is still enjoying a great deal of power in the area and international criminals and terrorists remain a daily threat. Every day, civilians are killed from suicide bombings and car bombings. In addition, given the fact that U.S. citizens are particularly despised in the region, it is an even more dangerous place for people from the United States to visit.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where is mexico in the list? mexico is the most dangerous cuntry next to the amercan border to travel to today due to the ongoing war among drug cartels and government forces.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
where is mexico in the list? mexico is the most dangerous cuntry next to the amercan border to travel to today due to the ongoing war among drug cartels and government forces.

Thank you for being the first customer here :biggrin:

But no free points. :o

Brother, if you're free, can pen down one travel experience that you think it's worthwhile to share? Thank you in advance :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Australia there is a lot of wildlife here. Just the other day there is an Emu walking across my street. Also be aware of dropbears in the bush, those fuckers will drop down on your head and eat your brains out.

http://www.dropbearaware.com/
[video=youtube;K_fGZpFN9Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K_fGZpFN9Wc[/video]

YaoSiuKia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Im surprise to see New Zealand and Australia in that list. Those have been one of the safest place to travel for me and my family.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for being the first customer here :biggrin:

But no free points. :o

Brother, if you're free, can pen down one travel experience that you think it's worthwhile to share? Thank you in advance :biggrin:

thanks! will post a story about capetown soon. by the way, snow storm going thru' midwest in u.s.a. best to avoid.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
My most scary travel moment has to be in Morocco when i was surrounded by 10 to 12 Moroccan gangsters and demanded that i buy their hashish since i have already wasted their time bringing it to me. I eventually forked out the close to 100 sing dollars and had a good laugh afterwards at how my stinginess almost caused me to get stabbed and rob off everything. It was the best smoke i had in Morocco through. What happen? The amount of hash should have cost me no more than 30-50 sing dollars and that was what set-off the argument before someone whipped out a knife and told me i had no choice but to buy it and for the amount they asked.

Outside of Morocco, that quantity & quality could easily cost up to 200 dollars. :biggrin:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
having gone to several of the a/m cuntries.

mexico is a narco cuntry, do your business and FO, dont stay and flash your cash. v violent place. sad really considering they have some wonderful beach resorts.

morroco is your typical arab corrupt cuntry, very stressful experience there, pp will surround you and ask money from you until you bo pian have to give, pretty fucked up place considering their king lives in bloody opulence, you feel revulsion and despair for the peasants. It helps if you parlez vous francais.

Russia is cold and emotionless and russians are the best drinkers bar the germans, another corrupt place, do your business, enjoy your drink and FO.

the african cuntries, pp are v nice, actually very sweet and frendly pp, but the govt is pretty fucked up, do business, stay a while and FO. Got lots of biz opportunites as the blacks work hard if you are strict but fair with them.

NZ, beautiful cuntry but make sure u dont cross swords with any mongol or another gang they have, can be dangerous, and pls try a hangi, unique way to cook meat and tasty too, maoris v proud people who guard their manna.

pakistan is your typical shit cuntry, corrupt to the core, pp will literally fake accident (lie down in front of your car after pretend to be hit) with your vehicle and threaten you, so you pay them off, crazy place. I hope the yanks colonise the damn place or nuke it. bloody corrupt place (ok, I dislike the cuntry). pp are proud though, but I dont know why, cos its a fucked up cuntry, makes the chief shit cuntry (india) look like heaven.

Australia: not dangerous what, they only dislike urines and used to beat up shit students I think for fun :biggrin:

afghan and other places, pls go if you got death wish. :oIo:

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mexico does not sounds safe..

Six Spanish tourists raped by gunmen in Mexico, authorities say

By Tracy Wilkinson

February 5, 2013

MEXICO CITY -- Six Spanish tourists on vacation in Acapulco were raped by masked gunmen who burst into their lodgings in the middle of the night, roughed up their companions and made off with cash, laptops and other valuables, authorities said.

The attack early Monday on what was in Mexico a long holiday weekend came as the one-time tourist mecca struggles to salvage its reputation. Acapulco, faded gem of Mexico’s Pacific coast, has become one of the deadliest cities in the country as rival drug traffickers fight for control.

“This is a very regrettable incident that undoubtedly hurts Acapulco,” Mayor Luis Walton Aburto said at a news conference.

Most of the violence has been limited to dicier parts of the city not frequented by tourists. But this attack took place near the beach about six miles south of the so-called Diamond Zone, Acapulco’s newest and most luxurious enclave.

Acapulco’s city government press office said the tourists had rented a bungalow on Enchanted Beach south of the city, alongside small four-star hotels that advertise themselves as places for meditation, relaxation and yoga.

Walton said at least five gunmen entered the rooms where the tourists were sleeping, beat and tied up six men and raped six Spanish women. A seventh woman, a Mexican national, was unharmed, he said. The nationalities of the male tourists were not disclosed.

Walton added that the women were raped despite what he described as “excellent security” beefed up in Acapulco for the holiday weekend. Federal police and the army patrol parts of the city.
No arrests have been reported in the case.

Against obvious empirical evidence, Angel Aguirre, the governor of Guerrero, the state where Acapulco is located, has repeatedly vowed that the resort is destined to make a comeback and recover its past glory. The drop in tourism is blamed in part for a $33-million deficit in the city’s budget.

Killings and kidnappings are so rampant in parts of Guerrero that armed vigilante groups now patrol five villages in the southern part of the state. Operating outside of formal law, they have captured around 50 “suspects” whom they plan to put on a kind of “people’s trial.” Human rights groups as well as the state government are eyeing the developments nervously.

A group of the vigilantes opened fire over the weekend on two Mexican tourists headed to the beach who failed to stop at one of their impromptu roadblocks. The pair was injured but survived.

The U.S. and Spanish governments last year issued warnings advising extreme caution while traveling in Acapulco. The Mexican foreign ministry Tuesday expressed regrets for the rapes and said Spain’s consul general, based in Mexico City, had traveled to Acapulco to assist the victims.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My most scary travel moment has to be in Morocco when i was surrounded by 10 to 12 Moroccan gangsters and demanded that i buy their hashish since i have already wasted their time bringing it to me. I eventually forked out the close to 100 sing dollars ...

Outside of Morocco, that quantity & quality could easily cost up to 200 dollars. :biggrin:
did u make any profit from it? ...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Australia there is a lot of wildlife here. Just the other day there is an Emu walking across my street. Also be aware of dropbears in the bush, those fuckers will drop down on your head and eat your brains out.

Heard of this silly joke before.

YaoSiuKia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not understand why people like to risk their life this way :rolleyes:

But it is a cool way to lose weight. Very effective :p

Briton survived Outback by drinking contact lens fluid
Posted: 17 February 2013 1433 hrs

SYDNEY: A British backpacker who endured three days missing in Australia's punishing Outback survived by drinking his contact lens fluid and urine, his mother said Sunday.

Samuel Woodhead, 18, was found Friday on the sprawling remote property Upshot Station, about 130 kilometres (80 miles) from the far-flung central Queensland town of Longreach, from where he had set off on Tuesday.

He became lost in extremely harsh terrain and mother Claire Derry credited his training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst for his survival in the remote and unforgiving Outback with little more than sunburn and dehydration.

"He tried drinking his own urine and he wasn't able to cope much with that, so he drank tiny sips of the contact lens fluid," Derry told the Sun-Herald newspaper.

He lost 15 kilograms over three days and nights and Derry said she and her son were both incredulous that he'd been found alive.

"Sam is incredibly fit, that was something I clung on to," she said, adding that her son wanted to go into the Royal Marines or the army.

"He'd not long ago been on an appropriateness course for Sandhurst... so I knew he had a lot of knowledge to draw on."

Australian authorities had held grave fears for the man's survival in a region where heat, a lack of water, venomous snakes and the possibility of injury could prove deadly.

Planes, motorbikes, and four-wheel drives were being used in the search, with neighbours also combing the area on foot and horseback and an emergency services helicopter dispatched with medical staff.

When he was found Derry said her son told her his rescuers said "they normally find people out here with their eyes pecked out.

"All he could say was 'Mum, just thank these wonderful people. I've loved Australia from the minute I arrived here. These people are extraordinary'."

Derry was on board a flight from Britain to Australia and had been fearing the worst when she learned that her son had been found alive. She celebrated by embracing the flight crew and popping some champagne.

"One of the airline staff came up to me and he was smiling. He handed me this piece of paper saying Sam was found alive and well," she said.

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Although no South East Asian country is in the list I found Manila or rather the Philippines a very dangerous place to go with all those gun-toting pinoys (many home made guns).

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although no South East Asian country is in the list I found Manila or rather the Philippines a very dangerous place to go with all those gun-toting pinoys (many home made guns).

A pretty dodgy country, a good friend of mine migrated there with his family about 10 years ago. He has multiple guns hidden all over his home and has one hidden under his steering wheel.

The general rule of thumb there is, DON'T SHOW OFF and don't show you have money. Stay humble and don't make enemies in the business world and that includes being very particular about what business you open up, business competitors are usually met with bullets.