• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOUTALKCOCK, please read: Life isn't Fair. Deal with it

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
LIFE ISN'T FAIR. DEAL WITH IT, YOUTALKCOCK.

There seems to be a lot of talk these days about what is fair, and what is not. President Obama seems to believe life should be fair – that “everybody should have a fair shake.” Some of the 99% seem to believe life has treated them unfairly, and some of the 1% percent feel life hasn’t treated them fairly enough. My questions are these: What is fair? Is life fair? Should life be fair? I’ll frame the debate, and you decide…

We clearly have no choice about how we come into this world, we have little choice early in life, but as we grow older choices abound. I have long believed that while we have no control over the beginning of our life, the overwhelming majority of us have the ability to influence the outcomes we attain. Fair is a state of mind, and most often, an unhealthy state of mind.

In business, in politics, and in life, most of us are beneficiaries of the outcomes we have contributed to. Our station in life cannot, or at least should not, be blamed on our parents, our teachers, our pastors, our government, or our society – it’s largely based on the choices we make, and the attitudes we adopt.

People have overcome poverty, drug addiction, incarceration, abuse, divorce, mental illness, victimization, and virtually every challenge known to man. Life is full of examples of the uneducated, the mentally and physically challenged, people born into war-torn impoverished backgrounds, who could have complained about life being unfair, but who instead chose a different path – they chose to overcome the odds and succeed.

I don’t dispute that challenges exist. I don’t even dispute that many have an uphill battle due to the severity of the challenges they face. What I vehemently dispute is attempting to regulate, adjudicate, or legislate fairness somehow solves the world’s problems. Mandates don’t create fairness, but people’s desire and determination can work around or overcome most life challenges.

It doesn’t matter whether you are born with a silver spoon, plastic spoon, or no spoon at all. It’s not the circumstances by which you come into this world, but what you make of them once you arrive that matter. One of my clients came to this country from Africa in his late teens, barely spoke the language, drove a cab while working his way through college, and is now the President of a large technology services firm. Stories such as this are all around us – they are not miracles, nor are they the rare exception. They do however demonstrate blindness to the mindset of the fairness doctrine.

From a leadership perspective, it’s a leader’s obligation to do the right thing, regardless of whether or not it’s perceived as the fair thing. When leaders attempt to navigate the slippery slope of fairness, they will find themselves arbiter of public opinion and hostage to the politically correct. Fair isn’t a standard to be imposed unless a leader is attempting to impose mediocrity. Fair blends to a norm, and in doing so, it limits, inhibits, stifles, and restricts, all under the guise of balance and equality. I believe fair only exists as a rationalization or justification. The following 11 points came from a commencement speech widely attributed to Bill Gates entitled Rules for Life. While many dispute the source, whether it was proffered by Bill Gates or not, I tend to agree with the hypothesis:

Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping — they called it opportunity.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The trend now is to start threads addressed to forum members?
I think I will start a thread...'kopiuncle, good riddance to bad rubbish'...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yay lor, where is the moderator of this folder, if such shits appear in the moderated folder, they are going to trash heap.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have noticed reason, vulgarities, zaps, infractions even ban cannot rid of these losers behind the clone nicks....some perverted ones even enjoy the attention that they clearly lack in real life.
Suggests to dump these rubbish threads where they belong....they might give up when they realized they are wasting their time as no one is reading them.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone can read. While it's address to one, it's meant for all. Are you telling me I put the thread on the public forum just for one idiot?
I just make it simple, address to him, as he's the most in need, but does not mean everyone cannot read, whether address to you or not.

If not, why you reply in this thread if you don't read it? Meant for everyone, not just for that idiot.

nonsense

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone can read. While it's address to one, it's meant for all. Are you telling me I put the thread on the public forum just for one idiot?
I just make it simple, address to him, as he's the most in need, but does not mean everyone cannot read, whether address to you or not.

If not, why you reply in this thread if you don't read it? Meant for everyone, not just for that idiot.

Remember this..

Get used to waiting for my reply.

:biggrin:

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
One moment bonk gf, next moment finish late supper, I think you just concentrate on increasing your post counts can already. :rolleyes:

And just finished watching this... :p

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/paXoVlRZoEI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JRrFMOrG9Ow?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

iluvu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were u waiting for my reply? Paiseh paiseh again as i just finished my late supper. :biggrin:

Gotcha!! I knew you're a clone on that SMS thread, you stinking asshole creep. I thought I'm the one with the entitlement to say to you LOSER to wait for my posts, as even I don't know when my own posts get posted, so you're not even in my league, LOSER. Enjoy waiting, kiddo. LOL!!

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agree with the hypothesis:

Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping — they called it opportunity.

1. Any idiot knows that moron.
2. It doesn't matter what you and the world thinks. I expect to feel better about myself than compared to rubbish you and this laughable rubbish world and what I ever decide to do for you animals you just shut up, accept and swallow. SIMPLE.
3. Yeah yet another idiotic "proclamation" by you failures to hide your failures.
4. And you'd have to tear two persons' lives apart instead of just one.
5. And what have they achieved after their big burger-flipping break? Precious nothing and continued uselessness into old age? Hahahahahahahaha.

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gotcha!! I knew you're a clone on that SMS thread, you stinking asshole creep. I thought I'm the one with the entitlement to say to you LOSER to wait for my posts, as even I don't know when my own posts get posted, so you're not even in my league, LOSER. Enjoy waiting, kiddo. LOL!!

Hahahahahahahaha.

Were u morons waiting for my reply? Paiseh because i just came back from this...... :biggrin:

Bike_Park_DSC3781.jpg