• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Gratitude to My SG

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, despite some of my negative comments on SG, this is a simple way to say "Thank You". We may have our differences.. but I am grateful to receive right education & skills to relocate... of course the 'CPF' is handy too.

My life ahead is gonna be tough ~ unable to decide which chicken business to venture or which wine/beer to bring along for a barbie.. nevertheless, you shall be remembered for life.

Please dont sue me or make me accountable for my statement.. Mas Salamat deserves a better attention than me :smile:

Thank you !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes indeed, and Singapore is a low income tax country with a DTA with Oz. Which means so long as I don't stay in Singapore and suffer the high cost of living, I pay SG income taxes for my investments in SG and not have to get doubly taxed again by Oz.

Such is the way of the world in time to come in SG, since the government does not give 2 shits about building a strong citizenry but rather reward and glorify mercenaries, one must then make decisions that may seem cold and pragmatic when it comes to dealings in Singapore.

There is no free lunch, or having to take the cake and eat it, but it pays in this day and age to sift through the bullshit of the PAP and then be mentally strong enough to carve out a personal success formula.

Singapore's good for cheap things. Perth's good for earning an income, esp if you are in the right trade or right job.

As long as SGD does not devaluate its currency soon. Investment is good.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doesn't mean that when you invest in SG you have to keep SGD...

I am waiting for SG govt to announce the bad economic figures and devalue the SGD before laundering money over to that tax haven.

That is the only bright spot in Singapore. Money Laundering.

OilPods

heehee:biggrin:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, despite some of my negative comments on SG, this is a simple way to say "Thank You". We may have our differences.. but I am grateful to receive right education & skills to relocate... of course the 'CPF' is handy too.

My life ahead is gonna be tough ~ unable to decide which chicken business to venture or which wine/beer to bring along for a barbie.. nevertheless, you shall be remembered for life.

Please dont sue me or make me accountable for my statement.. Mas Salamat deserves a better attention than me :smile:

Thank you !

Quite agree. We should be grateful for everything. As a matter of fact, I have not forgotten that I am what I am today because of Singapore.
Majulah Singaoura. :smile:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's good for cheap things. Perth's good for earning an income, esp if you are in the right trade or right job.

As long as SGD does not devaluate its currency soon. Investment is good.

The only thing cheap in Singapore is the food and yeah. I hope Singapore does not devalue the currency anytime soon. Not till I withdraw my CPF, please!!!! :eek:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only thing cheap in Singapore is the food and yeah. I hope Singapore does not devalue the currency anytime soon. Not till I withdraw my CPF, please!!!! :eek:

Unfortunately, they will have no choice. Singapore will make its move within the next quarter or the island will be in deeper shits.
E.g. I expect property prices in Singapore to fall by 50% if they do not act.
But, devaluing SGD will create an inflation problem for the commoners and the PAP image.

Meanwhile, 'P' plate Wayne Swan is watching Singapore's moves. His Bank Guarantee policy had Singapore fuming --- hahaha

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
But, devaluing SGD will create an inflation problem for the commoners and the PAP image.

Meanwhile, 'P' plate Wayne Swan is watching Singapore's moves. His Bank Guarantee policy had Singapore fuming --- hahaha

Biang ! I cant see the ppty prices dropping by 50% in Australia leh.. If it does.. i am getting a 2nd home in District 9,10, 11 in Melbourne..

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, they will have no choice. Singapore will make its move within the next quarter or the island will be in deeper shits.

Sigh!!! You may be right. Things just don't work to our favor do they? :(

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biang ! I cant see the ppty prices dropping by 50% in Australia leh.. If it does.. i am getting a 2nd home in District 9,10, 11 in Melbourne..

Yah lor. I hope the property prices drop by 50% in Oz and at least I could get a nice townhouse in Strathfield area. Now houses in Strathfield and Burwood areas are so bloody expensive. :(

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Swan and Rudd did it early, and fast. If S'pore got caught out, then that's LKY's fault. LKY didn't realise anything until the crap hit the fan. Way too late, in anyone's opinion.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swan and Rudd did it early, and fast. If S'pore got caught out, then that's LKY's fault. LKY didn't realise anything until the crap hit the fan. Way too late, in anyone's opinion.

Then, just as usual, their reply would be: What to do? It's happened. Its a "honest mistake". Let's move on. :biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then, just as usual, their reply would be: What to do? It's happened. Its a "honest mistake". Let's move on. :biggrin:

They are flying bi-planes when everyone's flying supersonic jet planes...from Australia, I knew they were already looking so clueless, its astounding.

To believe they are paid like millions annually, and yet when the crisis hits the fans, they behave like Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you SG.. for training me the fine "Art-of-Rebuttal".. My experience in several HDB illegal parking appeals and dodgy DBS Structure Deposit fight, had given me strength to battle all odds in Australia..

I hereby declare.. For every 100k profit I've made.. I'll make a donation to NKF or RenCi.. Perhaps (at least I can do is) to make life less painful for the ERP/COE payers

Thank you SG.. :wink:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you !

In a way ...
Without Singapore, we may not have migrated.

MambaLeyla

Alfrescian
Loyal
I started going for the Open Mike forum and remembered -- hey we have a brand new forum for this kind of thread.

I need to express my gratitude for this site, this community, this family thats become such a wonderful part of my life in the last two years. Ive been alone a lot the last week, had a lot of time to think, look back and begin to appreciate how Sober Musicians has enriched my life.

Id like to mention members by name, but I dont want to leave anyone out, and to thank everyone individually, well, Dan might have to give me my very own forum. There are the always-here members I look forward to seeing every day, and there are the folks who drop in here & there and are always a welcome surprise. What is shared here, from the cerebral to the mundane, from the joyous to the tragic, from the spiritual to the earthy, amazes me, as its all taken in and turned over and thought about and responded to in a spirit of incredible respect, love and tolerance.

Ive been able to share some things here, in public forums that anyone can access, and yet Ive never felt vulnerable, no matter how pained Ive been or exposed Ive felt. I know, though it hasnt been necessary, that I have a whole pack of brothers & sisters who would not allow anything to happen to me, and thats a safety I dont know if Ive ever felt anywhere outside of my own immediate face to face, chosen circle.

You know, I want to share something that almost sounds like an admission, but its not something Ive ever tried to hide. Ive never stopped posting on another forum because, for all the controversy surrounding it, Ive considered it a 12th step responsibility to reach out to the newcomer and the still sick & suffering, and, well, theyre more abundant there. Ive been offered opportunities to increase my status, and Ive always turned them down. Thats not why I go there. Gee, I feel Im justifying my presence there, and I know thats not necessary here. Anyway, I noticed, in looking through all my old posts on that board that my presence there is very different than my presence here. There, I dont start threads. I respond to others, share my E, S & H, and for the most part, keep others at an arms length. My inbox there is typically empty. I dont get involved personally, just share what I have to share and move on. Ive followed the journeys of a few members, but rarely getting to know them or letting them get to know me. It sounds cold, but I dont feel like that when Im there. Its just a different role in my life. I almost said role I play but I dont see it as playing.

Anyway, what I do there is closely tied to what I do here. Im seeing that & appreciating that. I cannot see a continued participation without having the home base I have here. I cant imagine giving what I have to give there without being fed, as I am, here. I step back from that statement, and it almost sounds like there I give, here I take. Thats not what I mean. Oh, I pray, I hope I give here as well Its just that Im not afraid to accept here -- or there, either, though I dont have to receive, dont have to expose myself to some....shall I say less healthy input there? My trust levels are much, much higher here. Theyre a none issue there.

I just needed to get this all out. I appreciate all of you, family thats been here since the beginning and new members who are assimilating into our family. I appreciate you, I love you, and you are all counted among my many, many blessings each and every day.

Peace & Love,
Sugah

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I started going for the Open Mike forum and remembered -- hey we have a brand new forum for this kind of thread.

I need to express my gratitude for this site, this community, this family thats become such a wonderful part of my life in the last two years. Ive been alone a lot the last week, had a lot of time to think, look back and begin to appreciate how Sober Musicians has enriched my life.

Id like to mention members by name, but I dont want to leave anyone out, and to thank everyone individually, well, Dan might have to give me my very own forum. There are the always-here members I look forward to seeing every day, and there are the folks who drop in here & there and are always a welcome surprise. What is shared here, from the cerebral to the mundane, from the joyous to the tragic, from the spiritual to the earthy, amazes me, as its all taken in and turned over and thought about and responded to in a spirit of incredible respect, love and tolerance.

Ive been able to share some things here, in public forums that anyone can access, and yet Ive never felt vulnerable, no matter how pained Ive been or exposed Ive felt. I know, though it hasnt been necessary, that I have a whole pack of brothers & sisters who would not allow anything to happen to me, and thats a safety I dont know if Ive ever felt anywhere outside of my own immediate face to face, chosen circle.

You know, I want to share something that almost sounds like an admission, but its not something Ive ever tried to hide. Ive never stopped posting on another forum because, for all the controversy surrounding it, Ive considered it a 12th step responsibility to reach out to the newcomer and the still sick & suffering, and, well, theyre more abundant there. Ive been offered opportunities to increase my status, and Ive always turned them down. Thats not why I go there. Gee, I feel Im justifying my presence there, and I know thats not necessary here. Anyway, I noticed, in looking through all my old posts on that board that my presence there is very different than my presence here. There, I dont start threads. I respond to others, share my E, S & H, and for the most part, keep others at an arms length. My inbox there is typically empty. I dont get involved personally, just share what I have to share and move on. Ive followed the journeys of a few members, but rarely getting to know them or letting them get to know me. It sounds cold, but I dont feel like that when Im there. Its just a different role in my life. I almost said role I play but I dont see it as playing.

Anyway, what I do there is closely tied to what I do here. Im seeing that & appreciating that. I cannot see a continued participation without having the home base I have here. I cant imagine giving what I have to give there without being fed, as I am, here. I step back from that statement, and it almost sounds like there I give, here I take. Thats not what I mean. Oh, I pray, I hope I give here as well Its just that Im not afraid to accept here -- or there, either, though I dont have to receive, dont have to expose myself to some....shall I say less healthy input there? My trust levels are much, much higher here. Theyre a none issue there.

I just needed to get this all out. I appreciate all of you, family thats been here since the beginning and new members who are assimilating into our family. I appreciate you, I love you, and you are all counted among my many, many blessings each and every day.

Peace & Love,
Sugah

Kena Sai.. whats ya point ? Thank all of us ? hehee